Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 12:55 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
The collapse of financial markets is impossible? You are pretty trusting of the money gods.
Reading comprehension fail. I said your predictions that you rant about over and over again...well, because you say so. It's a false dichotomy that the only options are either your predictions of collapse, or some belief in a vast conspiracy of market gods. It kind of just ignores reality, and grade school logic.

Quote:
Correction:
I may rant from time to time...
If 26 pages of rants are time to time, I would hate to see what you consider ranting a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 03:51 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Reading comprehension fail. I said your predictions that you rant about over and over again...well, because you say so. It's a false dichotomy that the only options are either your predictions of collapse, or some belief in a vast conspiracy of market gods. It kind of just ignores reality, and grade school logic.

If 26 pages of rants are time to time, I would hate to see what you consider ranting a lot.
Many of the Threads i start have an adjoining link of someone else's viewpoint (including this one). They are not my predictions, like some sort of psychic.

I think hyperbole and exaggeration may be your strong suit. We all have hills to climb and opinions to clarify.

Also, you must not know many of the wealthy in the world. There are actual groups of people that plan on dominating power and money. From the PTA in your neighborhood... all the way up to Goldman Sachs. Just because you use the word conspiracy, doesn't mean there isn't calculated corruption..... wake up human. Your on Planet Earth. Where Gold rules and he who has the most makes the rules.... talk about grade school logic... your not even out of the fooking womb....

All twenty six pages are rants? hmmm.

note: city data has provided an ignore function, if you don't like rants, please put me on ignore.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:01 PM

707 posts, read 1,293,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
I don't think so. More a muddling through. You've fallen into the "hysteria" trap where you equate stagnation with collapse. I think things will continue on as they are until the next great boom cycle. Right now is quite similar to how things were in the mid-70s. That was not followed by collapse.
There is too much debt in the entire global system to achieve growth necessary to grow out of this. We need a reset, repudiation of debt, defaults and then we can return to growth. The great ponzi of fiat currency will implode, it has to.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:46 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
I think Greece is going to implode and that will start a domino effect.
Over 200 billion Euros have left Greece and are now in Swiss bank accounts.
Runs have started on the banks since they announced a possible 60% loss on investments to try to help reduce Greece's debt.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:51 PM

740 posts, read 1,973,814 times
To the fools replying to this thread saying that everything is pretty much peachy, and the good ol US will recover...are you for real?

We are 14 trillion in debt, and only sinking deeper by the day. We love to invade country after country, trying to force our warped democratic viewpoint upon others. Corruption runs our country and it is only a matter of time before the house of cards collapses.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:52 PM

740 posts, read 1,973,814 times
The only things that the US exports is war and misery.

Old 10-27-2011, 03:57 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyP View Post
There is too much debt in the entire global system to achieve growth necessary to grow out of this. We need a reset, repudiation of debt, defaults and then we can return to growth. The great ponzi of fiat currency will implode, it has to.
consider the statistics:
Sadly, the public market is expanding, while the private market is shrinking. Consider the state of our GDP, which is a rough measure of the size of the American economy. At the beginning of the 20th century, “the federal government collected three percent of GDP in taxes. A century later, it collects between 18 and 20 percent of GDP.

In 1903 federal spending amounted to 7% of GDP; in 2010, 70%, and by 2016 the Gross Public Debt of the United States is projected to be over 100% of GDP.

Even more shocking, the first issue of The Federal Register (The Code of Federal Regulations) was published in 1936 and contained 16 pages. In 2010 the number of pages in The Federal Register was 82,589! Keep in mind that these figures pertain ONLY to the federal government. State and local taxing, spending, borrowing and regulating is another animal entirely.

Why should we care that the private market in the United States is being replaced by the public market?

Because economic theory proves that both parties are always satisfied by a voluntary trade.

we need to expand the private sector to have any kind of permanent solution. i do think that extend and pretend can last quite a bit longer when most of the participants are amenable. (although not indefinitely, of course). marc faber has an interesting interview if anyone wants to watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS6NzyI1_Zs

Last edited by floridasandy; 10-27-2011 at 04:07 PM..

Old 10-27-2011, 06:00 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyP View Post
It is the clear solution. One problem.. some like to dominate others.

If few control all the water, there will be suffering.

It works in Agriculture. It works in banking. It always ends in bloodshed.

Guess the water masters like blood.

Old 10-28-2011, 02:06 PM

2,514 posts, read 1,987,005 times
Quote:
The collapse of financial markets is impossible? You are pretty trusting of the money gods.

Correction:
I may rant from time to time...
We are headed for a total collapse. If you want to prevent it you need to look outside of the box. The fraud needs to be made whole.

Old 10-29-2011, 11:08 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,288,689 times
Depressions and recessions look very similar in their early stages.
The main difference between recessions and depressions is that depressions come in two waves.
The first wave make the problems apparent. But not necessarily the solutions
Then comes the process of tying to deal with those problems. So long as people have confidence that the solutions have some hope, the economy improves, temporarily.
If dealt with successfully, there will be no second wave and the economy will recover.
If dealt with unsuccessfully, there is a second wave, which confirms the lack of confidence in the solutions attempted.
It is not hard to anticipate what is coming when you look at the success of what we have done.
We have attempted many things to repair the economy, none of which addresses the underlying causes.
We tried tax rebates, which were supposed to avert a recession, they were unsuccessful.
We tried Bail outs when the recession began, they were unsuccessful.
We tried QE1. It was unsuccessful.
We tried economic stimulus in several forms from unemployment benefits, to jobs bills. They were unsuccessful.
We tried QE2, and extending the tax cuts, it was unsuccessful.
We are now trying more FED easing and additional jobs bills. None of these things were successful because none of them address the underlying cause of economic decline which is loss of industries and the jobs that went with them.
Unemployment and economic deterioration continue to grow.
Depressions come as admission that all attempts to end economic decline did not work.
That is the point we are approaching.
It is also prudent to note that the second wave of a depression is usually worse than the first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics