Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2019, 08:06 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,982,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
This answers a few more questions. Nurses are given the option not to work with Tinslee because the hospital now believes they are inflicting pan. https://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...238293768.html
I hit a paywall when I try to open that.

Can you post a little of it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2019, 10:54 AM

23,869 posts, read 33,575,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I hit a paywall when I try to open that.

Can you post a little of it?
I hit a paywall too the 1st time but it opened for me the 2nd time. So weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
This answers a few more questions. Nurses are given the option not to work with Tinslee because the hospital now believes they are inflicting pan. https://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...238293768.html
Tinslee's mother is pregnant again yet we have not heard any word of what Tinslee's father thinks... Is he in the picture? Is he the father of her unborn baby?

Parts of the article. It's very long

Quote:
Tinslee’s family believes she needs more time to get better, and they think she will. Their lawyer said Boston Children’s Hospital is re-considering its initial decision to not take over Tinslee’s care — he said Tinslee still might be able to transfer to that hospital.

She described her “sassy” personality and said she likes having her nails painted and her hair washed, but squirms away when someone tries to do her hair. Her favorite movie is “Trolls,” Lewis said; the 10-month-old cries when the movie ends.

“I want to be able to make the decision for her,” Lewis said while on the stand.

Lewis is also pregnant with her second child — the baby is due in February.

Lane also said Cook’s Children’s ICU has set up special systems because of Tinslee’s treatment. Nurses are given advance notice if they are scheduled to work with Tinslee, and they are given the option to choose not to do so because “there are many nurses that are not comfortable inflicting that kind of pain on her.”

During cross-examination, Duncan said Boston Children’s Hospital requested for Cook Children’s to perform additional tests on Tinslee after they originally declined to take over her care.

Nixon also asked Duncan, “Who gets to decide the fate of Tinslee? You or her mother?”

“I believe in situations like this, there is a partnership,” Duncan replied. “I believe that as Tinslee’s physician, my goal is to alleviate her pain and suffering, and when that can’t be reached, that’s when we involve someone else.”

Nixon pressed on.

“In this situation, who gets to make the decision whether Tinslee lives or dies, you or her mother?” he asked.

“Well, in this situation, the ethics committee decides,” Duncan said.

However, Duncan said in his testimony it is not safe for Tinslee to receive care from a home-care nurse because her condition and care are so complicated.

Judge Marion said she will make a decision in the case on or before Jan. 2.

Cook Children’s agreed that once the judge makes a decision, the hospital will give the family an additional seven days to potentially find another hospital to transfer Tinslee to.

Old 12-13-2019, 11:26 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

Thanks Roselvr. ;D Sara sent it to me in a PM.

This is such a huge topic.

Old 12-13-2019, 11:56 AM

7,135 posts, read 4,546,769 times
Such a sad situation. I would let my child go peacefully.

Old 12-13-2019, 12:05 PM

I'm curious what this child is like when not sedated. Is she alert and functioning cognitively normally?

Old 12-13-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm curious what this child is like when not sedated. Is she alert and functioning cognitively normally?
We're not really told much. According to the article in my last reply; her mother says she has a "sassy" personality, she likes having her nails painted and when she gets her hair washed and that she even has favorite nurses. She squirms when someone tries to do her hair. It said Trolls is her favorite movie and that Tinslee cries when the movie ends.

Old 12-13-2019, 01:50 PM

22,343 posts, read 29,445,455 times
So the mother is prego with her second child but wants her first child to vegitate in a hospital bed for its entire life???? When is she going to have time to visit her 1st child caring for a second newborn??? Why bring another child in this world with this whole situation going on???? This makes no sense and something tells me there's a lot more to this story we do not know about

Old 12-14-2019, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
So the mother is prego with her second child but wants her first child to vegitate in a hospital bed for its entire life???? When is she going to have time to visit her 1st child caring for a second newborn??? Why bring another child in this world with this whole situation going on???? This makes no sense and something tells me there's a lot more to this story we do not know about
Caring for Tinslee at home is also an option from what I've read. Adding a newborn to the mix surely complicates things. If Tinslee gets transferred to Boston, will mom be able to relocate there?

I agree that there's more that we do not know. I'm very curious why Tinslee's father has not spoken up

Old 12-16-2019, 05:38 PM

7,135 posts, read 4,546,769 times
I thought I read that it’s not possible to care for her at home.

Old 12-30-2019, 07:17 AM

Time is ticking. Nothing new when searching google for Tinslee Lewis. They had until January 2nd. I was hoping to see they were moving her
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events