Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2016, 01:52 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Did you get all riled up when others took the thread off the polls? Secondly, you godless liberals can never get rid of God; your efforts are vain. You're like a man trying to fill a sack with holes in it. Nevertheless, my posts are indeed directed at the polls.
I'm a godless conservative. Quit stereotyping. Now get back in your fundy cave, and let the adults discuss the polls.

Old 10-04-2016, 02:04 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Thursday and Friday may very well call the election. Last week's debate will be completely baked in by that point, and if he's down 5 points or more, he's done. Even god can't pull him back from that. Finally, this nightmare is almost over.
I'm right there with you. This loser donald nightmare must end soon. I saw another PA poll out today that had her up 9. Her lead is only growing. The pressure is mounting for Trump to step up and win this upcoming debate Sunday night. He needs a game changer in the worse way. Gone are those low expectations for loser donald.

Old 10-04-2016, 02:07 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Discussion on Morning Joe today - maybe they've run out of things to talk about - about the possibility that all the polls are wrong, we'll have a Brexit. The latest vote in Columbia against peace (again, contrary to all the polls) triggered this - attributed to poor turnout - similar to Brexit where a lot of young people didn't vote.
Joe doesn't like Trump but I think he doesn't want to be wrong about his prediction either.

Old 10-04-2016, 02:22 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,945,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Knock it off with the gawd critter talk. That stuff has been irrelevant since a bunch of stoned on hash, suspicious bronzed aged goat herders told tall tales around the nightly campfire.
Yeah, and you sophisticated ones came from apes; brilliant I tell ya. Meanwhile, Trump is down in the polls, or even in some, but that's irrelevant though it gives comfort to the blind. Eulogy anyone?

Old 10-04-2016, 02:23 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Joe doesn't like Trump but I think he doesn't want to be wrong about his prediction either.
Joe loves Trump. He spent the past year sucking up to him, it was only when Donnie went completely off the rails that he backed down a bit. Now he has Mika attack Hillary with concern trolling like claiming she was worried for Hillary because Donnie did so well in the debate.

I did see him screaming yesterday about why there were no new polls, conveniently ignoring all the ones that had come out since the debate that favored Hillary. I assume that he will have some excuse why all the additional ones that just came out don't really mean Donnie is losing.

Well, actually I don't need to assume, right after typing that, I went and googled him and found exactly what I had predicted - his claim "Don't be fooled by all the polls that have him falling even further behind, Trump is winning."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.3ff8350b1f0c

Old 10-04-2016, 02:44 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,936,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Joe loves Trump. He spent the past year sucking up to him, it was only when Donnie went completely off the rails that he backed down a bit. Now he has Mika attack Hillary with concern trolling like claiming she was worried for Hillary because Donnie did so well in the debate.

I did see him screaming yesterday about why there were no new polls, conveniently ignoring all the ones that had come out since the debate that favored Hillary. I assume that he will have some excuse why all the additional ones that just came out don't really mean Donnie is losing.

Well, actually I don't need to assume, right after typing that, I went and googled him and found exactly what I had predicted - his claim "Don't be fooled by all the polls that have him falling even further behind, Trump is winning."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.3ff8350b1f0c
Actually I heard Joe say that some people characterized him as a Trump fan because he continually said Trump would win the primary. When he ardently defended his reasoning for a Trump win, he said many accused him of supporting Trump.

Old 10-04-2016, 02:50 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Your polls don't reflect what the God of the Bible will do. If I'm reading His poll right, Trump will be the next president. The trends are clear to an astute observer.
Not sure how your Bible reads, but mine says that adulterous, money-changer would be whipped out of the temple faster than you could say, "Amen."

That's if we were dimwitted enough to put him there in first place.

Now, back to the topic of this thread.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...ex_cid=rrpromo has Clinton with 311 EC votes, gaining fast in Ohio and not far behind in Iowa.

Old 10-04-2016, 03:07 PM

2,122 posts, read 1,794,611 times
Are we quoting the wrong LA Times number?

The LA Times poll asks 3 questions: Who would you vote for? Who do you think will win?, and Do you plan to vote?

The numbers that everyone quotes (especially Trump supporters) are the results for the "Who would you vote for" question but according to the intro to the results of the Who do you think will win question:

Quote:
We ask voters who they expect to see win, regardless of which candidate they support. Over the years, asking voters their expectation about which candidate will win often has proved to predict elections more reliably than asking how they plan to vote. That’s particularly true when the election is still many weeks away
Right now the results to that question show and have always shown that those polled think that Clinton will win. Currently she is favored 51.7% to 43%

Who do you think will win?

Old 10-04-2016, 03:10 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
New campaign song for Trumps campaign, Free falling.

538 polls plus.

9/26 45.4% chance of winning
10/3 32.3% chance of winning
Another day and still
f
a
l
l
i
n
g

28.8% chance of winning according to 538 polls plus.

Old 10-04-2016, 03:40 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Latest update on 538

Polls Plus- Clinton up by 3.2% with a 71.2% chance to win. Best showing for Clinton in this model since the end of August. Compared to 2012, Trump picks up Iowa, Ohio and ME-2, Clinton picks up North Carolina. North Carolina is the closest state with Clinton up by 0.3% EV's 322-216

Polls-Only Clinton up by 4.3% with a 74.9% chance to win. Best showing for Clinton in this model since the end of August. Compared to 2012, Trump picks up Iowa, and ME-2. Clinton picks up North Carolina. Ohio the closest state with Clinton up by 0.1% EV's 340-198

Now-Cast Clinton up by 5.0% with a 81.9% chance to win, best showing in this model since about a week left in August. Compared to 2012, Trump picks up Iowa, and ME-2. Clinton picks up North Carolina. Iowa is the closest state with rump up by 0.3%. EV's 340-198
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections