Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2022, 09:10 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Wishful thinking at best GOP pulled their funding.
your own link says they pulled nothing.

"As the RGA spends about $910,000 to support Dixon on air this week, Whitmer’s campaign and the Democratic Governors Association will be spending a combined $4.9 million"

she's being outspent 5:1 and she's still pulling ahead.

Old 10-25-2022, 09:13 PM

13,281 posts, read 7,321,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
your own link says they pulled nothing.

"As the RGA spends about $910,000 to support Dixon on air this week, Whitmer’s campaign and the Democratic Governors Association will be spending a combined $4.9 million"

she's being outspent 5:1 and she's still pulling ahead.

You left out

"Wednesday morning the Republican Governors Association will unveil a new ad for gubernatorial candidate Tudor Dixon.

What won’t accompany the new ad, however, is any new money to broadcast it on Michigan airwaves.
"

Old 10-25-2022, 09:15 PM

17,391 posts, read 16,540,182 times
I really hope that Dixon pulls it off. Whitmer is horrible. One of the worst governors in the country. I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would vote for her after the way she weaponized Covid against her own constituents.

Old 10-25-2022, 09:16 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
You left out

"Wednesday morning the Republican Governors Association will unveil a new ad for gubernatorial candidate Tudor Dixon.

What won’t accompany the new ad, however, is any new money to broadcast it on Michigan airwaves.
"
if they pulled their funding as you claim, they can't simultaneously be spending money on her campaign.

Old 10-25-2022, 09:27 PM

3,113 posts, read 939,317 times
Quote:
Wishful thinking at best GOP pulled their funding.
The polls are all tightening for Dixon. Whitmer's lead was always anemic as no one likes her in Michigan. So let me break it down here, Democrats will answer to the pollster Whitmer, Republicans will say Dixon. Independents will be more likely to say Whitmer because they know her, and don't know Dixon.

The tightening is indicating independents are getting to know Dixon and like her. She's also far more attractive than Whitmer. Michigander's are tired of Democrats who ruined that state from top to bottom.

It's time for Democrats to lose so bad, all of you emigrate to Canada.

Old 10-25-2022, 10:09 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,444,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
if they pulled their funding as you claim, they can't simultaneously be spending money on her campaign.
They aren't. The new ad is only replacing another one already running.

Old 10-25-2022, 11:47 PM

17,391 posts, read 16,540,182 times
I watched the latest Whitmer/Dixon debate and I think that Tudor Dixon has a darned good chance at beating Whitmer.

Whitmer's policies have been disastrous fails for the state of Michigan.

Old 10-26-2022, 05:09 AM

8,418 posts, read 7,419,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
I only skimmed the article, but it's worth a more thorough read.

It's a commentary about Nate Silver, 538, and the Democratic bias in the statistical methods employed by 538. It's not just a one-off "Nate Silver Bad" article - it goes into great detail to make its case.

It does briefly mention Trafalgar Group at the end, and points out that Trafalgar is projecting much tighter races than 538. I did read another article last night about Robert Cahaly, former political consultant for the GOP and founder of the Trafalgar Group. Cahaly's "special sauce" is that he believes in a "shy voter" effect, wherein some Trump supporters would be reluctant to admit that they were voting for Donald Trump; Cahaly adjusts his polling to account for this effect. This election cycle Cahaly is also accounting for the "submerged voter" - he believes that a good number of Trump voters now aren't even participating in polling, afraid that they'll be tracked by the federal government for expressing their political beliefs.

Old 10-26-2022, 05:12 AM

29,824 posts, read 24,917,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I watched the latest Whitmer/Dixon debate and I think that Tudor Dixon has a darned good chance at beating Whitmer.

Whitmer's policies have been disastrous fails for the state of Michigan.

Witless Whitmer POed a lot of people during COVID. She was one of the governors that placed COVID patients in nursing homes with the most vulnerable members of society. She also created all sorts of nonsensical rules during COVID. Couldn't buy certain seeds at Home Depot, because COVID??? I'm not a boater, but she placed restrictions on boating during COVID that POed a lot of people, because COVID lives in the water or something??? Boating is very popular here among republicans and democrats alike. Some of her policies POed both camps.

She came across as a Karen, which is why I did everything I could to just ignore her.

Old 10-26-2022, 05:24 AM

8,418 posts, read 7,419,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I really hope that Dixon pulls it off. Whitmer is horrible. One of the worst governors in the country. I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would vote for her after the way she weaponized Covid against her own constituents.
I live in Michigan. I find it amazing how terrible it was supposed to have been for me back in 2020, what with all the restaurants, bars, and garden centers closed.

The thing about Governor Whitmer "weaponizing Covid" - Ohio Governor Mike DeWine took the same measures in his state as Governor Whitmer did in Michigan, yet no one knocks him for it.

In early 2020, Michigan was one of the first states that was hit hard by COVID. No one new much about it, and governors like Whitmer and DeWine both took strong action to attempt to prevent it from spreading.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections