Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2016, 09:59 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Do any polls show how childish name calling doesn't help anyone's cause and makes you look uniformed and desperate?
That's funny, you don't seem to mind TRUMP'S "childish name calling".
Shall we review the number of different "childish names" he's called people?
So, I guess by your own admission, Trump is "uninformed and desperate" (YOUR words) eh?
Yeah, I think that sounds about right.
Oh the irony of your post.

Ken

Old 09-05-2016, 10:00 AM

25,552 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
If today's CBS News/YouGov polls are accurate, **********s can forget trying to celebrate. HRC has a 8% lead in Pennsylvania and a 4% lead in North Carolina. There is no magical way Trump can get to 270 without those two states. Show us different if you can figure a way out.
If the polls were accurate, then you may be right. Might be right, anyway, but the polls aren't very accurate.
CBS/YouGov.....40/39/4 - Clinton/Trump/Johnson
Quinnipiac........41/33/16 - Clinton/Trump/Johnson

If you read the poll (boring, I know) you see the problem. The problem is, Johnson was not offered until after the respondent said "neither". And that's not representative of what the voter will see on the ballot.
https://today.yougov.com/news/2016/0...arolina-wisco/

I agree that the way to 270 for Trump is not clear; most people don't see how he can do it.
Clearly, Hillary will win unless somehow Johnson prevents her from getting to 270 in November. And that's going to be hard.

FTR: I am a Johnson supporter, a Clinton detractor, and aghast at the possibility of a Trump presidency.

Old 09-05-2016, 10:21 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
If the polls were accurate, then you may be right. Might be right, anyway, but the polls aren't very accurate.
CBS/YouGov.....40/39/4 - Clinton/Trump/Johnson
Quinnipiac........41/33/16 - Clinton/Trump/Johnson

If you read the poll (boring, I know) you see the problem. The problem is, Johnson was not offered until after the respondent said "neither". And that's not representative of what the voter will see on the ballot.
https://today.yougov.com/news/2016/0...arolina-wisco/

I agree that the way to 270 for Trump is not clear; most people don't see how he can do it.
Clearly, Hillary will win unless somehow Johnson prevents her from getting to 270 in November. And that's going to be hard.

FTR: I am a Johnson supporter, a Clinton detractor, and aghast at the possibility of a Trump presidency.
If you read your link (boring, I know) it is now over two months old. I was referring to the poll released today. Totally different story:

https://today.yougov.com/news/2016/0...north-carolin/

Old 09-05-2016, 10:24 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
That's funny, you don't seem to mind TRUMP'S "childish name calling".
Shall we review the number of different "childish names" he's called people?
So, I guess by your own admission, Trump is "uninformed and desperate" (YOUR words) eh?
Yeah, I think that sounds about right.
Oh the irony of your post.

Ken
Did I ever say I don't mind Trump's childish name calling? I don't think so. Regardless I think he's still a better choice than Clinton. That's my choice and my right, you don't need to agree with it.
This forum is suppose to be about polls. Not calling eachother names because we don't agree.

Old 09-05-2016, 10:26 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Pot, meet kettle.

You still have not addressed the issue of how Trump can get to 270 without those two States.
For the record, I never called you any name. I said that you included everyone but Martians in your theory that no one is voting for Trump because the polls don't back you up on that whatsoever.

Old 09-05-2016, 11:12 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
The latest national poll both with and without Johnson has Clinton up 2. That would be Morning Consult. They are both down 1 percentage point from August 26 and Johnson and Stein are up 1 percentage point BUT you know what's really stupid. No, really.

On Sept 2, 13 percent of people say they don't know who they are voting for. I say that's bullsh**!
Not poll bullsh** but people responding bullsh**.

"The poll was conducted Sept. 1-2 among a national sample of 2,001 registered voters, with a margin of error of plus or minus 2 percentage points."

So, registered voters not likely voters.

https://morningconsult.com/2016/09/0...-isnt-hurting/

Old 09-05-2016, 11:14 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Did I ever say I don't mind Trump's childish name calling? I don't think so. Regardless I think he's still a better choice than Clinton. That's my choice and my right, you don't need to agree with it.
This forum is suppose to be about polls. Not calling eachother names because we don't agree.
Don't you think we should expect AT LEAST as much civility, decency and (quite frankly) just basic maturity of our PRESIDENT as you expect from mere posters on this board?
Apparently not.

How's it going to work our when Trump calls OTHER FOREIGN LEADERS such names? Think that's a good idea?

Ken

Old 09-05-2016, 12:14 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,526,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Around labor day 2000, Bush was polling in some polls in the high 30's and low 40's. We all know the end of that story.

WH2000 Trend
Yes, Gore won the popular vote and we will never know who won the electoral vote because SCOTUS shut down the Florida recount.

Old 09-05-2016, 12:19 PM

18,453 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Don't you think we should expect AT LEAST as much civility, decency and (quite frankly) just basic maturity of our PRESIDENT as you expect from mere posters on this board?
Apparently not.

How's it going to work our when Trump calls OTHER FOREIGN LEADERS such names? Think that's a good idea?

Ken
I think there are a lot Trump supporters cringe when Trump resorts to name calling, and wish it were not part of his campaign. Thankfully, it seems to have stopped in recent weeks. At the same time, when I consider the positives and negatives, it is still better than Hillary and her policies, corruption, and criminality.

That's said, when I see people here resorting to name calling of other posters, it says a lot more about the name caller than it does the target. Usually, the minute I see the name calling, I stop reading the post because the poster obviously has nothing intelligent to say, and is clearly not worthy of my attention. It is not like there is something more important at stake here on this board, as there is in the election.

Old 09-05-2016, 12:25 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I think there are a lot Trump supporters cringe when Trump resorts to name calling, and wish it were not part of his campaign. Thankfully, it seems to have stopped in recent weeks. At the same time, when I consider the positives and negatives, it is still better than Hillary and her policies, corruption, and criminality.

That's said, when I see people here resorting to name calling of other posters, it says a lot more about the name caller than it does the target. Usually, the minute I see the name calling, I stop reading the post because the poster is clearly not worthy of my attention. It is not like there is something more important at stake here on this board, as there is in the election.
Does what Trump post on twitter not count??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections