Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2016, 06:49 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Oh boy, the good new for Trump keeps coming. [snarkasm mode off]

He'll never take Florida now, not after this revelation that he illegally tried to trade with Cuba, AND tried to hide it through a charitable expense. Yikes!

How Donald Trump cheated by trying to trade with Cuba
Trump’s campaign manager accidentally admits Trump broke the law on live TV

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-mana...200#.sd7ur92mz

Old 09-29-2016, 07:09 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,965,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
It might be just enough to tip Florida to Clinton.
Honestly I doubt it. Back in 1992 it would have been a big deal. Now most people don't care except for some cuban exile dinosaurs. Many of those people who were very vocal years ago passed away. The ones that are still out there will probably vote for Trump because they still vote republican no matter what. They think Obama is the spawn of the devil because he is democrat and because he is African American.

Old 09-29-2016, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
No, not the lifting of the embargo. The news that Trump, while courting anti-Castro Cubans in Miami in 1999, was at the same time dealing with Castro and spending $ in Cuba. I'm sure there are other threads on it here and in POC.
Point here is, it will weaken support among what is traditionally a strong GOP FL constituency. In a very close election that could be a factor. From all accounts, it was the biggest and most-talked about story of the day in Miami. It'll be interesting to watch the next round of FL polling.
Trump is already very unpopular around here. I don't think it's gonna change much. Exile dinosaurs will vote for him, some republican hispanics will vote for him but the majority of hispanics in South Florida and Central Florida will vote against Trump. Younger cubans tend to be democrats and there are more hispanics of other nationalities now days. Most non-cuban hispanics tend to vote democrat. Of course there are exceptions but usually at least 65-70% of non-cuban hispanic won't vote for Trump

Old 09-29-2016, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Look for Hillary to be screeching that from every rooftop in Florida over the next few weeks. They're going to ride that horse until it drops dead, and it will be interesting to see the next couple of Sunshine State polls.
I think she can use that but not to get cuban votes but to prove how Trump is a traitor to the rest of the voters. Cuban who believe in the embargo will not change their vote over this. Believe me. I have dealt with those beasts for over 20 years and those old fashion cubans would rather be burned alive than vote for a democrat after what "Kennedy did to them"

Old 09-29-2016, 07:19 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Trump is already very unpopular around here. I don't think it's gonna change much. Exile dinosaurs will vote for him, some republican hispanics will vote for him but the majority of hispanics in South Florida and Central Florida will vote against Trump. Younger cubans tend to be democrats and there are more hispanics of other nationalities now days. Most non-cuban hispanics tend to vote democrat. Of course there are exceptions but usually at least 65-70% of non-cuban hispanic won't vote for Trump
One thing it may do is keep the older Cubans from voting, period. Clinton is the only one that gains by that, but it would hurt Rubio if those older Cubans stayed home.

Old 09-29-2016, 08:07 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...ex_cid=rrpromo

All the silliness and distractions from the trump supporters aside, we are now starting to see the rising numbers in Clinton's poll numbers and the dropping numbers in Trump's poll numbers as a result of the first debate.

Woohoo!

Currently, fivethirtyeight.com predicts Clinton having a 63.7% chance of winning while Trump has 36.2% chance.
What? But, but, but the LA Times Poll . . . .

Old 09-29-2016, 08:14 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,340,016 times
He never should have judged a woman's looks, especially in a beauty contest. That hurt him, and so did Obamas birth certificate. 2 big issues.

Old 09-29-2016, 08:15 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
Trump was a disaster. I don't know anybody who honestly thinks Trump won. His sniffing was driving me crazy and he saying he was smart for not paying taxes torqued me off. Trump is like a spoiled child. He is always right. His fragile ego must be hard for his wife to handle. I hope its worth staying with the creep...

Old 09-29-2016, 08:17 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,934,738 times
No surprise here.

Hillary handily won the debate.

Old 09-29-2016, 08:20 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Just as you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink, you can tell a liberal the truth, but you can’t make him think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections