Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2015, 09:46 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,526,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post
I love икра! But not for breakfast...
You know, I thought of something for a moment ( since it's the "food" thread)))
The word "икра" in Russian means not only caviar as in "red" and "black," but actually a cooked ( and mixed with other vegetables and roasted garlic) eggplant is identified with the same word.
There was this old comedy back in the day with the famous scene, where the guy basically disregards black and red caviar and salivates over that "exotic" caviar lol)))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNfEd12OLQs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2015, 02:13 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,795,425 times
Danish breakfast:

Spoiler

Old 11-12-2015, 03:17 AM

919 posts, read 839,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Well, question then - what kind of alcohol goes well with Japanese food?
What do you usually drink over there with good dinner?
Sake (Japanese: 酒?), often spelled saké (IPA /ˈsɑːkeɪ/ sah-kay or /ˈsɑːki/ sah-kee)[1][2] in English, is a Japanese rice wine made by fermenting rice that has been polished to remove the bran.

Hot:

Cold:

Unfiltered Sake:

And Shōchū (焼酎?) is a Japanese distilled beverage less than 45% alcohol by volume. It is typically distilled from rice (kome), barley (mugi), sweet potatoes (imo), buckwheat (soba), or brown sugar (kokutō), though it is sometimes produced from other ingredients such as chestnut, sesame seeds, potatoes or even carrots.

Hot:

Cold:

These days many people drink wine with Sushi as well.

I don't drink alcohol anymore in general. I had too much alcohol before

Old 11-12-2015, 03:21 AM

Looks awesome! I might love it!

Old 11-12-2015, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
You know, I thought of something for a moment ( since it's the "food" thread)))
The word "икра" in Russian means not only caviar as in "red" and "black," but actually a cooked ( and mixed with other vegetables and roasted garlic) eggplant is identified with the same word.
There was this old comedy back in the day with the famous scene, where the guy basically disregards black and red caviar and salivates over that "exotic" caviar lol)))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNfEd12OLQs
Thanks for sharing!

イクラ or ikura in Japanese is a loanword from Russian. And I appreciate Russians taught us how to eat икра, which is one of my most favorite foods

Old 11-12-2015, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Danish breakfast:

I thought Danish would eat this everyday

Old 11-12-2015, 07:17 AM

504 posts, read 465,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ- View Post
Well, exactly, I love mashed potatoes but not plain. Whith rice it's GOOD. OK, OK, I'm out with my strange mixtures...
DJ, you'll be pleased to know that ALL the hi-brow restaurants in the UK call it "pommes puree"!

I love it too, but not with rice in. Needs to be mashed (almost whipped) until super-smooth, with milk and a little cream. The perfect finish is a little truffle oil drizzled over.

Perfect with a crispy-skin fried piece of sea bass and petit pois cooked en papillote with butter, thyme and a splash of vin blanc.

And you thought we Brits only ate chips?

Old 11-12-2015, 03:31 PM

10,889 posts, read 2,190,177 times
Quote:
Looks awesome! I might love it!
They're tomates farcies. My mother used to do that a lot before, I don't like the tomatoes but I love the farce in it.... because there's rice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 640TAG View Post
DJ, you'll be pleased to know that ALL the hi-brow restaurants in the UK call it "pommes puree"!
Hi-brow, I guess it means pricey, stuffy restaurants for the rich and the elite... ? So, pomme puree... well, pleased, I don't know, but they do what they want, hein. Weird still.

Quote:
I love it too, but not with rice in. Needs to be mashed (almost whipped) until super-smooth, with milk and a little cream. The perfect finish is a little truffle oil drizzled over.
Not with rice you said.
Oh, you like your mashed potatoes that smooth ? ... the less smooth it is the better for me.
No oil whatsover on my beloved mashed potatoes, not even on pastas.

Woa, I got all fancy with my colors, hope you can read it lol.

Quote:
Perfect with a crispy-skin fried piece of sea bass and petit pois cooked en papillote with butter, thyme and a splash of vin blanc.
You really eat that ?

Quote:
And you thought we Brits only ate chips?
Haha.

I want this, don't laugh : http://auroreinparis.files.wordpress...2-1024x768.jpg

Old 11-12-2015, 07:45 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,667,395 times
Nothing quite like french cuisine.

Old 11-12-2015, 08:20 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,526,584 times
Quote:
Sake (Japanese: 酒?), often spelled saké (IPA /ˈsɑːkeɪ/ sah-kay or /ˈsɑːki/ sah-kee)[1][2] in English, is a Japanese rice wine made by fermenting rice that has been polished to remove the bran.

Hot:

Cold:

Unfiltered Sake:

And Shōchū (焼酎?) is a Japanese distilled beverage less than 45% alcohol by volume. It is typically distilled from rice (kome), barley (mugi), sweet potatoes (imo), buckwheat (soba), or brown sugar (kokutō), though it is sometimes produced from other ingredients such as chestnut, sesame seeds, potatoes or even carrots.

Hot:

Cold:

These days many people drink wine with Sushi as well.

I don't drink alcohol anymore in general. I had too much alcohol before
Sake is rice WINE?
What do you know, and I always thought that it was yet another kind of vodka. Vodka made from grain, from potatoes, and this one - from rice))) Whoever has whatever handy, makes vodka out of it))))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe