Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2022, 09:16 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
My advice to the MAGA faction - if you wanted to replace Whitmer as governor, you should have picked a better candidate.

You shouldn't have picked a failed D-List actress whose only claims to the office are that she and her staff didn't screw up their candidacy signature petitions, was hand-picked by Betsy DeVos, and subsequently anointed by Donald Trump.
Yeah, Chief Craig was a much better candidate than Tudor. Tudor isn't all that bad, other than her stance on abortion, which is really irrelevant since there is a proposal for it. She will get my vote for sure.

As much as I'd like to see Whitmer gone, and there have been some things she's done I definitely don't like, Michiganders are really lucky she isn't like Newsome, Brown, or Hochul. I'd be happy with just some seats flipping to Republican.

And, I've really never understood the hate for the DeVos family.

Last edited by scarabchuck; 11-01-2022 at 09:26 AM..

Old 11-01-2022, 09:22 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Amazing amount of hatred on this thread, it's alright to disagree with someone but this is what drives the people to kidnap a governor. We really need to get back to normal.
Someone kidnapped a governor on this thread? How does that even happen?

Old 11-01-2022, 09:26 AM

3,113 posts, read 939,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Not voting for Witchmer is tantamount to kidnapping!

Old 11-01-2022, 09:33 AM

13,273 posts, read 7,321,255 times
New poll today shows Whitmer +6

Old 11-01-2022, 09:55 AM

8,418 posts, read 7,419,986 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
Selective memory or simple ignorance?

https://www.google.com/search?q=mich...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Old 11-01-2022, 10:00 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Selective memory or simple ignorance?

https://www.google.com/search?q=mich...hrome&ie=UTF-8
that happened on this thread? refresh our memories pls.

Old 11-01-2022, 10:03 AM

4,630 posts, read 4,900,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Besides launching Amway onto the world, they are key in gutting public education in Michigan.

The first is bad enough: they became billionaires by heading up a pyramid scheme.
They are (especially Dick and Betsy) big proponents of gutting state funding and vouchers without oversight.

Over the last 20 years, higher ed state funding in Michigan has dropped by 50% per student, directly leading to the explosion in costs.
Vouchers without oversight killed off a few almost dead Detroit schools leaving kids without a school to go to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vice
The gutting of Detroit’s public schools is the result of an experiment started 23 years ago, when education reformers including Betsy DeVos, now Donald Trump’s pick to lead the Education Department, got Michigan to bet big on charters and school choice. The Obama administration has promoted competition, but DeVos looks set to take free-market education policy to new heights. She has made clear her goal is to use charters to eventually get public dollars to private and religious schools, but the consequences of her school choice policy in Detroit leave gaping questions about how she will also care for America’s public schools.

In Detroit, choice has come largely at the expense of the traditional public school district and schools like Oakman. As students joined new charters, public school enrollment and funding fell. Unregulated competition pushed these schools into near-unrecoverable insolvency and allowed dubious for-profit charter operators to prosper without establishing a track record of better outcomes for students. A 2014 analysis showed 17 percent of Detroit charter school students were rated proficient in math, versus 13 percent of traditional public school students. Last year less than 1 percent of the city’s schools got an A or B+ rating from Excellent Schools Detroit, a local reform group that provides school information to families. Nearly 70 percent earned a D+ or lower, and 40 percent of those bottom-performers were charters.

Old 11-01-2022, 10:03 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Maybe one of the Wolverines were on CD.

Old 11-01-2022, 10:05 AM

8,418 posts, read 7,419,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Yeah, Chief Craig was a much better candidate than Tudor. Tudor isn't all that bad, other than her stance on abortion, which is really irrelevant since there is a proposal for it. She will get my vote for sure.
Let me throw a thought out at you - Governor Candice Miller. I would have voted for her over Whitmer in a heartbeat.

As for Tudor Nixon - she's attractive, photogenic, and comfortable in front of a camera. That's the sum of her positive attributes.

She has no actual political platform except for what other people are handing her to say. For example, her plan to discontinue the state income tax has no details about how said revenue loss is to be handled - because no one's told her yet what that plan is to be.

On top of that, Tudor Nixon seems to be a person who simply echoes current MAGA folklore. Examples provide upon request.

I'll vote for an intelligent conservative...the Michigan GOP has failed to deliver such candidates at the state level this year.

Quote:
DeVos money is AmWay money. Compare and contrast with the Meijer family.

Old 11-01-2022, 10:06 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,357,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
That just goes to show how insane those on the Left are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections