Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2010, 08:32 AM

324 posts, read 659,547 times

Advertisements

Are these things written on paper about which city is the best lyrically??? Did someone do a survey around the world... I just can't see me bumping anything from Texas except the old UGK...

I'm a T.I and outkast fan.. I'm feeling the new guy from Atlanta with Grand hustle. B.O.B I didn't know he was only 21..

You guys feel Atlanta music is crap same can be said for Houston.. It's all about a persons taste in what they like everyone here can debate all day both cities have good artist.. So I will not take sides here..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 08:45 AM

3,092 posts, read 4,969,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkspice23 View Post
Are these things written on paper about which city is the best lyrically??? Did someone do a survey around the world... I just can't see me bumping anything from Texas except the old UGK...

I'm a T.I and outkast fan.. I'm feeling the new guy from Atlanta with Grand hustle. B.O.B I didn't know he was only 21..

You guys feel Atlanta music is crap same can be said for Houston.. It's all about a persons taste in what they like everyone here can debate all day both cities have good artist.. So I will not take sides here..
I'm not sure how the whole Hip-Hop argument, I like both Houston and Atlanta's scene. They both have very distinct feels that you can't get from anywhere else.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:52 AM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
It is all about preference. I don't hate ATL's music. I just don't prefer to listen to most of it. I can't listen to Gucci, OJ, and Wacka Flocka. In return, I can't listen to Paul Wall, Mike Jones, and Lil Flip. Wackness is not exempt from any city. Heck, I can go out and say that Houston's hip hop can become BORING at times.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:55 AM

3,092 posts, read 4,969,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
It is all about preference. I don't hate ATL's music. I just don't prefer to listen to most of it. I can't listen to Gucci, OJ, and Wacka Flocka. In return, I can't listen to Paul Wall, Mike Jones, and Lil Flip. Wackness is not exempt from any city. Heck, I can go out and say that Houston's hip hop can become BORING at times.
Pretty much. Ever city has some BS...no city can say they don't (even though some east coast hip-hop purists might try to make you think otherwise). Though I will say that I actually think Paul Wall's People's Champ album is a bit underrated. And his material with Chamillionaire was great. Same can be said for Mike Jones and his stuff with Magno.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:11 AM

2,419 posts, read 4,723,143 times
I don't like either, but I'd have to go with the A.

More history=More Character

Old 04-29-2010, 09:28 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,845,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
"very" is an over-statement. Not to mention significant amounts of sub cultures like creole (not Haitian) can only be found in CA and Mexico outside of TX and LA.
it's not that much of an over-statement. it's not like i'm saying beaumont and new orleans are the exact same place, but they are FAR more similar than texas and california.

Quote:
apparently, you'd be surprised. even the music from those areas and CA is closer to each other than the rest of the south. You can even look at the number of people moving back and forth to those places vs the southeast.
i wouldn't be surprised by anything. i have lived in south carolina and i have lived in eastern texas (including houston) and the cultural differences are trivial at best. houston is in the south, so how could it possibly be more similar to california than places it shares a region with?

as far as the rap goes, yes there are some houston artists with connections to california, but they do not represent the whole city. many of the artists underground have that pure, southern, REAL houston sound

Old 04-29-2010, 09:49 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,794,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
All I did was ask if you think Atlanta is more diverse than Houston. Now, you're getting personal. It really isn't that big of a deal, and you're on an island alone by thinking Atlanta is more diverse. The numbers don't back up your point. For example, Houston is only 44% White, while Atlanta is 53% White. You say they all come from Latin America (specifically Mexico), but Houston still has a higher percentage than Atlanta from other Latin America countries, so your point is moot.
LOL.You are not that innocent.You said those things to try and discredit what I was saying,but again you act like you cannot see what im saying with the info that was provided.
Yes that is true about the white population.It is also true that Atlanta has almost double the amount of Africans(not African American-cultures are quite different)and not just from Nigeria but across the board with people from Ghana,Kenya and South Africa.I showed you that,but apparently it did not matter so you ignored it and ept changing the argument to things I never even said or disagreed with.

Europeans(again not caucasian americans)those born in Europe represent double the amount that Houston has.I'm sorry but its YOUR point that is moot.

And no im not mad

Old 04-29-2010, 10:12 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,952,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
(Didn't read what afonega posted)
You win. Here's your gold star: http://www.library.drexel.edu/blogs/thesuggestionbox/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/gold-star-2.jpg (broken link)

Wear it with pride.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:14 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkspice23 View Post

Yeah, but it's a problem when ATliens try to place their hip hop scene over Houston. Houston takes a backseat to no one when it comes to this; especially not ATL.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:17 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
Pretty much. Ever city has some BS...no city can say they don't (even though some east coast hip-hop purists might try to make you think otherwise). Though I will say that I actually think Paul Wall's People's Champ album is a bit underrated. And his material with Chamillionaire was great. Same can be said for Mike Jones and his stuff with Magno.
I feel the same way; I'd take Paul Wall or Mike Jones over Waka Floka and Gucci Mane.

Lil Flip has put out some good songs though imo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City