Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2016, 12:35 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,963,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I'm well aware that she is a doctor, which makes her stances so much more egregious as opposed to that fruit cake Jenny McCarthy.

Supporting homeopathy as a doctor? That should be criminal! Her vacillation on vaccines is as bad as Trump's perpetual flip flops.

Jill Stein Promotes Homeopathy, Panders On Vaccines

Jill Stein’s anti-vax game: How and why the Green Party candidate is pandering to the anti-vaccination crowd - Salon.com

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...eal-questions/
Drop the propaganda. She supports vaccines and doesnt support homeopathy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnKQJVhIRlk

She also supports banning for-profit prisons and debtor's prisons and joining the rest of the civilized world and banning the death penalty. Additionally, she supports ending the perpetual warmongering in the Middle East, a national health care program and public funding of elections to reduce the influence of big money special interests in our political system.

Old 09-07-2016, 02:19 PM

4,120 posts, read 6,611,192 times
Quote:
I'm well aware that she is a doctor, which makes her stances so much more egregious as opposed to that fruit cake Jenny McCarthy.

Supporting homeopathy as a doctor? That should be criminal! Her vacillation on vaccines is as bad as Trump's perpetual flip flops.

Jill Stein Promotes Homeopathy, Panders On Vaccines

Jill Stein’s anti-vax game: How and why the Green Party candidate is pandering to the anti-vaccination crowd - Salon.com

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...eal-questions/
But Jenni looks better in a bathing suit, so she has that going for her.

Old 09-07-2016, 02:51 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Drop the propaganda. She supports vaccines and doesnt support homeopathy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnKQJVhIRlk

She also supports banning for-profit prisons and debtor's prisons and joining the rest of the civilized world and banning the death penalty. Additionally, she supports ending the perpetual warmongering in the Middle East, a national health care program and public funding of elections to reduce the influence of big money special interests in our political system.
She panders to the alternative/woo medicine crowd, and I have no respect, regardless of her other positions, for anyone who does that. Her purposeful wording is no better than the stuff Trump feeds to the Trumapanzees.

Old 09-07-2016, 05:48 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,595,058 times
Default Trump almost beating Hillary in Rhode Island. Unheard of.

Emerson poll finds Clinton's lead over Trump precariously thin in R.I.

Posted Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:35 PM

PROVIDENCE, R.I. - A newly released poll shows Hillary Clinton leading Donald Trump by only three percentage points in one of the bluest of states: Rhode Island.
Emerson College Polling placed this headline on its findings: "Clinton Could Sweep Northeast but RI, NJ, NH Are Tight."
In Rhode Island, where Governor Gina Raimondo leads the former secretary of state's cheering squad, Clinton led billionaire Trump 44 percent to 41 percent.

Rhode Island has not voted for a Republican presidential candidate since 1984,
an election which saw Ronald Reagan win all states except Minnesota, the home
state of Democratic candidate Walter Mondale.

Old 09-07-2016, 06:22 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,455,798 times
Just had a pollster call while I was enthralled with a sporting event on the HDTV big screen......irritated, I told him he could go **** himself, and he said "so I'll put you down for Trump".

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/fi...onaldTrump.jpg

No but seriously, I told him I wasn't interested in being part of a bipartisan poll with serial calls.

Old 09-07-2016, 06:38 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Trump sounds like amateur hour.

Old 09-07-2016, 06:53 PM

1,202 posts, read 641,691 times
Quote:
Because Stein is a certified loony tune. She disses vaccinations for one. Johnson to many libertarians is not a true libertarian. If those two minor parities had reasonable candidate such as Bob Barr, I think they would have a legitimate impact on the race.

A Ross Perot would likely be the first independent president in 2016.
Vaccines are a personal choice. They should NOT be forced. She is a doctor and knows a hell of a lot more than you do.

Old 09-07-2016, 07:45 PM

3,162 posts, read 2,215,339 times
Rhode Island usually votes similarly to its neighbors Massachusetts and Connecticut, so this is an odd projection given the same polling agency found Clinton ahead 17% and 15% respectively in those states. Also something to keep in mind is that only landlines were in scope for this poll, so the sample of voters may not have been representative of the state's actual electorate. I don't think it would benefit either of the candidates to invest any resources in the state.

Old 09-07-2016, 07:57 PM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
It's not just one polling agency. I saw this early and looked up where RI stood on PollTracker which has the average of recent polls.

As of the average 11 hours ago it's Clinton 44% and Trump 41%. I know it's rather shocking.

Old 09-07-2016, 08:05 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,470,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
It's not just one polling agency. I saw this early and looked up where RI stood on PollTracker which has the average of recent polls.

As of the average 11 hours ago it's Clinton 44% and Trump 41%. I know it's rather shocking.
That is the average because it is the only poll....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections