Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 07:25 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times

Advertisements

Dracul - thanks for the post - Very eloquent - GregW
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 07:30 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,344,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
They need to look beyond the gay issue and their anger at the religious right.

Hmmm..............the reasons given by many why they are voting for McCain........... Anti-Gays, My-God and My-Guns.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:33 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacNW transplant View Post
From the same site:
After all, there were thousands of so-called campus radicals, most of them white and tenured and happily tolerated. No, it remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.

And so, he chose, and rejected whites, and was more than comfortable listening to the rantings of Rev. Jeremiah Wright. And that is why there are masses of blacks voting for him.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:33 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,438,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
From the same site:
After all, there were thousands of so-called campus radicals, most of them white and tenured and happily tolerated. No, it remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.

And so, he chose, and rejected whites, and was more than comfortable listening to the rantings of Rev. Jeremiah Wright. And that is why there are masses of blacks voting for him.
I sure am glad they created this emoticon.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:34 AM

5,167 posts, read 11,434,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Hmmm..............the reasons given by many why they are voting for McCain........... Anti-Gays, My-God and My-Guns.
BINGO

forum rules, please read them

Old 11-03-2008, 07:35 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,200,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
We need change. And Obama is the change we need!! Change is exactly some of the points mentioned in your text above. Some we may like, some we may not. That happens with any and every candidate.
I am voting for Obama due to the hope, strength, courage, wisdom, and equal rights he represents for all Americans. He is the future. The younger generation sees this, and I think they are right in their choice of support behind Obama!
what do you mean the 'hope he represents'? What policies do you agree with? Emotions shouldn't have any place in voting. Look at his record, look at his policies. It scares me so much when I hear people voting simply because they 'feel' like a candidate is the best. If you want to vote for Obama because you agree with the facts behind his actions, then great. If you are voting based on a feeling, please rethink what you are doing.

4,921 posts, read 7,687,088 times
The OP should realize that many of those "young idiots" are getting shot and dying everyday in the name of freedom. I respect our young men and women and they have every right to choose a candidate of their choice.
BTW, I voted early and most of the people in line where seniors, (weekday, early, most people at work), and the talk in the line was that 75% were voting for Obama. I am also a senior and I am for Obama. SENIORS FOR OBAMA!!!

2,329 posts, read 6,631,507 times
Young people are the problem? Aren't baby boomers the ones in charge and who have screwed our country up to the point its at now?

Last edited by via chicago; 11-03-2008 at 07:44 AM..

Old 11-03-2008, 07:37 AM

307 posts, read 715,208 times
You all are crazy, get over yourselves! People can vote for whoever they want. I guess you can sit around and be mad about it but don't you have better things to do with your time?

Like someone said how is that any different than someone voting for McCain just because they are afraid their guns will be taken away. I met someone like that yesterday and that is the only issue he is voting on, that and he doesn't think a black person should be pres. Does that sound like a good reason to you? It doesn't to me but I just rolled my eyes and moved on, you can't control everyone!

Old 11-03-2008, 07:42 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,627,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hate Shrubs View Post
So the future of our country are idiots.

I wouldnt call them IDIOTS, more like the blind leading the blind!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections