Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2014, 03:54 PM

435 posts, read 420,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
You guys made it on our local news station here in middle america.
which is big because its rare for our news to report on events outside the united states

I want, that you knew that takes place. Now many countries have wrong information...And does not know why we did revolution. I can not read a lie on foreign forums.It very offensively.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2014, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
I hope and pray that Ukraine's future will be better than its past, which was full of violence (hundreds of thousands dying in the 20th century alone) and partition.

History of Ukraine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I wonder what role the churches are playing in what is currently going on. I don't think many of the young protesters are churchgoers.

Thank you. Unfortunately we already had revolution in 2004, but politicians betrayed us. Life became such bad, that we hated anymore... And in 2014 on the second revolution in us began to shoot....And it is the last straw. I am 28 years, and I want that I and my children could living by the normal civilized life. I hope we will obtain it.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1alker View Post
True that. Iraq was invaded because Saddam threatened to quit trading oil in dollars. Same thing with Syria, Libya, etc. It's funny that fellow Americans actually believe this is all about "spreading freedom and democracy". Anyone who refuses to play ball with America, the IMF, the world bank, is swiftly dealt with.
I hope that if Ukraine will become part of game of the USA, the USA will be very careful and we will be helped indeed... Now Ukrainians disbelieve nobody, and if America will betray us, it will make off the real bloodshed from both sides... It is impossible such to assume.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coseau View Post
Seems the future of Ukraine is heading towards is not going to be pretty ugly. A bloody civil war similar to the current situation in Syria could happen if the opposition isn't crushed immediately or it turn out like the current situation in Egypt where emergency measures were taken to suppress groups deemed politically unacceptable to the military. My bet is the opposition gets crushed in about 7 to 10 days due to the government already has them isolated and surrounded and most of them will get rounded up and in put in prison.
I hope you will lose your bet.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coseau View Post
Looks like i was totally wrong. Seems the military may have split loyalties and cannot be counted upon to to back the state hence the pursuance of a truce after the escalation of aggressive force. I don't know who is advising Yanukovych but whoever is doing so is not giving him good advice. The decision to escalate the use of force has openly exposed Yanukovych's major weakness in that he doesn't have complete loyalty with the armed forces with possibly a majority of the armed forces may side with the opposition.

Yes, Yanukovych passed a border. Peaceful revolution was 3 months, while power did not make condition to halt. And Yanukovych dunderheaded politician. He thought that a weapon will be frightened by a population and they will abandon an area. But Ukrainians did not abandon... He had a chance to agree, but he did not use him and preferred to shoot...

Штурм майдана 18 02 19 02 2014 Евромайдан 18 февраля 19 февраля - YouTube

Old 02-23-2014, 04:56 PM

1,863 posts, read 5,149,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post
I hope you will lose your bet.
+1

Don't worry. He already lost his bet

Old 02-23-2014, 04:57 PM

And if to be distracted... Two days back opened the residence of Yanukovych for people. Simply shocked riches and luxury all population of Ukraine...A manor already entered in the book of records as the dearest in Europe... Today he was passed in a propert by the states and allowed there people on an excursion. Here reference, text translation is not needed, main- pictures.

В гостях у Януковича: экскурсия по Межигорью / Гордон

Old 02-23-2014, 08:12 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,677,577 times
I think Ukraine will have a good future, it showed it does not want to be mired in corruption and backwardness like Russia.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:15 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
You guys made it on our local news station here in middle america.
which is big because its rare for our news to report on events outside the united states
The problem is, that that's what's making the news everywhere in the US, but THIS - does not.

That's today's pro-Russia's huge meeting in Sebastopol, Crimea

Севастополь (23.02.2014) Митинг в городе герое Севастополе - YouTube

and this is - the welcoming of "Berkut" back home - (those special forces that took part in Maidan's events) in yet another Eastern Ukrainian city - Donezk.

Встреча 'Беркут' Донецк 23 02 2014 - YouTube

( We should pay attention that neither Putin, nor Russian troops are anywhere around - it's all taking place independently from him/them.)
Yet if anything like this will happen in the future, my fellow Americans sitting on the couch and watching the tube after dinner will ask yet again in bedazzlement; "Now what's going on here?
The last thing we remember were all those happy faces of victorious Ukrainians, then what's his name... Yanukovi.. gone and... (pass me another bag of chips - will you, ) what the heck happened?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe