Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2008, 06:49 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,872,241 times

Advertisements

Well, the glasstop won out in the end... found a five burner with a warming drawer... the oven has the hidden baking unit so it is easier to clean... all about the easy cleaning... Stove also gave out on me tonight so it is only the Nuker I have left to work with until they deliver the new and one on Thursday and haul that dead thing away... Hubby loved his WW Friendly dinner tonight. He had such few points used up this afternoon he was able to eat an apple with low fat caramel dip for dessert. I left him one happy camper when I went to get the stove tonight as he dipped away

Old 09-30-2008, 07:09 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,164,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
I too par boil............
VPCats....could you please explain what the heck flap meat is? It does not sound appetizing.

Welcome FlightAttendant. You will love it here. Great people that make you feel at home.

NJMike I would take them out of the casings and fry them up in a bit of olive oil and then add your other ingredients to make it go faster.
Oh no, it's delicious. It's called Churrasco in Spanish and the Argentinians call it Vacio. In English, it's called Flap meat. I get it at Costco although you can get it in any supermarket.

We usually just grill it. You can even season it with only some salt and it's great! You can pan fry it too. I take out all the fat from the bottom (or top) if it's not absolutely clean. Some fat always comes with it because it adds to the flavor and if you're grilling (BBQ) it cooks off anyway, but I still take it off first.

Try it.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:14 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I have 5 burner gas range top and two electic ovens.....one of which is convection.

Me too! I LOVE it

Old 09-30-2008, 07:15 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,946,624 times
We ended up having grilled brats, with peppers and onions, along with some cole slaw. Simple and good. BF is making a pumpkin pie-like dessert right now. Yes!!

Old 09-30-2008, 07:43 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,062,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
Hello to all,
I am new to this forum...I like the idea of getting good ideas from others on what to cook tonight. I love cooking and, if I do say so myself, I am very good at it.

Tonight I am making fajitas with queso fresco, avocado, tomato and lettuce. Sides of fresh corn and a nice big salad.

I am marinating some chicken pieces in the bitter orange juice that is sold in Latino markets. I love what it does for chicken when it is combined with fresh garlic, cumin, chili powder and cracked pepper. 24 hours in a plastic bag with the marinade and then onto the grill it goes. Yum...I must be in a Latina mood for food this week!! And I am Belgian LOL
HELLO!!! and welcome from me too! Your chicken sound delicious, I will try that soon.

Tonight I was seduced by the idea of Indian food, but the cop-out kind!!

The Pataks brand has appeared in my local supermarket, and it's not bad at all (I used to buy it all the time in UK).

.... so we had Chicken Tikka Marsala with a (kind of) Pilaw rice, (kind of) naan breads, and fresh cucumber-mint yoghurt, with Bringal pickle and Mago chutney. Not bad - I'm stuffed!!!

Old 09-30-2008, 07:46 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,746,160 times
I like the other names better VP........LOL

Old 09-30-2008, 07:47 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,759 times
Flight Attendant welcome. I think your really gonna like it on this thread. I do.
Crazyworld flap meat is similar to flank steak ( I believe) I have used it when I make carne asada. It is good can be a bit fatty though. Nothing that can't be trimmed off
Nomad I wish my hub would eat tomato soup and grilled cheese for dnner. I love both! Sounds good to me.
Elston our kitchens are very similar. Have you ever cook your bacon in the convection oven?

Ladies I need invites to these masage parties LOL to cute.
Dinner I had a salad with mango, kiwi, straberry, and a ginger vinigerette dressing. It was .... not a grilled cheese or yummy highlandsgal's brat but it was ok.
Cyn I heart you too

Old 09-30-2008, 07:53 PM

48,149 posts, read 22,013,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbaby27 View Post
Flight Attendant welcome. I think your really gonna like it on this thread. I do.
Crazyworld flap meat is similar to flank steak ( I believe) I have used it when I make carne asada. It is good can be a bit fatty though. Nothing that can't be trimmed off
Nomad I wish my hub would eat tomato soup and grilled cheese for dnner. I love both! Sounds good to me.
Elston our kitchens are very similar. Have you ever cook your bacon in the convection oven?

Ladies I need invites to these masage parties LOL to cute.
Dinner I had a salad with mango, kiwi, straberry, and a ginger vinigerette dressing. It was .... not a grilled cheese or yummy highlandsgal's brat but it was ok.
Cyn I heart you too
havent done my bacon in the convection oven....my DP doesnt like it crispy and not too bubbly either lol I watch it carefully on the range.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:14 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,338,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
You should have put the dirty dishes in her room.
That would have been a sure-fire guaranteed way not to see them again for the next six months or so, and I need those pots & pans...

But I like the way your thinking goes!

Old 09-30-2008, 08:16 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,778,915 times
Default Great leftover night

I made corn and crab bisque Sunday from scratch (stock from scratch also) so tonight is was leftover soup and a romaine salad with red wine vinigrette.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.