Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2010, 10:24 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
oh, hell yeah. i can say with complete confidence that i have NEVER heard a more talented singer than tamela mann. her voice is flawless, to me

and she's also proof that fort worth is most definitely the south. she has a strong southern accent

david mann is cool, too, but his mr. brown character is getting kinda old
I thought I was the only one who thought this.

Meet the Browns is killing Mr. Brown.

It's like Steve Urkel character on Family Manner's; I can't stand that show now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 10:28 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,841,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post

It's like Steve Urkel character on Family Manner's; I can't stand that show now.
lmfao Urkel transformed into Stephon

Old 04-29-2010, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
lmfao Urkel transformed into Stephon
That dude was beyond corny lmao

Old 04-29-2010, 11:04 PM

2,531 posts, read 6,251,007 times
I met David and Tamela Mann on a flight to DFW a few months back. David Mann couldn't have been more nicer. I'm tired of the Brown character myself, but he's alright with me, because he was very friendly and humble. As for Tamela, well, I'll just say that it was early in the morning, and she may have been tired. She came across quite snotty to me. But like I said, maybe she was just having a bad day. *shrugs*

I can also hear Erykah Badu's accent and drawl when she speaks too.

Speaking of accents, I guess I'm going to have to bring up the "Hood Dr Ruth," Alexyss Tylor. If you want to hear an ATL accent, either pull up one of her millions of videos on YouTube or listen to TI in an interview. Straight up Bankhead for ya.

I don't know why I'm admitting this, but for some reason, while I find Alexyss to be quite crazy and ratchet, I find her sexy in her own way. I think it's how she was smoking that cigar while she was ranting and raving, LOL (Audio NSFW):

And her Halloween episode with her MAMA (audio NSFW):

Old 04-29-2010, 11:18 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,946,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post

Tyler Perry's show's aren't funny, Brown is getting tiresome. And Tyler Perry's movies are getting repetitive. Black woman is mad at black man, they get back together, blah, blah, blah. It would be funny if Tyler Perry just comes out with a slasher psychotic movie.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
I met David and Tamela Mann on a flight to DFW a few months back. David Mann couldn't have been more nicer. I'm tired of the Brown character myself, but he's alright with me, because he was very friendly and humble. As for Tamela, well, I'll just say that it was early in the morning, and she may have been tired. She came across quite snotty to me. But like I said, maybe she was just having a bad day. *shrugs*

Speaking of accents, I guess I'm going to have to bring up the "Hood Dr Ruth," Alexyss Tylor. If you want to hear an ATL accent, either pull up one of her millions of videos on YouTube or listen to TI in an interview. Straight up Bankhead for ya.

I don't know why I'm admitting this, but for some reason, while I find Alexyss to be quite crazy and ratchet, I find her sexy in her own way. I think it's how she was smoking that cigar while she was ranting and raving, LOL (Audio NSFW):

Her mama looking like who the hell is you and what have you done with my daughter! and the part about the government cheese......hilarious.

Old 04-30-2010, 05:40 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,798,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Fort Worth biggest influence in music in the 90's was the West Coast and I am not ashamed to admit it. Houston wants to consider themselves strictly southern that's cool but I have come to the reality DFW is not strictly southern. I completely forgot about East Fort Worth in the 90's and its strong ties with southern California. It’s a street called Little John in East Fort Worth which was the equivalent of Crenshaw in the 90's. East Wood and Stop 6 even resemble Compton with those colorful frame homes. The crips and bloods migrated from Southern California into Fort Worth and the rest is history. Fort Worth was called "The Murder Worth" because of the massive numbers of black youth that fell victim to gang violence. I am thankful that its no longer like this on the East Side (Black folks not reppin colors anymore its more about making bread) but in the 90's it was pretty bad in the Funk.

If you want to here Fort Worth southerness just listen to Fort Worth natives Tamela Mann and David Mann A*K*A Brown and Cora.

YouTube - A Conversation with David and Tamela Mann
Thanks for informing so many of us about Ft.Worth and its connections to the black community.I have been to Dallas many times but rarely go to Ft.Worth.I thought it was just a place for "old money white people".Never knew blacks have had a real community of such substance.

Old 04-30-2010, 05:44 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,798,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post

WOW.LOL..You are so right!Atlanta does have its own accent.She is straight up hood.lol

Old 04-30-2010, 08:24 AM

324 posts, read 659,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Tyler Perry's show's aren't funny, Brown is getting tiresome. And Tyler Perry's movies are getting repetitive. Black woman is mad at black man, they get back together, blah, blah, blah. It would be funny if Tyler Perry just comes out with a slasher psychotic movie.
Wes Craven was repeatitive also.. He didn't do much but make horror movies all the time.. Everybody always talking about Tyler Perry is getting tiresome but he always does well in the box office.. So alot of people still love his movies .. I just went to his last play and that place was packed to capacity..

Old 04-30-2010, 09:02 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,848,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
WOW.LOL..You are so right!Atlanta does have its own accent.She is straight up hood.lol
actually, i can't honestly say that she has any type of distinct atlanta accent. she just sounds like another black woman from the south, to me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City