Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2019, 04:45 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
So I found this slightly different video. I would guess she never appears more alert/interactive than this? Never a smile or an intentional interaction? I see what the medical staff is seeing - she looks like life is very painful for her.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=41...inslee%20Lewis
I'd like to see more video. That one looks like she's waking from sedation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2019, 07:27 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I'd like to see more video. That one looks like she's waking from sedation.
Considering it appears to be recently taken, and provided by the family and the right to life website that is trying to make the case that her care should be continued - I'm inclined to believe this is the best there is.

Surely, if she had moments where she smiled and giggled, and made eye contact, someone would take a video of that.

Old 12-06-2019, 08:21 AM

4,992 posts, read 5,290,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Considering it appears to be recently taken, and provided by the family and the right to life website that is trying to make the case that her care should be continued - I'm inclined to believe this is the best there is.

Surely, if she had moments where she smiled and giggled, and made eye contact, someone would take a video of that.
Is the child in actual pain? Or is she kept sedated because she pulls at her tubes. That may be the purpose of the teddy bear next to her... to be a barrier between her hands and her face. I never had to deal with this. I was wondering if they could use a partial body or arm cast or something to keep her hands away from her face and allow her to be awake???

A new judge has been granted in the case. https://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...238068559.html

Old 12-06-2019, 08:27 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
Is the child in actual pain? Or is she kept sedated because she pulls at her tubes. That may be the purpose of the teddy bear next to her... to be a barrier between her hands and her face. I never had to deal with this. I was wondering if they could use a partial body or arm cast or something to keep her hands away from her face and allow her to be awake???

A new judge has been granted in the case. https://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...238068559.html
The earlier articles stated the medical staff believed she was in constant pain, from what I recall.

Old 12-06-2019, 08:33 AM

3,493 posts, read 7,934,927 times
I wonder why she is still connected to the ventilator through a nasotracheal tube (from her nose to her trachea) rather than have a tracheostomy? Though tracheostomies look weird and uncomfortable, they are pretty well tolerated even by kids and are definitely a better long-term solution than what she has right now. I have cared for many babies/kids who were managed at home with a trach and a ventilator and though that is a very personal decision for a family as it is a huge commitment, it can be done quite successfully.

This child looks more alert than many of the babies I have seen in pediatric ICUs where stopping their ventilator was never even a discussion. I just don't understand how it is possible to end the life of a baby against her parent's wishes when she is not brain dead.

The issue of what I would choose for myself or my child (or what you might choose) isn't the primary issue here. The concern for me is that this family is not being given a choice. The hospital administration is making the decision for her. I have been in pediatric healthcare for many years and this is a significant move down a scarily slippery slope.

Old 12-06-2019, 08:47 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
The hospital says she's in pain but how can we be sure?

Her left arm has something on it so she's not able to move it like the right. The stuffed animal most likely deters her right arm movement to pull the tubes.

Quote:
Cook Children's hospital didn't think they'd get a fair trial with this judge. This will end up giving Tinsley more time.

Here's an article without a pay wall.

Judge Grants Cook Children's Request for New Judge in Baby Tinslee Case

Quote:
“We just want to have a judge that’s going to be fair and impartial and who’s going to think about Tinslee… have her at the forefront of their mind when they’re thinking about what’s best for her and how they balance that with the law,†said Cook Children’s Assistant Vice President of Public Relations Wini King.

The hospital and family were set to meet again on December 10 for an injunction hearing. That date now remains up in the air as they wait for a new judge to be assigned to the case.

Old 12-11-2019, 02:47 PM

Hearing will be held tomorrow in Fort Worth, with a new judge, to determine Tinslee's fate.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/health/n...-baby/2271293/

The article notes that she is under deep sedation, something that has been asked in this forum.

Old 12-12-2019, 11:30 AM

Some testimony from the hearing today.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/12/12/...-life-support/

Old 12-13-2019, 07:13 AM

Judge will rule on Jan. 2 whether it's constitutional to remove her from life support.

Old 12-13-2019, 07:50 AM

4,992 posts, read 5,290,988 times
This answers a few more questions. Nurses are given the option not to work with Tinslee because the hospital now believes they are inflicting pan. https://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...238293768.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events