Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2016, 06:59 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,936,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsuleneo View Post
Emerson polled landline telephone users only. Landline phone users are becoming a lower and lower percentage of the national electorate, especially the national Democratic electorate, each and every month, as more and more people switch to using mobile phones only for phone service.
They are pretty highly rated by 538 and RCP. Not willing to throw out their data until those dealing in polling do.

Old 09-08-2016, 07:25 AM

210 posts, read 275,489 times
Republican-leaning pollsters has released a new poll, and it shows Clinton beating Trump.

Clinton 43%
Trump 39%
White House Watch - Rasmussen Reports™

Old 09-08-2016, 07:41 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsuleneo View Post
Republican-leaning pollsters has released a new poll, and it shows Clinton beating Trump.

Clinton 43%
Trump 39%
White House Watch - Rasmussen Reports™
+/-3% margin of error, nothing to celebrate about. They also did a poll that says voters trust Trump more on "security" and that will be BIG in this election.

Old 09-08-2016, 07:53 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
+/-3% margin of error, nothing to celebrate about. They also did a poll that says voters trust Trump more on "security" and that will be BIG in this election.
How can anyone trust someone like him who has no idea what the eff he's doing or talking about? Trust him? How? He couldn't even answer a BASIC question of what his plan would be for ISIS. He simply tiptoed around it saying he's got one & that's all we need to know. Oh yeah, & the great "I'm not saying what my plan is, I don't want the enemy to know". What a freakin' joke. I can see his campaign people: looking around at each other with blank looks......well, we don't have a plan.....I know, we'll try to cover up our ineptness by saying we have a plan but no way would we ever broadcast it at a debate because we don't want our enemies to know!!!, while at the same time screaming for Clinton to tell the people what her security plan is. And Trump supporters bought it! Hahahahahaha!!!!! My god, Trump people are the dumbest people on the planet. Literally. The. Dumbest.

Old 09-08-2016, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
How can anyone trust someone like him who has no idea what the eff he's doing or talking about? Trust him? How? He couldn't even answer a BASIC question of what his plan would be for ISIS. He simply tiptoed around it saying he's got one & that's all we need to know. Oh yeah, & the great "I'm not saying what my plan is, I don't want the enemy to know". What a freakin' joke. I can see his campaign people: looking around at each other with blank looks......well, we don't have a plan.....I know, we'll try to cover up our ineptness by saying we have a plan but no way would we ever broadcast it at a debate because we don't want our enemies to know!!!, while at the same time screaming for Clinton to tell the people what her security plan is. And Trump supporters bought it! Hahahahahaha!!!!! My god, Trump people are the dumbest people on the planet. Literally. The. Dumbest.
How can they trust Trump? Easy - make Hillary their only other option. Hillary supporters are "Literally. The. Dumbest." for making HER their candidate for POTUS. Jeez, if you fear Trump so much, why nominate the one candidate which gives him his best chance of winning?

Old 09-08-2016, 08:20 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
How can they trust Trump? Easy - make Hillary their only other option. Hillary supporters are "Literally. The. Dumbest." for making HER their candidate for POTUS. Jeez, if you fear Trump so much, why nominate the one candidate which gives him his best chance of winning?
OK, so lets go with your assumption the Democrats were dumb to make Hillary their choice - after all she did at the time have the 2nd lowest approval rating of any major candidate in history. So, what did the GOP do? Why they went ahead and nominated someone with an EVEN LOWER approval rating than Hillary had. So, if the Democrats were DUMB to nominate someone with the 2nd lowest approval rating in U.S. political presidential race history, it seems to me that the GOP folks were EVEN DUMBER to nominate someone with AN EVEN LOWER APPROVAL RATING.

So, to paraphrase YOUR last statement - it you fear Hillary so much, why nominate the one candidate which gives her the best chance of winning?

Ken

Old 09-08-2016, 08:35 AM

210 posts, read 275,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Rasmussen is the right-leaning polling company. If their poll shows Clinton +4, she is actually +6.

Old 09-08-2016, 08:40 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
The only polls which matter right now are state polls, and Clinton is leading all swing states right now except Iowa. Unless you also consider Georgia a swing state.

Old 09-08-2016, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
OK, so lets go with your assumption the Democrats were dumb to make Hillary their choice - after all she did at the time have the 2nd lowest approval rating of any major candidate in history. So, what did the GOP do? Why they went ahead and nominated someone with an EVEN LOWER approval rating than Hillary had. So, if the Democrats were DUMB to nominate someone with the 2nd lowest approval rating in U.S. political presidential race history, it seems to me that the GOP folks were EVEN DUMBER to nominate someone with AN EVEN LOWER APPROVAL RATING.

So, to paraphrase YOUR last statement - it you fear Hillary so much, why nominate the one candidate which gives her the best chance of winning?

Ken
But the initial claim was that Trump supporters are "Literally. The. Dumbest" - if that's so, what does Hillary's struggle tell us? Hillary supporters are just as dumb as the dumbest? What kind of statement is that?

In a year where a lot of people wanted an anti-politician - Hillary is probably the best establishment competition those folks could've hoped for. The "outsider" may not have much of a chance against a candidate with less baggage.

Old 09-08-2016, 08:48 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellymdnv View Post
No by rotating the the Clinton and Trump options you lessen the chance that the order is influencing the respondent's answer. I do find the results of the follow up question interesting. It seems that more people who say they are voting for Clinton are doing so because they support her whereas more Trump voters are voting for him because they don't like Clinton. That would indicate that those voters could be easier to sway either to Clinton or a third party.
Yeah, I should have made it clear that I am a Johnson supporter. Having him added on like a red headed stepchild (my apologies to all step children, no matter the color of their hair) seems to me would result in a lower poll number.
I think all names should have been submitted in a random order.

Clinton and Trump are both badly wounded, and if they win they will have a hard time getting anything meaningful done. But maybe even that is a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections