Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2022, 07:21 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Republican leaders are hopeful that Trump lands himself in prison which would solve the MAGA problem for them. They can go back to the old "RINO" type republican as Trump calls them, and put the MAGA era behind them. Trump demanded candidates state the 2020 election was rigged that was a failure everyone knew it.
Nah, those that are obsessed with him and have cried about him for 6+ years hope he lands in prison…which will never happen.

Old 11-09-2022, 07:21 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times
Quote:
Your kidding right? Trump hand picked candidates for the Midterms in most of these statewide elections. Trump demanded they claim the 2020 election was rigged and some even went further like Doug Mastriano saying he would decertify vote tabulators if Trump lost in 2024, and hired GAB magazine CEO who the ADL has labeled a racist.
What am I "kidding" about ? Did I not say Trumps name is tarnished now ? And the Democrats will never let anyone forget that, so anyone Trump aligns himself with will also be tarnished. It's a great tactic and works, proof being last night.

Old 11-09-2022, 07:31 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,942,973 times
At the end of the day I am not surprised.

I am no fan of Whitmer, but the Rep. put up a terrible candidate with Dixon. If the Rep had put up a more qualified, less MAGA candidate they easily would have won.
The conservative-leaning business leaders/community didn't rally around Dixon, they remained on the sidelines. A lot of independents or right-of-center voters couldn't get behind Dixon.
She was unproven, a bit extreme, and her MAGA doctrine didn't resonate anyone that's not all-in on that.

I'm sorry MAGA people do a terrible job of reading the room. You aren't going to win elections just on your own base. If you are only preaching to the core of your party, you are alienating the people in the middle.

Whitmer was by far the more middle of the road, known candidate in this election cycle.

All the Republicans had to do was put up a better candidate and they would've won the Michigan governor spot.

Last edited by DTWflyer; 11-09-2022 at 07:54 AM..

Old 11-09-2022, 07:43 AM

13,273 posts, read 7,321,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
What am I "kidding" about ? Did I not say Trumps name is tarnished now ? And the Democrats will never let anyone forget that, so anyone Trump aligns himself with will also be tarnished. It's a great tactic and works, proof being last night.
Trump was 100% at fault for tarnishing his own name along with the Republican party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTWflyer View Post
At the end of the day I am not surprised.

I am no fan of Whitmer, but the Rep. put up a terrible candidate with Dixon. If the Rep had put up a more qualified, less MAGA candidate they easily wouldn't won.
The conservative-leaning business leaders/community didn't rally around Dixon, they remained on the sidelines. A lot of independents or right-of-center voters couldn't get behind Dixon.
She was unproven, a bit extreme, and her MAGA doctrine didn't resonate anyone that's not all-in on that.

I'm sorry MAGA people do a terrible job of reading the room. You aren't going to win elections just on your own base. If you are only preaching to the core of your party, you are alienating the people in the middle.

Whitmer was by far the more middle of the road, known candidate in this election cycle.

All the Republicans had to do was put up a better candidate and they would've won the Michigan governor spot.

I agree with that MAGA's think they are speaking for the majority but are stuck in an echo chamber.

Old 11-09-2022, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Trump was 100% at fault for tarnishing his own name along with the Republican party.
Wrong. He was tarnished before he even took office in 2016. Remember the rioting on his inauguration ? And the not stop fighting against him for the next four years ? It was all unwarranted. The only time he was responsible for his own demise was leading up to and after the 2020 election. Not that he shouldn't have kept his mouth shut on more than a few occasions.

If only the Democrats would have sucked it up, and worked with someone they chose to not like for one term, things would have been so much better for our country. Yes, the GOP gave Obama some ****, but nothing like what happened to Trump.

The problem is now, we are in a perpetual state of just voting against the other candidate or party, issues be damned. The only way to break this cycle is better candidates and more informed voters. Not sure how that will happen though.

Old 11-09-2022, 08:32 AM

8,418 posts, read 7,419,986 times
As of now, it's being reported that the Democrats in Michigan have won the state house 56-54 and the state senate 19-19 or 20-18.

Not completely blue, nor even deep bluish purple.

Control is completely/barely blue, for the next two years.

Old 11-09-2022, 09:20 AM

4,630 posts, read 4,900,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
Rampant cheating in Wayne Co.
Whitmer won without needing a single vote in Wayne county.

And if you think Wayne county is not going to be carried by a Dem by over 70%, you're insane or delusional. The last statewide republican to carry Wayne county was Candice Miller (Engler's Sec of State) in 98!

Old 11-09-2022, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516 View Post
Whitmer won without needing a single vote in Wayne county.

And if you think Wayne county is not going to be carried by a Dem by over 70%, you're insane or delusional. The last statewide republican to carry Wayne county was Candice Miller (Engler's Sec of State) in 98!
Very interesting the geographic makeup of where she won. Macomb country really surprised me, though.

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-go...chigan-suburbs

Old 11-09-2022, 09:51 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
As of now, it's being reported that the Democrats in Michigan have won the state house 56-54 and the state senate 19-19 or 20-18.

Not completely blue, nor even deep bluish purple.

Control is completely/barely blue, for the next two years.
That’s ok and is only the beginning…

Old 11-09-2022, 09:54 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g555 View Post
It is looker brighter for DeSantis, than Trump, at the moment.

If DeSantis decides to run for President, and wins the primary, I'm sure he will have to tweek everything Trump said so that it is his own, to make a new conservative movement of his own, not MAGA, per se.

Likely, DeSantis will easily beat Biden, Harris or Newsom. At that point, they won't be talking about rigged elections but more like landslide elections. I anyways don't equate MAGA candidates as just candidates that talk about rigged elections (even though it is one of the current things they talk about), since MAGA was used well before Trump lost.
by far.

https://i.ibb.co/Bqv7X3n/1668001507202102.png
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections