Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2018, 08:35 AM

6,428 posts, read 4,920,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogloverinFL View Post
We are in the process of moving from DC to Tampa and we are really going to miss Wegman's.
We moved from Buffalo and thought the same thing. We got used to the Florida grocery scene quickly and really don't miss Wegmans. Publix is fine and we augment it with Costco, BJ's, Trader Joes and Fresh Market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2018, 05:36 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,226,911 times
Paranoid ramblings of paid posters by someone that posts every day under numerous member names has no credibility.

A clickbait survey of a few thousand people doesn't really count for much either.

To me, there's no good reason to shop Publix when I can get the same thing someplace else cheaper. Denying myself some supposed customer service is the price I'll have to pay for a nice vacation on the savings.

I don't care where anyone else shops, it is a personal decision. I'm just glad there are options to do better and save money.

Old 05-11-2018, 10:18 AM

24 posts, read 40,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I'm, so glad you posted this article because it explains why some people love Publix and others don't.If you will notice the article says Publix ranks high on service, while Wegman's ranks high on specialty selection. People who like a big selection (like me) don't care about the service at Publix. I don't care if the cashiers or stockboys are nice to me. I care if the store has the food I want. The selection at Publix is no different than Walmart. Except for the bakery/deli, which are no different than Winn-Dixie.I would much prefer to have 20 different kinds of citrus to choose from (like HEB) and a bakery that has 20 different kinds of organic breads than to have nice cashiers...sorry. the one time I was in a Wegman's in Boston those stores are just like H-E-B. They are three times the size of a Publix. They even have sushi restaurants and pubs in the store. what I do now is I supplement everything missing from Publix with whole foods, costco and HEB online.

Old 05-11-2018, 03:45 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,422,510 times
For my purposes, the selection at Publix is totally different than Walmart!

Old 05-11-2018, 07:45 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,849,024 times
Does Walmart have quail eggs? My local Publix just started carrying them.

Old 05-12-2018, 01:53 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,845,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfloridian41 View Post
I'm, so glad you posted this article because it explains why some people love Publix and others don't.If you will notice the article says Publix ranks high on service, while Wegman's ranks high on specialty selection. People who like a big selection (like me) don't care about the service at Publix. I don't care if the cashiers or stockboys are nice to me. I care if the store has the food I want. The selection at Publix is no different than Walmart. Except for the bakery/deli, which are no different than Winn-Dixie.I would much prefer to have 20 different kinds of citrus to choose from (like HEB) and a bakery that has 20 different kinds of organic breads than to have nice cashiers...sorry. the one time I was in a Wegman's in Boston those stores are just like H-E-B. They are three times the size of a Publix. They even have sushi restaurants and pubs in the store. what I do now is I supplement everything missing from Publix with whole foods, costco and HEB online.
I'm with you, New. If I'm looking for the rice "Aisle six, halfway down on the left" is all the response I need. I don't want a guided tour complete with biography, financial report, movie reviews, latest scoreboard and the weather forecast, thank you, I just want to grab my stuff and get out of there - I've got other places to do my socializing.

Old 05-12-2018, 11:18 AM

7,682 posts, read 1,271,893 times
I'll be moving to FL in a few months and don't see much difference between what we have here in CT and what's in FL (outside of Stew Leonard's whose location is too far from where I am) Originally from upstate NY and living in Rochester during the 70s--the birthplace of Wegman's--there is no comparison. Wegman's had it all then and continues to get better. Yeah. I admit it. I'm spoiled.

A few years back, when my daughter was living in Savannah, GA we checked out a Lucky's which had just opened up. They have the "Whole Foods" vibe without the steep prices. Too bad they're not in Pinellas county where I plan to live.

Last edited by Daisy Grey; 05-12-2018 at 11:29 AM..

Old 05-12-2018, 11:22 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,434,870 times
A friend just posted about Lucky's Market. Apparently they have a beer and wine bar where you can get a glass of beer for $2 and wine for $3 while you shop. https://www.luckysmarket.com/stores/#

Old 05-12-2018, 11:28 AM

27,232 posts, read 43,956,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHere View Post
A friend just posted about Lucky's Market. Apparently they have a beer and wine bar where you can get a glass of beer for $2 and wine for $3 while you shop. https://www.luckysmarket.com/stores/#
They're okay, much more geared toward Millennials in my opinion. I'm impatiently awaiting the arrival of Earth Origins which are beginning to open across FL. They're much like Whole Foods (if you squint they look the same) and are priced better. https://www.earthfare.com/

Old 05-12-2018, 11:33 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,434,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Grey View Post
I'll be moving to FL in a few months and don't see much difference between what we have here in CT and what's in FL (outside of Stew Leonard's whose location is too far from where I am) Originally from upstate NY and living in Rochester during the 70s--the birthplace of Wegman's--there is no comparison. Wegman's had it all then and continues to get better. Yeah. I admit it. I'm spoiled.

A few years back, when my daughter was living in Savannah, GA we checked out a Lucky's which had just opened up. They have the "Whole Foods" vibe without the steep prices. Too bad they're not in Pinellas county where I plan to live.
They are in Sarasota and coming to St Pete in the summer https://www.luckysmarket.com/st-petersburg-florida/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida