Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2016, 07:04 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,286,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
That's actually a pretty cool poll. They are using voter files and gauging on a 0-100 likelihood of showing up on election day. Whether that will turn out to be good or bad we will see as time goes on. It also matches likely voters with the file. Since some people claim they voted far more often than they did.

Last edited by ~HecateWhisperCat~; 09-19-2016 at 07:41 AM..

Old 09-19-2016, 07:46 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,946,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post

This is not good news for Trump: voters believe Trump lacks on the job experience for a high level government position. Trump has never served as mayor, governor, senator, or any other government position and it is reflected in these poll results.
Jeopardizing the nation's security does not make one qualified to be president, poll or not.

Old 09-19-2016, 08:12 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Jeopardizing the nation's security does not make one qualified to be president, poll or not.
There is only one candidate running that we should fear would jeopardizing the nation's security, and that is D. Trump. See: Time: Donald Trump’s Many, Many, Many, Many Ties to Russia

My goodness, Russian intelligence agencies are hacking, trying to help Trump's campaign.

Old 09-19-2016, 08:40 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
There is only one candidate running that we should fear would jeopardizing the nation's security, and that is D. Trump. See: Time: Donald Trump’s Many, Many, Many, Many Ties to Russia

My goodness, Russian intelligence agencies are hacking, trying to help Trump's campaign.
Trumpers don't care. He could be a KGB agent, and they'd still praise him. Cult Personality worship. We're North Korea now.

Old 09-19-2016, 08:41 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,494,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Trump doesn't need 30 percent of these. His poll numbers prove that. As far as Hispanics, he's at 24%, Romney was as 27%. Not that big of a difference.
Can you please post a link the the poll that shows Trump at 24% for hispanics? Either a national poll or swing state poll, since those are the only polls that matter at this point.

I am looking at lots of polls and can't find any recent polls that split by race.

EDIT: The new Florida poll splits by race. It shows

https://www.siena.edu/news-events/ar...ine-state-race

Clinton 82% African-Americans and Trump gets 4%
Clinton 61% Hispanics/Latinos and Trump gets 21%

Last edited by sware2cod; 09-19-2016 at 08:55 AM..

Old 09-19-2016, 09:48 AM

39,076 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Can you please post a link the the poll that shows Trump at 24% for hispanics? Either a national poll or swing state poll, since those are the only polls that matter at this point.

I am looking at lots of polls and can't find any recent polls that split by race.

EDIT: The new Florida poll splits by race. It shows

https://www.siena.edu/news-events/ar...ine-state-race

Clinton 82% African-Americans and Trump gets 4%
Clinton 61% Hispanics/Latinos and Trump gets 21%
Expect that 82% to go over 90% in the final tally. So add about two points to Clinton.

Old 09-19-2016, 11:19 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,195,016 times
Maybe blacks also want a strong border and don't agree with bringing in thousands of refugees from the Middle East to their cities. School choice is a also a positive

Old 09-19-2016, 11:41 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,946,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post

Is this the Russia that Obama mocked Mitt Romney about? How about John Kerry mocking Romney for his Rocky IV foreign policy? Within months, Putin grants Snowden asylum. Later, Putin invades Ukraine. Who is the butt of jokes now? Rest button?

Old 09-19-2016, 11:54 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,494,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Is this the Russia that Obama mocked Mitt Romney about? How about John Kerry mocking Romney for his Rocky IV foreign policy? Within months, Putin grants Snowden asylum. Later, Putin invades Ukraine. Who is the butt of jokes now?
Trump is the butt of jokes regarding Russia. Trump fawns over Putin because Trump thinks Putin called Trump bright/brilliant. Trump thinks Putin meant Trump is intelligent when Putin really meant "bright, colorful character".

Now Trump compliments Putin every chance he gets. Every country sees how gullible Trump is. Bait him with an insult and he loses his cool and loses all focus as he aims to retaliate the insult. Compliment him, and his massive ago will forever support the person that made the compliment. He never forgets a compliment and he never forgets an insult. Yeah - he's the butt of jokes - worldwide.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ump-brilliant/

"Well, I think when he calls me brilliant, I’ll take the compliment, OK?" Trump said....

..."He called me a genius," Trump said of Putin

Old 09-19-2016, 12:06 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,941,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Trump is the butt of jokes regarding Russia. Trump fawns over Putin because Trump thinks Putin called Trump bright/brilliant. Trump thinks Putin meant Trump is intelligent when Putin really meant "bright, colorful character".

Now Trump compliments Putin every chance he gets. Every country sees how gullible Trump is. Bait him with an insult and he loses his cool and loses all focus as he aims to retaliate the insult. Compliment him, and his massive ago will forever support the person that made the compliment. He never forgets a compliment and he never forgets an insult. Yeah - he's the butt of jokes - worldwide.

Did Vladimir Putin call Trump 'brilliant'? | PolitiFact

"Well, I think when he calls me brilliant, I’ll take the compliment, OK?" Trump said....

..."He called me a genius," Trump said of Putin
Cool story telling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections