Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2016, 03:35 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,530,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Found a message board with a post from 9/13/2012 (just about 4 years ago to the day) that quotes 538 giving Obama a 64.3% chance of winning, so apparently Trump is running a bit behind where Romney was at this stage. Considering that Romney lost, that's not looking too good for Trump.
Ken
Also the 2012 DNC had just ended on Sept 6, so Obama was probably at the top of his post convention bounce. Whereas Clinton's is long gone.

Old 09-08-2016, 03:43 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,932,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Also the 2012 DNC had just ended on Sept 6, so Obama was probably at the top of his post convention bounce. Whereas Clinton's is long gone.
According the 538, Obama's odds were ~75% from early September until very early in October. He sank very briefly to around ~62% (Romney 38% chance) and rose until the election.

Old 09-08-2016, 04:17 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
According the 538, Obama's odds were ~75% from early September until very early in October. He sank very briefly to around ~62% (Romney 38% chance) and rose until the election.
You are acting like this is a game of chance. Like selecting the red ball out of a hat. It's not. It's not a random event. For the odds to shift in this game, things have to happen, mistakes must be made, revelations revealed. It's a whole slew of contingent probabilities, most of which defy mathematical quantification and all of which are unknown at this point. We can't predict if those will happen or whom they will benefit. So, all that can be said is right now, things look dark as midnight for Trump.

Old 09-08-2016, 04:52 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
According to the polls, Clinton is clearly ahead nationwide 3%. The swing states are +/-3% for both candidates in the polls.

The debates, the debates, the debates will decide the election in my opinion, unless there is a massive snow or rainstorm across the entire rustbelt and Florida on election day.

Old 09-08-2016, 05:05 PM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsuleneo View Post
You can't keep ignoring electoral map projections.
Consensus Pundit Electoral Map
ElectoralVote
States of the Nation
Have any of the people who run these "projection" places EVER won the lottery?

Old 09-08-2016, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Why not vote for Jill Stein instead? Mississippi is a good example of what happens when right wing extremists and puppets of the billionaire class get to rule. What do you have to lose by voting Jill Stein who is fighting for the 99%? Or are you part of the donor class?
"Why not vote for Jill Stein instead?"

She will probably be in jail.

Old 09-08-2016, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Today, GWU Battleground released a poll. Showed 42/40/11/3 - Clinton/Trump/Johnson/Stein
RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Clinton vs. Johnson vs. Stein

Reading the methodology, you can find that the question was asked in this manner:
"If the election were held today, for whom would you vote;
(Rotate First Two Names Only)
Clinton - Democrat
Trump - Republican
(End Rotation)
Johnson - Libertarian
Stein - GreenIn other words, the listener would hear either - Clinton-Trump-Johnson-Stein
or
Trump-Clinton-Johnson-Stein.

Then the Trump & Clinton voters were asked if their vote was more against the opposing candidate, or in favor of their chosen candidate.
The Answers?:
43% against Clinton
37% against Trump.

Do you think asking questions the way they are influences the answers?
Absolutely!

Old 09-08-2016, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
No she isnt. She supports vaccinations. She graduated from Harvard Medical School and has been a doctor for decades.
So doctors can't be loony?

Old 09-08-2016, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsuleneo View Post
Republican-leaning pollsters has released a new poll, and it shows Clinton beating Trump.

Clinton 43%
Trump 39%
White House Watch - Rasmussen Reports™
I don't know people who post pols do NOT show the Margin Of Error.

"but the race remains a close one, within or just outside our survey’s +/- 3 margin of error for months.

Old 09-08-2016, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
How can anyone trust someone like him who has no idea what the eff he's doing or talking about? Trust him? How? He couldn't even answer a BASIC question of what his plan would be for ISIS. He simply tiptoed around it saying he's got one & that's all we need to know. Oh yeah, & the great "I'm not saying what my plan is, I don't want the enemy to know". What a freakin' joke. I can see his campaign people: looking around at each other with blank looks......well, we don't have a plan.....I know, we'll try to cover up our ineptness by saying we have a plan but no way would we ever broadcast it at a debate because we don't want our enemies to know!!!, while at the same time screaming for Clinton to tell the people what her security plan is. And Trump supporters bought it! Hahahahahaha!!!!! My god, Trump people are the dumbest people on the planet. Literally. The. Dumbest.
"How can anyone trust someone like him who has no idea what the eff he's doing or talking about?"

We understand your biased opinion.

How can ANYONE trust hillary when we KNOW what she had done?

"and Trump supporters bought it! Hahahahahaha!!!!! My god, Trump people are the dumbest people on the planet. Literally. The. Dumbest.'

and hill supporters bought it! Hahahahahaha!!!!! My god, hill people are the dumbest people on the planet. Literally. The. Dumbest.

See how easy that is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections