Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2018, 01:17 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,854,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
None of your crap has even a toe in the pond of fact DKM. Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE are all supporting terrorists. So is/was America. When ISIS came into Syria and became ISIL they traded sold oil from stolen wells all over the Arab world, especially Turkey. America KNEW this was going on. They could not have seen it. What did America do?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Russia came in and did something about it. Russias aid also turned the tide of the war. That's when America came in, when they needed to support their allies who were getting their asses handed to them. Unfortunately Americas terrorist aliies had other plans and were basically so untrustworthy that even that has failed. Syria and Assad are going to be around for a long time to come. Make no mistake of that and the only reason that is possible is because the Syrian PEOPLE want it that way.

Only a full scale invasion of Syria by NATO is going to change that and there's not many takers.
Sure sure, the whole 1/3 of Syria under SDF control after booting out ISIS... it exists only in my head? Was Raqqa a figment of my imagination? We could go on and on comparing Russian propaganda against reality in Syria and type a million words over and over again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2018, 01:20 PM
DKM

Back to Russia, its been 5 days since Maria pigface Zakharova declared a response will be coming to the latest sanctions on Russia. Any idea why that has been forgotten? Just empty rhetoric? Russia can't do anything about it, they already banned imported foods. Maybe ban Western vehicles? LOL

Old 04-12-2018, 01:23 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,299,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Share leadership WITH WHOM exactly?
With "democratic moderate Arabs?"
But Assad was as moderate and democratic as it gets, practically secular.
In the Middle East, where Islam rules, there is no some "democracy" western style, it's the other way around - leaders who actually tend to promote peaceful coexistence of people of different denominations, have to rule their countries with an iron fist, in order to fend off Islamists, who feel that this peaceful coexistence is abomination to true Islam. So these "moderate arabs" challenging Assad ( whoever they are) are minuscule number of people, that have no business challenging Assad, because the RADICALS are immediately jumping on the bandwagon of "freedom and democracy," sponsored and imported into the country by Saudis with American petrodollars.
So when Americans start stirring the pot in the Middle East, citing the "absence of democracy" in Syria, I wonder whether it's a manifestation of stupidity, or downright straight lies and hypocrisy?

Whichever way it is, yes, I do believe that the blood of these Syrian children is on the hands of Americans in this case.

I could not have said it better....

Old 04-12-2018, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Sure sure, the whole 1/3 of Syria under SDF control after booting out ISIS... it exists only in my head? Was Raqqa a figment of my imagination? We could go on and on comparing Russian propaganda against reality in Syria and type a million words over and over again.
Intelligent people think and take time to act...they do not tweet......there are a lot of American firms still doing business in Russia....response will arrive, rest assured.

By the way, some food for thought....I read an essay from the Brookings Institution, they modeled a total "Iran style" sanction regime on Russia with the country turning to autarky and, for their own admission, the result was a very likely long decline in living standard in Russia.
Russia would easily survive but very likely (4 scenarios out of 5) not thrive.....let's say it, again, they modeled autarky ignoring the 5000 pounds gorilla in the room.....the world is not the West.....do you think Asia will stop trading with Russia?? China?? Latin America?? Africa?? Western isolated Russia would still be in a far far better situation that the old Soviet Union was trade wise. Not to mention that a totally western isolated Russia would be willing to play dirty as much as it likes feeling completely liberated of any world commerce rules (which are a farce anyway) when it comes to dealing with western nations.....the fastest growing areas of the world (economy and demography) are not in the west. Russia will be integral part of the One Belt Road initiative, like it or not, so I strongly suggest the west to drop the temper tantrum, behave like adults, sit at the table and stop pulling crap like the Ukraine situation.

Finally, isolating a country capable of pulverizing the west few times over is not a wise strategy. Sanctions will be lifted eventually, I'm ready to bet on that....even this Brookings Institute study clearly stated that Russia isolation from the west is highly unlikely....the geopolitical planners in the west simply have to realize that the NATO expansion is over and so is the era of doing as you please in the Middle East.....give time to digest that and get over their hissy fit.

Last edited by saturno_v; 04-12-2018 at 02:16 PM..

Old 04-12-2018, 01:41 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,567,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
I could not have said it better....
ISIS was essentially a placeholder for the US to come in to acquire land under the guise of fighting terrorism. The embedded foreign special operations personnel, the high-level ISIS commanders and mercenaries, and others have been moved out. What was defeated for the most part are the locals who were coerced into joining ISIS. If one looks at the maps today, ISIS retains several enclaves inside US-held territory far behind the frontlines with the Turks and the Syrian government. They are safe to establish training bases. They have access to US military transport to quickly mobilize in other areas of Syria, Afghanistan, or other theaters.

The original plan was for the Free Syrian Army to be the good guys that the US public would support in a fight against Assad. There was no public support for a direct intervention. As conceded by Obama, the public saw through the lies because of their experience with Iraq and had no interest in another war. ISIS was already in place fighting the Syrian government and committing atrocities like the other CIA-backed units. Plan B was launched to demonize ISIS to mobilize public support for military intervention. There was no buildup of the ISIS bogeyman before the US and UK governments attempted to get legal authorization for war in late 2013 and failed.

Last edited by lchoro; 04-12-2018 at 01:51 PM..

Old 04-12-2018, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
ISIS was essentially a placeholder for the US to come in to acquire land under the guise of fighting terrorism. The embedded foreign special operations personnel, the high-level ISIS commanders and mercenaries, and others have been moved out. What was defeated for the most part are the locals who were coerced into joining ISIS. If one looks at the maps today, ISIS retains several enclaves inside US-held territory far behind the frontlines with the Turks and the Syrian government. They are safe to establish training bases. They have access to US military transport to quickly mobilize in other areas of Syria, Afghanistan, or other theaters.

The original plan was for the Free Syrian Army to be the good guys that the US public would support in a fight against Assad. There was no public support for a direct intervention. People saw through the lies because of their experience with Iraq. ISIS was already in place fighting the Syrian government and committing atrocities like the other CIA-backed units. Plan B was launched to demonize ISIS to mobilize public support for military intervention. There was no buildup of ISIS before the administrations in both the US and UK attempted to get legal authorization in late 2013 and failed.
Can you imagine after the "incident" few days ago if Syria had no Russian support?? It would be carpet bombing already with the hosts of MSNBC praising "our beautiful weapons" (remember the 2017 bombing when suddenly all the mainstream media was for Trump?? "He become president tonight" someone said LOL)

This video is so funny....and so sadly true!!! Kudos to the person that made it!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BOnAY9HtpY

Old 04-12-2018, 02:22 PM
DKM

Quote:
Intelligent people think...they do not tweet......there are a lot of American firms still doing business in Russia....response will arrive, rest assured.
If they want to shut off badly needed foreign investment, the time is now to "respond". I don't see how the regime could survive without it so I doubt this will occur.

Quote:
Finally, isolating a country capable of pulverizing the west few times over is not a wise strategy. Sanctions will be lifted eventually, I'm ready to bet on that....even the Brookings Institute study declared that Russia isolation from the west is highly unlikely....the geopolitical planners in the west simply have to realize that the NATO expansion is over and so is the era of doing as you please in the Middle East.....give time to digest that and get over their hissy fit.
Having the ability to essentially suicide bomb the "west" isn't really much of a position to negotiate from. Sanctions will be lifted when the conditions are met, which will occur eventually. It might take another oil bust fueled 1991 scenario but so be it.

NATO expansion isn't over, we just added Montenegro last year. Next up is Macedonia. Just waiting for the Greeks to concede the name issue. We are patient.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
If they want to shut off badly needed foreign investment, the time is now to "respond". I don't see how the regime could survive without it so I doubt this will occur.
Sure, there is no other source of investment in the world...and a country that has pretty much anything under the sun in terms of resources cannot self finance itself right??

Quote:
Having the ability to essentially suicide bomb the "west" isn't really much of a position to negotiate from.
If you want a country to die, it may decide to take you with you...but I agree that is unlikely simply because the west is totally unable to strangle Russia economically....they could not even break Iran let alone Russia...

Quote:
NATO expansion isn't over, we just added Montenegro last year. Next up is Macedonia. Just waiting for the Greeks to concede the name issue. We are patient.
I want not talking about the handful of acres of land still left already de-facto surrounded by NATO anyway (by the way, Erdogan is already at odds with NATO), but eastward is definitely over.....no Georgia or Armenia...

Old 04-12-2018, 03:37 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,494,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Share leadership WITH WHOM exactly?
With "democratic moderate Arabs?"
But Assad was as moderate and democratic as it gets, practically secular.
In the Middle East, where Islam rules, there is no some "democracy" western style, it's the other way around - leaders who actually tend to promote peaceful coexistence of people of different denominations, have to rule their countries with an iron fist, in order to fend off Islamists, who feel that this peaceful coexistence is abomination to true Islam. So these "moderate arabs" challenging Assad ( whoever they are) are minuscule number of people, that have no business challenging Assad, because the RADICALS are immediately jumping on the bandwagon of "freedom and democracy," sponsored and imported into the country by Saudis with American petrodollars.
So when Americans start stirring the pot in the Middle East, citing the "absence of democracy" in Syria, I wonder whether it's a manifestation of stupidity, or downright straight lies and hypocrisy?

Whichever way it is, yes, I do believe that the blood of these Syrian children is on the hands of Americans in this case.
There are no moderate Arab nations. The only moderate country in the Middle East is Israel (maybe Jordan). Assad and the rebels are one and the same, in that they are both bad news. Sunni radicals are only part of the problem as there is a whole Shia faction being supported by Iran, who are easily just as extreme.

The objective of Islam, since it's inception has always been to spread across the world, as Muslims believe it to be the final word of God. I've talked to many of them in the past and most shared these views in some capacity. They view Judaism and Christianity as stepping stones, that are obsolete at this point.

Why am I the only one who can see the whole picture here? EVERYONE IS BAD

The solution is simple: Get all foreign powers to leave the Middle East and stop funding either Saudi Arabia or Iran. The only country that should be supported is Israel.

Old 04-12-2018, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Assad and the rebels are one and the same, in that they are both bad news. Sunni radicals are only part of the problem as there is a whole Shia faction being supported by Iran, who are easily just as extreme.
I beg to differ...Assad (a London educated Alawite) is not an acceptable political figure by western standards but is not anywhere close to the rebels...you could consider him "moderate" in the Middle Eastern context.

Last edited by saturno_v; 04-12-2018 at 03:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe