Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2016, 09:34 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,169,235 times

Advertisements

Arizona: Clinton Takes One Point Lead

AZ poll: Trump, Clinton in dead heat with many undecided | Cronkite News

The state polls are taking odd turns nearly everywhere -- states that were comfortably red or blue are becoming tossups.

Old 09-07-2016, 10:17 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
State polls will likely follow national polling
States don't always follow national polling. Maybe some swing states are similar to national polls. But states like NY, CA, WV, TN, IL...they don't follow the national trend because they are either heavy red or blue states. The electoral college is much different than national polling.

Old 09-07-2016, 10:20 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
States don't always follow national polling. Maybe some swing states are similar to national polls. But states like NY, CA, WV, TN, IL...they don't follow the national trend because they are either heavy red or blue states. The electoral college is much different than national polling.
It is likely that the electoral college result will be the same as the popular vote with respect to winner/loser. But Clinton is projected to win by nearly 2 to 1 in the electoral college. Polling suggests that the popular will not be that lopsided.

Old 09-07-2016, 10:39 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Why not vote for Jill Stein instead? Mississippi is a good example of what happens when right wing extremists and puppets of the billionaire class get to rule. What do you have to lose by voting Jill Stein who is fighting for the 99%? Or are you part of the donor class?
Because Stein is a certified loony tune. She disses vaccinations for one. Johnson to many libertarians is not a true libertarian. If those two minor parities had reasonable candidate such as Bob Barr, I think they would have a legitimate impact on the race.

A Ross Perot would likely be the first independent president in 2016.

Old 09-07-2016, 11:03 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,963,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Stein is simply not my choice.

I looked at Johnson's position on the issues and was (am) convinced that his approach to governing American is best for America.

If people make more money than me, then good for them. That has nothing to do with my level of happiness or pride in the country. I find this whole nonsense of someone "fighting for the 99%" kind of irritating.
Massive inequality does affect you because wealth=political power. You have to choose, either democracy or massive income and wealth inequality.

Old 09-07-2016, 11:06 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,963,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Because Stein is a certified loony tune. She disses vaccinations for one.
No she isnt. She supports vaccinations. She graduated from Harvard Medical School and has been a doctor for decades.

Old 09-07-2016, 11:11 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,295,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It is likely that the electoral college result will be the same as the popular vote with respect to winner/loser. But Clinton is projected to win by nearly 2 to 1 in the electoral college. Polling suggests that the popular will not be that lopsided.
I think Trump followers get a little too focused on the average margin in the national horse race. In the last three elections, the margin in the state that gave the winning party the White House (the tipping point state) has been more Democratic than the national average. In 2004, Bush won nationally by 2.5% but won the election by winning Ohio by 2.1%; in 2008 Obama won nationally by 7.72% but won Colorado by 8.95% and with it the election; in 2012 Obama won nationally by 3.86% but won by taking Colorado by 5.36%.

So in the states that decided the elections, the Electoral College, as compared by the national popular vote, favored the Democrat by 0.4% on 2004, 1.23% in 2008 and 1.5% in 2012; the pro-Democratic lean has been increasing in 3 straight elections, meaning that unless the relationship between the national popular vote and the Electoral College radically changes in 2016, Donald Trump probably needs to win the national popular vote by close to 2% or more to feel reasonably confident in prevailing in the Electoral College and winning the Presidency.

Last edited by Bureaucat; 09-07-2016 at 11:25 AM..

Old 09-07-2016, 11:11 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,972,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Arizona: Clinton Takes One Point Lead

AZ poll: Trump, Clinton in dead heat with many undecided | Cronkite News

The state polls are taking odd turns nearly everywhere -- states that were comfortably red or blue are becoming tossups.
At this rate Trump is gonna end up losing Arizona. I would be worried if I were him. He should be doing better there.

Maybe attacking both Arizona senators was not the smartest strategy.

Old 09-07-2016, 11:43 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
No she isnt. She supports vaccinations. She graduated from Harvard Medical School and has been a doctor for decades.
I'm well aware that she is a doctor, which makes her stances so much more egregious as opposed to that fruit cake Jenny McCarthy.

Supporting homeopathy as a doctor? That should be criminal! Her vacillation on vaccines is as bad as Trump's perpetual flip flops.

Jill Stein Promotes Homeopathy, Panders On Vaccines

Jill Stein’s anti-vax game: How and why the Green Party candidate is pandering to the anti-vaccination crowd - Salon.com

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...eal-questions/

Old 09-07-2016, 12:20 PM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Average of polls by Polltracker now has

National - Clinton up by 1.8%
Arizona - Trump up by .7%
Florida - Clinton up by 1.7%

Overall Clinton still losing a little ground everyday except Arizona has become tighter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections