Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 11:06 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Or better yet, how will others know for "sure without a doubt" the sex of anyone using a private changing stall?
Chromosomal testing before entry into bathrooms or locker rooms?

The person in the locker room didn't even change she hung up her purse and coat. There really isn't any way that the woman complaining about it knew without a doubt the persons sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 11:07 AM

2,259 posts, read 4,752,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
According to news stories the gym has private changing stalls. If people are changing behind a closed door, how is anyone going to see anything?

Planet Fitness kicks out member for complaints against transgender woman
I think every gym has those, unfortunately they rarely get used, especially by those who like to be naked as long as they can

Old 03-09-2015, 11:12 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher5150 View Post
I think every gym has those, unfortunately they rarely get used, especially by those who like to be naked as long as they can
So, people who choose to be naked in shared spaces are complaining about someone seeing them naked even though there are private areas for being naked where no one can see them.

Makes sense.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:24 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,298,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher5150 View Post
Really? Is that womens locker rooms your talking about? I have never been to a gym yet where they had a private changing stall in the mens locker-room. Some have shower stalls with a curtain but it would be pretty hard to change standing on a sopping wet floor.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:49 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
I suggest he/she use the private rooms used for tanning perhaps by informing and not trying to make a issue and conflict. After all purpose should be fitness ;not political social issues he/she is interested in by going there.

Old 03-09-2015, 03:50 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
You are a bigot. That's how reality works, pal. You want to discriminate against a group of people for being who they are, that makes you a bigot.

telling someone to use the proper locker room is not discrimination. Telling someone you're a freak don't come to this gym is discrimination.

Old 03-09-2015, 04:07 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,184,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
telling someone to use the proper locker room is not discrimination. Telling someone you're a freak don't come to this gym is discrimination.
Telling blacks that they had to use blacks-only restrooms wasn't discrimination either. Lots of bigots never thought of themselves as bigots, Moderator cut: personal remarks

Last edited by Marka; 03-16-2015 at 02:57 AM..

Old 03-09-2015, 08:16 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,148,041 times
I was once in a private campground outside Crater Lake, Oregon. I exited a stall in the Ladies Room to find a tall young man standing their smiling at me. It was frightening. He neither looked nor sounded like woman. Shorts, sneakers and T-shirt. No bra or anything. His hair was cut, but not so much as it would make him look overtly feminine to anyone. He entered a stall, and I washed my hands and left. I mean, okay - I might have looked like, "Holy Crap! What are you doing in here?!?!" but I said nothing. Didnt want to escalate anything, just wanted out of the restroom, lol. I thought I was trying to act normal.

Later, the campground owner said the guy was a transexual, but he had left because HE didnt feel comfortable there. Needless to say, there was little about him that made me think "Woman" on sight. I only saw a man.

Maybe they need their own facilities in future construction? I can see some men finding themselves uncomfortable when a lady in a dress walks in to use the urinal as well. *shrugs*

Old 03-09-2015, 09:13 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,480,960 times
One of my friends is a transgender. She ( used to be a he ) looks like a woman with boobs and everything. She has being going through years of transformation and surgeries. Nobody calls her by her birth name anymore. Everybody recognize her as a woman. Even strangers.

Old 03-09-2015, 09:56 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,184,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisistheend91 View Post
That is much different than someone who is still 100% a man with a wig. If I were a woman, I would not take kindly to a swinging pecker in my locker room while I'm undressed. This person just wanted to stir up some attention, and they got it.
This person? The trans woman from the article? Did you not read the article or are you just an a-hole?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisistheend91 View Post
But you can't scientifically, which trumps any PC law.
Go tell the climate change deniers that science trumps law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events