Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2020, 03:40 PM

23,869 posts, read 33,575,259 times

Advertisements

Those articles linked all say the same recycled things except now they're saying she has death events a few times a day. They also say she will pass within a few months on her own.

The one new thing was even her mother isn't holding her according to what was said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Which means even though Tinslee is heavily sedated she is still experiencing pain, probably whimpers in pain every time they have to tend to her. How I would hate to be one of those nurses.....I can't imagine.

The mother's denial reminds me of the Schiavos, who swore their daughter was aware and interacting with them.

Schiavo autopsy shows irreversible damage - US news | NBC News

The parents refused to believe the doctors who explained these movements were nothing more than reflexes with no conscious thought behind them. Her parents saw what they wanted to see.

Even after the autopsy proved Terry was blind and could not have followed the movements of a balloon around the room, her parent's refused to face reality.

Tinslee's mother reminds me of the Shiavos, her denial is so strong it makes her blind to reality.
Don't get me started on Terry Schiavo and her parents. My mother wants to live like her.... I agree with everything you say about Terry. Thanks for the link, I had not read that. My dad was very sick when it came out then fighting terminal leukemia the end of June and thru July at the time and my mother and I were arguing over Terry's case. I can't believe anyone would want to live that way

The difference is Terry was brain dead.

I suffer chronic pain but when I'm sleeping I'm ok except for times the pain wakes me up. I'm on sleeping pills, without them I can't sleep at all.

I don't know what to say about Tinslee. None if us know anything about her during the day. I also don't trust doctors saying she should be taken off. Money could be driving it because I'll be shocked if her mother isn't on welfare insurance.

It's not my place to decide. I disagree with this Texas law too in cases like these where the child's brain is working. If she was brain dead I'd be looking to pull the plug!

Last edited by Roselvr; 01-03-2020 at 03:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2020, 03:41 PM

10,363 posts, read 7,993,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
treats children with cancer, blood disorders and related life-threatening diseases.
"Blood disorders" is referring to conditions like thalassemia and sickle-cell disease. Cardiac malformations have nothing to do with blood disorders. St. Jude's doesn't specialize in pediatric cardiology. So no, St. Jude's isn't an option for this kid.

Not all pediatric hospitals are the same.

Old 01-03-2020, 03:48 PM

23,869 posts, read 33,575,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
"Blood disorders" is referring to conditions like thalassemia and sickle-cell disease. Cardiac malformations have nothing to do with blood disorders. St. Jude's doesn't specialize in pediatric cardiology. So no, St. Jude's isn't an option for this kid.

Not all pediatric hospitals are the same.
I agree with you that a blood disorder is not a heart defect. I should have written more when I posted but my adult daughter had passed out, I only had time to paste that in and submit

Old 01-03-2020, 03:59 PM

15,534 posts, read 10,507,413 times
So thankful I don't have to make that decision.

Old 01-03-2020, 04:14 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,006,311 times
What are death events? Is her heart stopping?

While I think it's time to let the baby go, I don't agree with the blanket 10 day rule. I had a family member on life support last year and the doctors were so quick to try to pull the plug on her after 10 days (Texas). I'm a pretty reasonable person and I was shocked at how callous they were about the situation.

I can't judge the mom for not wanting to let go. I can't imagine being in her shoes.

Old 01-03-2020, 04:58 PM

4,993 posts, read 5,294,120 times
Isn't 10 days considered 'generous' in some of these cases? Someone I know had two loved ones pass this last year (Michigan and Texas). She said in both cases after the initial emergency, the family member was brought into the hospital and five days later, the hospital was talking about removing machines and in both of these cases donating organs.

I think it goes beyond the chronic pain in that this little girl has to be kept sedated and on constant pain medication.

Old 01-03-2020, 05:03 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,052,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Those articles linked all say the same recycled things except now they're saying she has death events a few times a day. They also say she will pass within a few months on her own.

The one new thing was even her mother isn't holding her according to what was said

Don't get me started on Terry Schiavo and her parents. My mother wants to live like her.... I agree with everything you say about Terry. Thanks for the link, I had not read that. My dad was very sick when it came out then fighting terminal leukemia the end of June and thru July at the time and my mother and I were arguing over Terry's case. I can't believe anyone would want to live that way

The difference is Terry was brain dead.

I suffer chronic pain but when I'm sleeping I'm ok except for times the pain wakes me up. I'm on sleeping pills, without them I can't sleep at all.

I don't know what to say about Tinslee. None if us know anything about her during the day. I also don't trust doctors saying she should be taken off. Money could be driving it because I'll be shocked if her mother isn't on welfare insurance.

It's not my place to decide. I disagree with this Texas law too in cases like these where the child's brain is working. If she was brain dead I'd be looking to pull the plug!
I know that and I thought my post made it pretty clear......I wasn't comparing the condition of the patients, I was talking about parents/family going into a total state of denial.

Old 01-03-2020, 06:13 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,636 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
I know that and I thought my post made it pretty clear......I wasn't comparing the condition of the patients, I was talking about parents/family going into a total state of denial.
I see them as completely different situations.

In the one case, Terry was brain dead and kept artificially alive (I guess, that was what was stated by medical personnel, although she could eat jello). This is a baby who has cognitive ability and is kept artificially sedated because if allowed to be conscious, she'd do what toddlers do, which is rip out their tubes.

I wonder how this will take place, when they remove life support from her. I suspect people's attitudes about this might change if she were allowed to be fully conscious - to get a look at her mental condition.

Old 01-03-2020, 06:34 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,052,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I see them as completely different situations.

In the one case, Terry was brain dead and kept artificially alive (I guess, that was what was stated by medical personnel, although she could eat jello). This is a baby who has cognitive ability and is kept artificially sedated because if allowed to be conscious, she'd do what toddlers do, which is rip out their tubes.

I wonder how this will take place, when they remove life support from her. I suspect people's attitudes about this might change if she were allowed to be fully conscious - to get a look at her mental condition.
The DENIAL is not different.

In both cases the parents refuse to accept what the doctors are telling them.

Old 01-03-2020, 06:40 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,636 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
The DENIAL is not different.

In both cases the parents refuse to accept what the doctors are telling them.
I've never seen a case before, where fully cognitive children were removed from life support against the parent's strong wishes, because the child "didn't have quality of life" or "their condition wouldn't improve".

I've just never seen that before. And I've seen a lot of kids who need round the clock nursing care and anyone who thought to deny that care would be charged with murder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events