Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2014, 05:48 AM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
Back up a bit...if Tamir hadn't been pointing a gun at people this wouldn't have happened. Problem solved. But then, liberal America loves them a criminal. Always someone else's fault. Never the person breaking the law to begin with.
Tamir Rice didn't do anything actually illegal, and he was not a criminal.

Old 12-23-2014, 06:15 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
Yep, here is little Tamir:

Where is his pistol? Where are his hands?
Yep.
I can't tell. The video is too grainy on my device.

Without audio, we won't know what was actually said.

We had a case here in LV where a guy with a CCW had his gun in a holster and when Metro rolled up, they yelled at him to "drop the weapon". Well, you can't drop it if you are not holding it, and so the dipstick went to get the gun ( he was high on painkillers ) to follow orders, he was shot. White guy. West Point grad.

It was a messy case. We had several, and the DOJ came in to clean up the department.

So maybe they yelled "hands up " or maybe they yelled " drop the weapon" or maybe they said nothing.

We will never know.

Old 12-23-2014, 06:26 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,792,682 times
There will be a trial and after the officers are acquitted, there will be riots. Calls for less legal rights for police than for criminals, maybe a presumption of guilt, who knows.

Whatever businesses are still in Cleveland will burn, be looted, their owners assaulted. The outside agitators have already laid their plans, evaluated contingencies. Everyone has an assigned role. All that's needed is the go-ahead.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:21 AM

23,543 posts, read 12,517,887 times
Quote:
Back up a bit...if Tamir hadn't been pointing a gun at people this wouldn't have happened. Problem solved.
IF the cops had followed procedure then it probably would have been "problem solved" without a death.

Quote:
But then, liberal America loves them a criminal.
If you're trying to slam my by childishly spouting that tired old cliche, thinking that it makes you look like a big shot, then have at it, I don't care.

And no, I don't love criminals.

Quote:
Always someone else's fault. Never the person breaking the law to begin with.
Oh okay, I get it, you love vigilante cops who toss the procedure book out of the window, drive right up within a few feet of the kid, the cop (who was considered to be immature and not mentally capable of being a cop) without a word immediately opens fire on the kid -- then they lie their as*es off about much of what they did. There are good cops and there are bad cops, you love the bad cops - got it!

Old 12-23-2014, 07:34 AM

469 posts, read 549,703 times
Quote:
Back up a bit...if Tamir hadn't been pointing a gun at people this wouldn't have happened. Problem solved. But then, liberal America loves them a criminal. Always someone else's fault. Never the person breaking the law to begin with.
He didn't point a GUN at anyone...some white male over zealous idiot saw a kid and overreacted and called the police.....there is ZERO proof he was pointing a gun at anyone...stop with the BS

Old 12-23-2014, 07:36 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
I am the one who linked to it on here. Go back and look.
I've seen it more than once. He NEVER pointed that pellet gun at the cops nor was he reaching for it. It's amazing how someone can interpret things that never happened in his brain to satisfy his view of events. 12 year old kid was murdered, you should be blaming the person who murdered him.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:56 AM

23,543 posts, read 12,517,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I can't tell. The video is too grainy on my device.

Without audio, we won't know what was actually said.

We had a case here in LV where a guy with a CCW had his gun in a holster and when Metro rolled up, they yelled at him to "drop the weapon". Well, you can't drop it if you are not holding it, and so the dipstick went to get the gun ( he was high on painkillers ) to follow orders, he was shot. White guy. West Point grad.

It was a messy case. We had several, and the DOJ came in to clean up the department.

So maybe they yelled "hands up " or maybe they yelled " drop the weapon" or maybe they said nothing.

We will never know.
I agree, the video is to dark, grainy and shadowy to see what Rice was actually doing at that moment. .

As for telling Rice to put his hands up - Loehmann lied, one of many lies made by both cops, and said that he told him three times to put his hands up before he shot him. His lie was exposed when the PD and the Cleveland Police Patrolmen's Association president investigated that lie and discovered that Loehmann never said anything to Rice before he shot him.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:59 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos82 View Post
He didn't point a GUN at anyone...some white male over zealous idiot saw a kid and overreacted and called the police.....there is ZERO proof he was pointing a gun at anyone...stop with the BS
Okay, that's crap. He was acting like a fool in the park and he sure as hell did point that thing at people. He was just a stupid kid, and didn't deserve the death penalty for cryin out loud, but he sure as hell pointed that air soft gun at people.

Old 12-23-2014, 08:27 AM

3,268 posts, read 3,322,067 times
He did not deserve to die. He had stupid parents...but I still find this death so tragic.

Old 12-23-2014, 04:30 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
There will be a trial and after the officers are acquitted, there will be riots. Calls for less legal rights for police than for criminals, maybe a presumption of guilt, who knows.

Whatever businesses are still in Cleveland will burn, be looted, their owners assaulted. The outside agitators have already laid their plans, evaluated contingencies. Everyone has an assigned role. All that's needed is the go-ahead.
If you looked at the crime demographic maps, you'd see that this is actually one of the safest, highest-employment areas of Cleveland. If you'll notice, they haven't rioted yet, and this is a far more egregious shooting that NYC or Ferguson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events