Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2018, 04:01 PM

4,476 posts, read 3,844,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHfan View Post
No worse than the ones that keep getting banned and come back with similar names
like ID3modem and ID8modem. Do you know those guys?

Looks like they might be paid posters too with some kind of lame Publix fetish. I think they used to go by the name Shekie.
LOL!!!!!!!!!! Indeed. So. Many. Conspiracies.

I would like to know who pays people for this alleged job.

Where is this job that pays you to spend all day on the Internet posting stupid junk on City Data?

And I can do it from my Maui condo?

LOL!!!!!!! Where can I apply?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2018, 07:39 PM

17,148 posts, read 15,357,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
LOL!!!!!!!!!! Indeed. So. Many. Conspiracies.

I would like to know who pays people for this alleged job.

Where is this job that pays you to spend all day on the Internet posting stupid junk on City Data?

And I can do it from my Maui condo?

LOL!!!!!!! Where can I apply?
There are COUNTLESS jobs that require workers to spend their days posting either promotional reviews and posts or bashful ones on social media sites and forums. Do you really not know that this exists? No, you won’t be in a Maui condo doing this, as these jobs typically pay $10-$13/hr. They are often labeled as “marketing” jobs. Are you really not aware of this?

Old 03-24-2018, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
There are COUNTLESS jobs that require workers to spend their days posting either promotional reviews and posts or bashful ones on social media sites and forums. Do you really not know that this exists? No, you won’t be in a Maui condo doing this, as these jobs typically pay $10-$13/hr. They are often labeled as “marketing” jobs. Are you really not aware of this?
Sure thing.

Old 04-10-2018, 12:32 PM

5 posts, read 3,122 times
Can't believe Publix doesn't have curbside pickup. Really miss Kroger in GA right now. I used to click one button on my phone and re-order the same groceries every week. I would drive to store. They would load them into my truck and the whole grocery shopping adventure took only 5 minutes. Plus it was all free. No fees. Publix really needs to get with the current times.

Old 04-10-2018, 01:16 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,389,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susieheinan View Post
Can't believe Publix doesn't have curbside pickup. Really miss Kroger in GA right now. I used to click one button on my phone and re-order the same groceries every week. I would drive to store. They would load them into my truck and the whole grocery shopping adventure took only 5 minutes. Plus it was all free. No fees. Publix really needs to get with the current times.
We are seeing more and more of this type of shopping and a lot of it with delivery as well. Malls are closing and even strip malls are beginning to have a tough time. Publix will learn before long.

Old 04-10-2018, 02:06 PM

17,148 posts, read 15,357,409 times
Meh... if I don’t feel like going into the store, I just order online and get it delivered to my house. Otherwise, I’m one of the people who actually enjoys to walk through the aisles. Lots of times I end up buying extra items I hadn’t planned to purchase.

Old 04-10-2018, 02:33 PM

5 posts, read 6,094 times
Publix is the best grocery store we have to my knowledge. I'm not sure what you want, it's a store to go buy food that you eat at a later date...

Old 04-10-2018, 07:04 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,113,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Meh... if I don’t feel like going into the store, I just order online and get it delivered to my house. Otherwise, I’m one of the people who actually enjoys to walk through the aisles. Lots of times I end up buying extra items I hadn’t planned to purchase.
I too like going through the aisles. I like online shopping for many items, but groceries are not one of them.

Old 04-11-2018, 07:24 AM

6,408 posts, read 4,901,771 times
I really enjoy shopping at my Publix. I like going up and down each aisle and remembering what I came in for, plus I get to peruse the specials. Its not like its Walmart where I can't wait to leave.

Old 04-11-2018, 11:52 AM

"I like to walk the aisles" or "I'm not too lazy to do my own groceries" sounds exactly like the people who said 10 years ago "I'm not gonna buy shoes online" or "I like to go to stores and malls and look around and walk".

Today those same people order their Keds online and I'm not sure where they are walking and looking around, but it's not at Westshore Mall in Tampa, or North Point Mall in Atlanta that's for sure!

http://deadmalls.com/

Today, cardboard boxes from Amazon (and others) litter every street, people are ordering entire meals from places like California, and the last time I was in a McDonald's, there were more Uber Eats drivers than regular customers.

Yes, A LOT of people are Uber-ing their Big Macs and McNuggets to their homes. Because yes, they are too lazy to even go through a fast food drive-through. Or maybe they would rather spend the time wasted going to a restaurant or store, reading a book to their kid?

My sister just ordered six pizzas from Lou Malnati's in Chicago, since she "can't find decent pizza in Florida." Overnight free shipping. Then you wonder why restaurants go out of business so often in Florida. People are now able to order pizza cross-country!

This evolution is coming for the grocery sector.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida