Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2016, 11:00 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Even god can't turn this trainwreck around for Trump and his cult.
No, sir, you don't get it . . . . . Trump IS God!!!!

Mick

P.S. Clapton is God!!!!

Old 10-04-2016, 11:12 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,417,405 times
Monmouth Poll (PA)

Clinton: 50%
Trump: 40%
Johnson: 5%
Stein: 2%

As others have noted, 3rd party candidates are starting to fade, to HRC's benefit.

Old 10-04-2016, 11:15 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Monmouth Poll (PA)

Clinton: 50%
Trump: 40%
Johnson: 5%
Stein: 2%

As others have noted, 3rd party candidates are starting to fade, to HRC's benefit.
That was to be expected. They are never going to do as good as early polling suggested.

Old 10-04-2016, 11:26 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
That was to be expected. They are never going to do as good as early polling suggested.
Its good to see a result like this. I'd like to see more trends like it.

Old 10-04-2016, 11:26 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Not this year. I've been saying for months that this is the year where third-party voters are going to realize that this time, there really is a YUUUUUGE difference between the two major candidates. It's one thing to stick it to the man in August and September, but when November comes around and you're faced with the prospect of destroying the entire country, that's a whole different thing.

Last edited by Mr. In-Between; 10-04-2016 at 11:41 AM..

Old 10-04-2016, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Not this year. I've been saying for months that this is the year where third-party candidates are going to realize that this time, there really is a YUUUUUGE difference between the two major candidates. It's one thing to stick it to the man in August and September, but when November comes around and you're faced with the prospect of destroying the entire country, that's a whole different thing.
Yep, pretty much. Johnson will do better than he did in 2012 for sure. But I'm guessing more along the lines of 5-7 percent. Stein will do about the same I think.

Old 10-04-2016, 11:55 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times
IF -- and these are very big IFs -- the current trends continue Hillary Clinton just about has this election wrapped up and put away. The very latest polls has her on the verge of closing the gap in Iowa and Ohio, which were Trump strongholds. She has either established leads or is pulling ahead in Florida, N Carolina, Colorado, Penn, Wisconsin... 538 Now-cast has the probability at 80% Clinton to 20% Trump. That's 4-to-1 odds in favor of Clinton.

Trump really, really needs a WikiLeak dump (which he's not getting) or a major mis-step by Clinton in future debates. Unless there's some very major October surprise Trump is teetering on the edge of defeat.

Old 10-04-2016, 11:57 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,944,684 times
Quote:
Even god can't turn this trainwreck around for Trump and his cult.
Trump has defied all the odds, and I'm inclined to believe that God is putting Trump in the White House for some purpose. Perhaps, for Israel's sake. Mock and laugh all you want, but Nov. 9 will tell the story. FWIW, in the summer of 2012, I believed that Obama was going to win in order to vote to divide the land of Israel; he's the only president who would dare do such a thing. As we speak, the stage is being set at the UN for Obama to do that before he leaves office in a few months. A Trump win will definitely hasten Obama's action out of contempt.

Old 10-04-2016, 12:09 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
When peoples' lives are flipped upside down, voting is the last thing on their minds, particularly when the candidate is Hillary. The polls don't account for acts of God.
That seems like a bit of a projection.

Okay, this is totally off topic, but...

Last general election cycle Sandy hit NYC, NJ, etc.

"Voters across the storm-ravaged East Coast left their unlit, unheated homes, walked past generators and fallen tree limbs and cast their votes"

Voters cast ballots despite devastation from Sandy

Despite Sandy, storm-affected residents went to vote - CBS News

If people can get to the polls or otherwise return their ballots, I expect that they will vote.

Old 10-04-2016, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Trump has defied all the odds, and I'm inclined to believe that God is putting Trump in the White House for some purpose. Perhaps, for Israel's sake. Mock and laugh all you want, but Nov. 9 will tell the story. FWIW, in the summer of 2012, I believed that Obama was going to win in order to vote to divide the land of Israel; he's the only president who would dare do such a thing. As we speak, the stage is being set at the UN for Obama to do that before he leaves office in a few months. A Trump win will definitely hasten Obama's action out of contempt.
Yes, the champion of the master of the universe is Donald Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections