Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 07:31 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,515,041 times

Advertisements

The epitome of first world problems here. A warm house, loving family, and a table groaning from the weight of food ... and people are worried about getting feelings hurt or losing their self-control over discussion of freakin' politics.

Get some damn perspective, people.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:32 AM

10,034 posts, read 15,690,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
We have some Trump voters at our meal but fortunately they are not obnoxious RWNJs. Now my son is a different story, his father in law is a whack that is waaaay out there and loves to argue. Plan on keeping my distance from that meal. Be careful what you marry into :-).

You don't always have a say as to who your kids marry, never mind their families.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:35 AM

8,316 posts, read 3,936,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Awesome ... your family is a perfect example of how accepting liberals are ...
Trump rewrote the rules of civility in American politics, he has essentially declared war on democracy and those that stand for legitimate debate and decency. It's a totally new world, and I think we're going to see more and more polarization. Why would they want to be around someone that supports a president that is working continuously to undermine their freedoms, that wants to take them back into the dark age - a man who built his reputation on misogony and bigotry? This is brand new territory my friend, a full-on clash of values, and it is only going to get uglier.

Last edited by GearHeadDave; 11-19-2016 at 07:43 AM..

Old 11-19-2016, 07:45 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
Trump rewrote the rules of civility in American politics, he has essentially declared war on democracy and those that stand for legitimate debate and decency. It's a totally new world, and I think we're going to see more and more polarization. Why would they accept someone that is working continuously to undermine their freedoms, that wants to take them back into the dark age? Why would they want to be around people that admire a man who built his reputation on misogony and bigotry? This is brand new territory my friend, a full-on clash of values, and it is only going to get uglier.

The only war on democracy and the Republic, has been from the mainstream media lies, and the corruption at the highest levels of government, from the New World Order Washington establishment. Cronyism from both establishment institutions to take liberties, for a one world government to rule us. Not the Constitution, chaining tyrants to the stake.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:51 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,203,495 times
Quote:
Trump rewrote the rules of civility in American politics, he has essentially declared war on democracy and those that stand for legitimate debate and decency. It's a totally new world, and I think we're going to see more and more polarization. Why would they want to be around someone that supports a president that is working continuously to undermine their freedoms, that wants to take them back into the dark age - a man who built his reputation on misogony and bigotry? This is brand new territory my friend, a full-on clash of values, and it is only going to get uglier.
If you think the full-on clash of values started with Trump, have another donut.

All of you liberals think your lives are going to change drastically and have no proof whatsoever that this is the case. Just because Trump doesn't favor open borders, unvetted Muslim immigration, bad trade agreements, a weakened military, poor treatment of vets, lower taxes, and a poorly designed health care system doesn't mean anyone's 'rights' will be trampled.

Please enlighten as to how your life is going to change under Trump other than you'll be able to have more whine sessions @ Starbucks with more of your kind.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The only war on democracy and the Republic, has been from the mainstream media lies, and the corruption at the highest levels of government, from the New World Order Washington establishment. Cronyism from both establishment institutions to take liberties, for a one world government to rule us. Not the Constitution, chaining tyrants to the stake.
I am certain that you will find several dozen people on this site that believe every word of that. I'm not one of them.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
If you think the full-on clash of values started with Trump, have another donut.

All of you liberals think your lives are going to change drastically and have no proof whatsoever that this is the case. Just because Trump doesn't favor open borders, unvetted Muslim immigration, bad trade agreements, a weakened military, poor treatment of vets, lower taxes, and a poorly designed health care system doesn't mean anyone's 'rights' will be trampled.

Please enlighten as to how your life is going to change under Trump other than you'll be able to have more whine sessions @ Starbucks with more of your kind.
Stephen Bannon
Jeff Sessions
Mike Pompeo
Michael Flynn

Life is going to change for every person in this nation, not just the "liberals". By the way just because someone opposes the Trump regime does not mean they are "liberal" but I understand that's a convenient basket to put them in.

Old 11-19-2016, 08:23 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,203,495 times
Quote:
Stephen Bannon
Jeff Sessions
Mike Pompeo
Michael Flynn

Life is going to change for every person in this nation, not just the "liberals". By the way just because someone opposes the Trump regime does not mean they are "liberal" but I understand that's a convenient basket to put them in.
Instead of the generic rhetoric, tell us how life is going to change for everyone. And believe it or not, change is often good. Give us a few specifics instead of your 60,000 foot Ouija board prediction.

And I'm sure that those who oppose the Trump regime are not all liberals, but certainly in the minority of the opposition.

Old 11-19-2016, 08:31 AM

34,075 posts, read 17,112,870 times
Quote:

LOL! Well I guess OP can always go to Waffle House alone then.

Family > important than politics.

Old 11-19-2016, 08:54 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
I am certain that you will find several dozen people on this site that believe every word of that. I'm not one of them.

Well, sit me in the chair of reason and rationalize, the unrationable... Please.

I understand. It is hard to wrap fantasies around the reality of my statement when one is not ignorant, but only defeated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections