Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2014, 02:37 PM

435 posts, read 420,288 times

Advertisements

Майдан прощається із загиблими Героями / #Євромайдан - YouTube

I am from Ukraine.
We will not forget...and you not forget please...never.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2014, 02:58 PM

2,973 posts, read 1,973,086 times
Ukraine has 27 first level administrative divisions: 24 Oblasts, 1 Autonomous Republic (Crimea), and 2 cities with special status (Kiev and Sevastopol).

An optimal solution would be for Yanukovych to bring Crimea, Sevastopol, and 8 Oblasts in East/South Ukraine to join the Russian Federation as one of Russia's federal subjects.
Kiev and the remaining 16 Oblasts Center/Western Ukraine will continue to represent Ukraine.

Old 02-23-2014, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscovite View Post
They have this right. But you live in the USA. I don't deny the fact that it's a first world country.

Ukraine isn't. People show that they are brave, but are they ready for economical challenges, do they have experts and economic plans?
It will be very heavily us but we will survive. We did the first and the most important step....
Now set up a new government and we will stop him bringing NEW Ukraine.

Old 02-23-2014, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Ukraine has 27 first level administrative divisions: 24 Oblasts, 1 Autonomous Republic (Crimea), and 2 cities with special status (Kiev and Sevastopol).

An optimal solution would be for Yanukovych to bring Crimea, Sevastopol, and 8 Oblasts in East/South Ukraine to join the Russian Federation as one of Russia's federal subjects.
Kiev and the remaining 16 Oblasts Center/Western Ukraine will continue to represent Ukraine.
Yanukovych eloped and will never return anymore we hope.

Old 02-23-2014, 03:17 PM

2,973 posts, read 1,973,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post
Yanukovych eloped and will never return anymore we hope.
He is in Kharkiv right now and will gather his supporters for a strike back.

Old 02-23-2014, 03:19 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,489,019 times
You guys made it on our local news station here in middle america.
which is big because its rare for our news to report on events outside the united states

Old 02-23-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTarge13 View Post
It does not look good! I saw the same news footage.

The nation seems very divided. The key issue seems to be which way the Ukraine should align itself. Should it favor Russia or a Western influence (USA).

Unfortunately for the Ukraine, the reports are that the people are pretty evenly split in their opinions on this key issue.

We can only hope that some real leadership emerges that will calm the violence and find a real solution.
A dissidence is indeed observed due to the opponents of entry of ukrainy in ES. Mainly it is acts of provocation of Russia which loses influence and very is afraid of it. Now provocative actions, organized the supporters of Russia, go on a south and east of Ukrainy. And democratically to decide it very difficultly for a new government.

Old 02-23-2014, 03:38 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,802,696 times
I hope and pray that Ukraine's future will be better than its past, which was full of violence (hundreds of thousands dying in the 20th century alone) and partition.

History of Ukraine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I wonder what role the churches are playing in what is currently going on. I don't think many of the young protesters are churchgoers.

Old 02-23-2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti-USA View Post
I advise that the Ukrainian people to stand up against that revolutionThis is the same game played by America and Europe in my country (egypt) and Syria and Libya
usa and eu don't care about ukrainian They just want to isolate and destroy Russia so they trying use ukrain
This is the same scenario in egypt and syria and lybia
They use their media to persuade the Ukrainian people with lies
At the same time, use the traitors and spies to burn Ukraine

usa and eu using Fourth generation warfare (Destroyed yourself by yourself) (search on you tube)
Ukrainians must revolt against the traitors and spies of America and the European Union
Until now they are trying to support the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt and Syria
But good thing is that the Egyptian people discovered the plot and still erupts against traitors in goverments and streets
Ukrainian people must remain one hand against the plots of America and Europe like egyptians Or ukraine will become, like Syria and Libya in the end

ES very long waited and interfered only then, when for us began to kill people...To it there was only a demagogy in the internet and on television, and no help. And when Ukrainians stood on end and built a wall which all politicians were hidden after, after it hidden ES.... And now we are very difficult to trust their words....

Old 02-23-2014, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
He is in Kharkiv right now and will gather his supporters for a strike back.
Yes, he going to ride east. But trust me him nobody will never support already. He is a coward, gave order to shoot in people, and then eloped....He must be to look in eyes to the people and to display courage... East voted for him only because people are frightened there. if they do not vote, they are discharged from an office, deprive apartments et al. But people no longer are afraid... Yanukovych political dead. And if he will appear on an area, people will tear to pieces him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe