Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2018, 02:35 PM

5 posts, read 3,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexLan View Post
Hopefully you don't have a family and offer them the same crap every week - forever.

If you are too lazy to buy groceries you should just do without or live in the fast food drive up lane while you cruise your phone!.

I really resent this idea that shopping online is for lazy people. If you have the luxury of spending hours at the store gazing at the peaches, well then good for you. I have a husband and two children and two jobs (no thanks to Obama OR Trump). Being able to do the groceries in 5 minutes is a Godsend for me. I cannot imagine going back to the days of having to spend hours at the store, whether it's shopping for shoes or shopping for steaks. If Publix doesn't provide online pickup, I will just shop at places that do. Yes I re-order the same apples, bananas, chicken breasts, steaks, granola bars and cheese every week. All I have to do is open the Kroger app or the Walmart app on my phone and click "reorder". I plan my menus in advance and It takes the thinking out of shopping completely. All of the stores in Georgia have online pickup, which I love because unlike Instacart delivery, it's free. Publix should have pickup. They load the groceries in your trunk and even give you coupons and samples in a gift bag through the window of your car. It's something other stores have had for a decade. shame on Publix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2018, 07:07 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,406,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susieheinan View Post
I really resent this idea that shopping online is for lazy people. If you have the luxury of spending hours at the store gazing at the peaches, well then good for you. I have a husband and two children and two jobs (no thanks to Obama OR Trump). Being able to do the groceries in 5 minutes is a Godsend for me. I cannot imagine going back to the days of having to spend hours at the store, whether it's shopping for shoes or shopping for steaks. If Publix doesn't provide online pickup, I will just shop at places that do. Yes I re-order the same apples, bananas, chicken breasts, steaks, granola bars and cheese every week. All I have to do is open the Kroger app or the Walmart app on my phone and click "reorder". I plan my menus in advance and It takes the thinking out of shopping completely. All of the stores in Georgia have online pickup, which I love because unlike Instacart delivery, it's free. Publix should have pickup. They load the groceries in your trunk and even give you coupons and samples in a gift bag through the window of your car. It's something other stores have had for a decade. shame on Publix.
In today's society, unlike years ago, this is a way to reduce stress and save time.

Old 04-12-2018, 06:44 AM

6,429 posts, read 4,920,252 times
https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...Grocery-Pickup

Old 04-12-2018, 07:30 AM

4,480 posts, read 3,855,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
Fake news.

That website doesn't work. It takes you to Instacart.

Publix is not doing curbside pickup.

Old 04-12-2018, 07:59 AM

4,480 posts, read 3,855,495 times
Walmart, however, is rolling out curbside pickup to most stores in Florida. So is Target.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...80412005643/en

Old 04-12-2018, 08:14 AM

459 posts, read 586,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susieheinan View Post

I didn't say shopping on-line was lazy - you did. However, expecting anyone to give curbside delivery to earn you business is well, let's just say stupid. Your solution is to punish Publix and not purchase from them ... hahaha.

Same old thing day after day because you are just too busy to buy your groceries ... my, my. It certainly does not take me HOURS to buy what I need.

If you really have to work 2 jobs there is a reason - think about it and adjust as required. You can't blame Obama or Trump - look in the mirror and you will see the guilty party.

Old 04-12-2018, 08:49 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,262,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Fake news.

That website doesn't work. It takes you to Instacart.

Publix is not doing curbside pickup.
No curbside pickup is not a problem. Not everyone needs curbside pickup to be successful.

Old 04-12-2018, 09:12 AM

17,206 posts, read 15,412,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexLan View Post
I didn't say shopping on-line was lazy - you did. However, expecting anyone to give curbside delivery to earn you business is well, let's just say stupid. Your solution is to punish Publix and not purchase from them ... hahaha.

Same old thing day after day because you are just too busy to buy your groceries ... my, my. It certainly does not take me HOURS to buy what I need.

If you really have to work 2 jobs there is a reason - think about it and adjust as required. You can't blame Obama or Trump - look in the mirror and you will see the guilty party.
This.

Excuse me but the whole pity party “I work two jobs have kids don’t have time to spend HOURS in the store” sounds ridiculous. I’m a single father of two, both who actively play competitive travel sports, and I work also. It’s never a chore to run into the store on my way back from work to buy groceries.
Ironically, I already find the cart helpers at Publix to be annoying. I’m already there, I have feet and arms, I can haul my stuff out myself. On the same token, if I’m already going to have to drive to the store to use curbside pickup, I might as well just go in, that was I can pick my own items and potentially see stuff on sale that I could use.

Old 04-12-2018, 03:17 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,422,510 times
^Agree.

I could see curbside pickup becoming almost as ridiculous as waiting through the drive through at Dunkin Donuts in morning.

If I have the urge to go there, I use the app and then walk into the store to get my breakfast.

And I’m out before the cars have moved.

Old 04-12-2018, 06:25 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,898,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
"I like to walk the aisles" or "I'm not too lazy to do my own groceries" sounds exactly like the people who said 10 years ago "I'm not gonna buy shoes online" or "I like to go to stores and malls and look around and walk".

Today those same people order their Keds online and I'm not sure where they are walking and looking around, but it's not at Westshore Mall in Tampa, or North Point Mall in Atlanta that's for sure!

DeadMalls.com

Today, cardboard boxes from Amazon (and others) litter every street, people are ordering entire meals from places like California, and the last time I was in a McDonald's, there were more Uber Eats drivers than regular customers.

Yes, A LOT of people are Uber-ing their Big Macs and McNuggets to their homes. Because yes, they are too lazy to even go through a fast food drive-through. Or maybe they would rather spend the time wasted going to a restaurant or store, reading a book to their kid?

My sister just ordered six pizzas from Lou Malnati's in Chicago, since she "can't find decent pizza in Florida." Overnight free shipping. Then you wonder why restaurants go out of business so often in Florida. People are now able to order pizza cross-country!

This evolution is coming for the grocery sector.
I am so old school,I live walking distance to a McDonald's and Publix,I have a car and yet I prefer to walk over.If I'm driving and going to a fast food place the only way I go through the drive thru is if the dining room is closed,80% of the time you go through the drive thru they either get the order wrong,forget something and all that does is make me angry,I prefer to just walk in and walk out knowing everything is there and correct.The same thing with somebody delivering me food,if it's more complicated than a pizza,I don't trust anybody to get it correct,same with giving my car to a valet,it ain't happening,I don't trust anyone,they'll get the order wrong,screw up your car,less issues this way.Now ordering a good pizza from Chicago,I might do something like that cause there's literally no good pizza places in Orlando.As far as buying clothes online I'm old school there too,main reason is sizing,unless I try something on I'm not comfortable buying something online,shoes that you know will fit,sure but most everything else the only reason I would buy online would be if I go to a store,try it on and see it for a good amount less online,that way I know it fits and I'm saving money.I hear all the lazy people talking,comments like I ordered 20 McNuggets from Uber Eats and I got 1 packet of sauce,stuff like that will aggravate me!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida