Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2022, 11:57 AM

12,990 posts, read 9,510,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
it would be nice to say goodbye to stretchin' gretchen
I'm not a Michigander so have no dog in the fight other than national effects, but I really consider Whitmer and Hochul of New York to be cut from the same bolt of cloth. As VP, Whitmer would be about as effective (or ineffective), possibly slightly more lucid, than Kamala Harris. I can't figure how they come up with these folks.

Tudor Dixon, on the other hand, seems to have all her ducks in a row. She's a very smart and well-spoken lady.

Old 10-28-2022, 12:49 PM

8,418 posts, read 7,419,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Whitmer is a hypocrite, liar, and tyrant:

blah.

blah.

blah.

She's got to go.
Yeah, linking a crapload of links that discuss the same four issues isn't really refuting Whitmer.

I already said that she took a trip down to Florida after she told people not to travel.

I recall the issue where she was in a bar sans mask. Big deal.

The question of who paid for her flight turned out to be a nothing burger, but it sure riles up the MAGA faction.

The ruling against her extending the emergency orders past 30 days was handed down by a conservative Michigan Supreme Court. When the executive orders ended, state health officials orders took over.

If one wishes to peruse the links supplied, I'd suggest looking at the Crain's Detroit and Bridge Michigan links.

Old 10-28-2022, 12:54 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Averaging of polls over the last 10 days, only Trafalgar has them close.

https://www.270towin.com/2022-governor-polls/michigan

Old 10-28-2022, 12:54 PM

1,700 posts, read 613,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Yeah, linking a crapload of links that discuss the same four issues isn't really refuting Whitmer.

I already said that she took a trip down to Florida after she told people not to travel.

I recall the issue where she was in a bar sans mask. Big deal.

The question of who paid for her flight turned out to be a nothing burger, but it sure riles up the MAGA faction.

The ruling against her extending the emergency orders past 30 days was handed down by a conservative Michigan Supreme Court. When the executive orders ended, state health officials orders took over.

If one wishes to peruse the links supplied, I'd suggest looking at the Crain's Detroit and Bridge Michigan links.
Whitney is another rules for thee but not for me authoritarian leftist. She doesn’t think she reports to the voters. That alone is reason enough not to vote for her.

Old 10-28-2022, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Tudor Dixon, on the other hand, seems to have all her ducks in a row. She's a very smart and well-spoken lady.
The thing is that there were better Republican candidates ahead of her who failed to make the ballot, their campaign staffs screwed up the voter signature petitions that are required to be filed with the state of Michigan in order for said candidates to appear on the Republican primary ballot.

So Betsy DeVos stepped up, tapped Tudor Dixon on the shoulder (I'm guessing because Dixon once tried to sell Home-Schooling resources through her own web site). DeVos convinced Donald Trump to endorse Dixon over the remaining available candidates, and Dixon won the Michigan Republican governor's primary with about 40% of the vote against four other candidates.

So now the standard-bearer for the Michigan GOP is someone personally selected by a member of the billionaire DeVos family, who doesn't have any government OR management experience, but who looks good and acts well on camera.

That appears to be the low bar for the MAGA faction - superficial surface appeal. Compare and contrast Tudor Dixon with one Candice Miller. And if someone in this thread doesn't know who Candice Miller is, then that persons' opinions in this thread are completely useless.

Old 10-28-2022, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
Whitney is another rules for thee but not for me authoritarian leftist. She doesn’t think she reports to the voters. That alone is reason enough not to vote for her.
Whitney?

I think that says everything we need to know about your views on the governor's race in Michigan.

Old 10-28-2022, 01:08 PM

25,744 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Averaging of polls over the last 10 days, only Trafalgar has them close.

https://www.270towin.com/2022-governor-polls/michigan
Nationally, Republicans have a 9% enthusiasm advantage. If that is reflective of Michigan, the small edge that Whitmer might have will be Trumped (pardon the pun) by turnout.

Pollster are even admitting they are unable to get accurate polling data from Pubs, because they wont cooperate with posters, & some outright lie. The concensus error I've heard in this equals 2 points of Pub votes are being undercounted.

So, let's say Michigan Pubs have a +4 edge in enthusiasm, & +1 due to polling issues, that is 5 points more for the Pubs that is not being accounted for in any of these polls.

For thee 2 reasons, I think Whitmer will lose. The trend of Dems losing Black Men will also contribute to her demise, but to a lesser extent than the lack of Dem enthusiasm.

Old 10-28-2022, 01:13 PM

7,241 posts, read 4,552,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Fivethirtyeight is always anti american.

Old 10-28-2022, 02:18 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
The thing is that there were better Republican candidates ahead of her who failed to make the ballot, their campaign staffs screwed up the voter signature petitions that are required to be filed with the state of Michigan in order for said candidates to appear on the Republican primary ballot.

So Betsy DeVos stepped up, tapped Tudor Dixon on the shoulder (I'm guessing because Dixon once tried to sell Home-Schooling resources through her own web site). DeVos convinced Donald Trump to endorse Dixon over the remaining available candidates, and Dixon won the Michigan Republican governor's primary with about 40% of the vote against four other candidates.

So now the standard-bearer for the Michigan GOP is someone personally selected by a member of the billionaire DeVos family, who doesn't have any government OR management experience, but who looks good and acts well on camera.

That appears to be the low bar for the MAGA faction - superficial surface appeal. Compare and contrast Tudor Dixon with one Candice Miller. And if someone in this thread doesn't know who Candice Miller is, then that persons' opinions in this thread are completely useless.
That's rich coming from you and any other Biden voter. Please don't tell us about a low bar for our candidates.

These other "better Republican candidates" would have been trashed, smeared and maligned by faithful DNC operatives, just like Tudor Dixon is being trashed, smeared, and maligned.

We see through the Democrat lies.

Old 10-28-2022, 02:31 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
So this is a REALLY GOOD THREAT TO BOOK MARK

100% this thread shows me a couple of things.

1. Dems trust 538 (its a democrat pollsterish sort of thing)
2. Reps trust Trafalgar (Its a republican pollster )

We shall see whats what in about 12 days,.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections