Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2018, 02:27 PM

24 posts, read 40,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
It's the whole "I'm superior because I buy only things that are hard or impossible to find in a regular grocery store."

It's pretty easy to name a bunch of items I like to keep stock of in my house that aren't available in 90% of grocery stores. Do you know why they aren't regularly stocked? Because the people the store serves are not requesting the items.

No tri-tip on the meat shelves? Who cares? There's a butcher literally next to the meat counter who will cut you anything you want.

No organic chicken? Huh?? "Looking for an organic option? Our GreenWise organic chicken is USDA-certified organic, water-chilled, fed a 100% organic vegetarian diet, and raised with no antibiotics or added hormones ever (federal regulations prohibit the use of hormones in poultry)."

Seafood mostly from Asia? Are you aware that Publix has PAGES of seafood that you can get? Not just the stuff you see on the shelf? Lots of it is local, lots of it Atlantic, etc.

No organic bell peppers? Are you sure? Last I checked, they carry Pero Organic bell peppers, as well as the bagged miniature ones.

I'm not here to praise Publix like it's a God among grocery stores (it isn't) but some of these posts are just baseless false nonsense. The same type of people who probably turn up their noses at people who shop at Save-a-Lot or Wal-Mart (which I don't, by the way, but won't go around bashing the stores or the people who like them.)
I like to buy my produce from a specific store that is only deep in Orlando and Jacksonville, and my seafood from an actual seafood store, but when I'm not in those specific areas, Publix works just fine. It's a generic grocery store, and it does a good job at it.

By the way, the whole "Southern" thing makes no sense, considering the majority of Publix clientele in Florida are transplants.
It's all starting to make sense. Publix gets away with tricking people with its low-scale selection and your response is the perfect example why. Again I think it's because people in Florida have never seen a better grocery store that Publix gets away with this, but I digress.

Here is a photo of the Greenwise chicken section at my Publix (and a close-up of one of the labels). If you will notice, that's a big huge section of Greenwise chicken. But upon closer inspection, none of the chicken is actually organic. It has a Greenwise label, but it's not organic. Publix does this with a lot of its GreenWise products. They are Greenwise products but they are not USDA certified organic. The USDA organic seal is missing. when I asked the meat guy where the organic chicken breasts were, he said we have none.

No local seafood or organic peppers at my Publix either. But they do have an enormous selection of canned food and hot dogs.

I think Publix should open a new chain of stores that has all Greenwise products. Everyone in Florida would rave and go crazy for it. They would think they are buying all-organic food. Oh wait. They already do. It's called Publix Greenwise Supermarket!
Attached Thumbnails
Is there anything better (grocery-wise) than Publix in Florida?-img_8307.jpg   Is there anything better (grocery-wise) than Publix in Florida?-img_8308.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2018, 03:07 PM

Quote:
It's the whole "I'm superior because I buy only things that are hard or impossible to find in a regular grocery store."

It's pretty easy to name a bunch of items I like to keep stock of in my house that aren't available in 90% of grocery stores. Do you know why they aren't regularly stocked? Because the people the store serves are not requesting the items.

No tri-tip on the meat shelves? Who cares? There's a butcher literally next to the meat counter who will cut you anything you want.

No organic chicken? Huh?? "Looking for an organic option? Our GreenWise organic chicken is USDA-certified organic, water-chilled, fed a 100% organic vegetarian diet, and raised with no antibiotics or added hormones ever (federal regulations prohibit the use of hormones in poultry)."

Seafood mostly from Asia? Are you aware that Publix has PAGES of seafood that you can get? Not just the stuff you see on the shelf? Lots of it is local, lots of it Atlantic, etc.

No organic bell peppers? Are you sure? Last I checked, they carry Pero Organic bell peppers, as well as the bagged miniature ones.

I'm not here to praise Publix like it's a God among grocery stores (it isn't) but some of these posts are just baseless false nonsense. The same type of people who probably turn up their noses at people who shop at Save-a-Lot or Wal-Mart (which I don't, by the way, but won't go around bashing the stores or the people who like them.)
I like to buy my produce from a specific store that is only deep in Orlando and Jacksonville, and my seafood from an actual seafood store, but when I'm not in those specific areas, Publix works just fine. It's a generic grocery store, and it does a good job at it.

By the way, the whole "Southern" thing makes no sense, considering the majority of Publix clientele in Florida are transplants.
In addition, neither organic chicken nor organic peppers nor local seafood are "impossible" or "hard to find" items. It's not like I am expecting to find locally raised chicken (god forbid). I am just expecting to find organic chicken, which most stores have now. Even Walmart and Aldi have organic peppers and organic chicken. You should stop making excuses for Publix and demand better quality.

Old 03-22-2018, 03:31 PM

17,211 posts, read 15,412,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfloridian41 View Post
In addition, neither organic chicken nor organic peppers nor local seafood are "impossible" or "hard to find" items. It's not like I am expecting to find locally raised chicken (god forbid). I am just expecting to find organic chicken, which most stores have now. Even Walmart and Aldi have organic peppers and organic chicken. You should stop making excuses for Publix and demand better quality.
The Publix by my house has these items. I'm not making excuses for Publix. I'm merely stating what I see at my local store.

And "people in Florida haven't seen better." Excuse me, what? Isn't it pretty much universally understood that the majority of people in Florida are NOT from Florida? A high percentage being transplants from the North?

Old 03-22-2018, 03:32 PM

17,211 posts, read 15,412,961 times
Quote:

I think Publix should open a new chain of stores that has all Greenwise products. Everyone in Florida would rave and go crazy for it. They would think they are buying all-organic food. Oh wait. They already do. It's called Publix Greenwise Supermarket!
And now I really believe you are either trolling or completely oblivious to your surroundings, as this has existed for quite some time.

Old 03-23-2018, 06:48 AM

6,428 posts, read 4,920,252 times
The OP has 14 posts all trashing Publix. If they don't like Publix then they can shop elsewhere. They are not going to change any minds here. They are just a Troll and if you ignore them they will go away.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
The OP has 14 posts all trashing Publix. If they don't like Publix then they can shop elsewhere. They are not going to change any minds here. They are just a Troll and if you ignore them they will go away.
I understand the childish defensiveness. People in Texas are the same way about HEB. They blindly rave about it and get upset if anyone criticizes it. asking legitimate questions and posing legitimate critiques is not "trolling." As you can see, I'm not the only one who feels this way. Without people complaining, publix can never know what it is doing wrong and that it needs to fix these problems. now that florida is a state full of transplants who have shopped at much better stores, Publix needs to improve.

Old 03-23-2018, 10:10 AM

459 posts, read 586,106 times
Quote:
I understand the childish defensiveness. People in Texas are the same way about HEB. They blindly rave about it and get upset if anyone criticizes it. asking legitimate questions and posing legitimate critiques is not "trolling." As you can see, I'm not the only one who feels this way. Without people complaining, publix can never know what it is doing wrong and that it needs to fix these problems. now that florida is a state full of transplants who have shopped at much better stores, Publix needs to improve.

Another thought - look at this as an opportunity for YOU. First you will need to avail yourself of some basic protection available here:
https://zapatopi.net/afdb/

Why don't YOU and some investors build your own grocery outlet and go 100% organic? Make a fortune and be your own boss with an unlimited supply of the finest of the finest. Probably make millions along the way from people just like you wanting the best organic available.

You could even brand it as the "New Floridian" or Florida's Choice"

OR

Whack Job Grocery ..... lol

Old 03-23-2018, 10:14 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,018,114 times
Quote:
And "people in Florida haven't seen better." Excuse me, what? Isn't it pretty much universally understood that the majority of people in Florida are NOT from Florida? A high percentage being transplants from the North?
People only use that argument when it suits their agenda. In this case, it doesn't.

Ask why their precious Kroger isn't still in Florida, BTW (It went by Super RX then).

Old 03-23-2018, 12:57 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,422,510 times
Yep Pero Farms peppers are easily found at Publix. I’ve been to the farm, it’s just west of where I work.

Old 03-23-2018, 03:26 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,226,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDBmodem View Post
Keep in mind friend, websites like this hire TONS of PAID POSTERS to promote all kinds of agenda....social, business and political. Beware of people who logon 24/7 and are Helpful Helens, with thousands upon thousands of posts...it's their JOB daily to be on the internet to drive traffic or simply to create opinions, support ideas, condemn positions, and criticize key businesses. Anyone logging on and keeps their system on is subscribing to certain threads in order to respond or shape philosophies or opinions.
No worse than the ones that keep getting banned and come back with similar names
like ID3modem and ID8modem. Do you know those guys?

Looks like they might be paid posters too with some kind of lame Publix fetish. I think they used to go by the name Shekie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida