Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2010, 07:06 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,845,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
I led you to the water, but I'm not about to show you how to drink it. Click the link and look up the numbers. Also, I posted some links in the post right up above //www.city-data.com/forum/13962555-post274.html one regarding Harris County that answered your question, PLUS I posted some numbers that showed that the California-Texas Migration outnumbered the top Southeastern state inflow migration to Texas combined.

It's obvious there is no convincing you of this, even when I provided links and stats. If you want to stubbornly hold on to what you're saying despite evidence to the contrary, be my guest. It seems that the Houston posters are essentially saying the same thing and backing up what I'm saying.
evidently i didn't see it, so calm yo ass down. and quit callin yourself tryna get smart with somebody

i'm man enough to admit when i'm wrong. now why don't you try to display some of that same grace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 08:32 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,794,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
evidently i didn't see it, so calm yo ass down. and quit callin yourself tryna get smart with somebody

i'm man enough to admit when i'm wrong. now why don't you try to display some of that same grace
Now you see!
YouTube - Nelson haha

Old 04-29-2010, 08:39 PM

2,531 posts, read 6,249,581 times
Quote:

Aw chill, it's not that serious.

And y'all know I'm the Crown without the Coke. The Hennesey without the green. That's how I roll!

And besides, I'm never wrong. Just kidding of course...

Last edited by grindin; 04-29-2010 at 08:56 PM..

Old 04-29-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Aw chill, it's not that serious.

And y'all know I'm the Crown without the Coke. The Hennesey without the green. That's how I roll!

And besides, I'm never wrong. Just kidding of course...
yeah yeah whatever...

made me have to throw on some jill scott to calm my nerves lol

Old 04-29-2010, 09:17 PM

2,531 posts, read 6,249,581 times
Quote:
yeah yeah whatever...

made me have to throw on some jill scott to calm my nerves lol
LOL, WOO-SAH.

Damn, I sure could go for a crown and coke right about now, but fighting the battle of the bulge with my potbelly is telling me that wouldn't be a good idea...

Old 04-29-2010, 09:21 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,484,556 times
What did I miss?

Old 04-29-2010, 09:40 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,839,439 times
Fort Worth biggest influence in music in the 90's was the West Coast and I am not ashamed to admit it. Houston wants to consider themselves strictly southern that's cool but I have come to the reality DFW is not strictly southern. I completely forgot about East Fort Worth in the 90's and its strong ties with southern California. It’s a street called Little John in East Fort Worth which was the equivalent of Crenshaw in the 90's. East Wood and Stop 6 even resemble Compton with those colorful frame homes. The crips and bloods migrated from Southern California into Fort Worth and the rest is history. Fort Worth was called "The Murder Worth" because of the massive numbers of black youth that fell victim to gang violence. I am thankful that its no longer like this on the East Side (Black folks not reppin colors anymore its more about making bread) but in the 90's it was pretty bad in the Funk.

If you want to here Fort Worth southerness just listen to Fort Worth natives Tamela Mann and David Mann A*K*A Brown and Cora.

YouTube - A Conversation with David and Tamela Mann

Old 04-29-2010, 09:40 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,374,705 times
Quote:
LOL, WOO-SAH.

Damn, I sure could go for a crown and coke right about now, but fighting the battle of the bulge with my potbelly is telling me that wouldn't be a good idea...
Get some Crown Black, you can drop the Coke with that stuff.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Fort Worth biggest influence in music in the 90's was the West Coast and I am not ashamed to admit it. Houston wants to consider themselves strictly southern that's cool but I have come to the reality DFW is not strictly southern. I completely forgot about East Fort Worth in the 90's and its strong ties with southern California. It?s a street called Little John in East Fort Worth which was the equivalent of Crenshaw in the 90's. East Wood and Stop 6 even resemble Compton with those colorful frame homes. The crips and bloods migrated from Southern California into Fort Worth and the rest is history. Fort Worth was called "The Murder Worth" because of the massive numbers of black youth that fell victim to gang violence. I am thankful that its no longer like this on the East Side (Black folks not reppin colors anymore its more about making bread) but in the 90's it was pretty bad in the Funk.

If you want to here Fort Worth southerness just listen to Fort Worth natives Tamela Mann and David Mann A*K*A Brown and Cora.

YouTube - A Conversation with David and Tamela Mann
oh, hell yeah. i can say with complete confidence that i have NEVER heard a more talented singer than tamela mann. her voice is flawless, to me

and she's also proof that fort worth is most definitely the south. she has a strong southern accent

david mann is cool, too, but his mr. brown character is getting kinda old

Old 04-29-2010, 10:09 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,839,439 times
Quote:
oh, hell yeah. i can say with complete confidence that i have NEVER heard a more talented singer than tamela mann. her voice is flawless, to me

and she's also proof that fort worth is most definitely the south. she has a strong southern accent

david mann is cool, too, but his mr. brown character is getting kinda old
Bro when you come to Fort Worth it’s like literally a church on every corner. At one time it had one of the highest Churches per capita in the U.S. People tend to forget about Fort Worth and its contribution to Gospel Music. Artist like Kirk Franklin, Tamela and David Mann, Darrly Blair all came up under choir director of O.D.Wyatt High School Jewel Kelly.

Darrent Williams RIP Fort Worth who played for the Denver Broncos also had a strong southern accent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuO4kT1UTRQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City