Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2008, 09:32 AM

50,382 posts, read 64,034,538 times

Advertisements

Chili tonight.
To weigh in about the beets... LOVE THEM!! especially cold pickled.
Nomad, I'll be adding your son to my prayers, but hoping he won't really need them.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:34 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECG1951 View Post
Good morning,Nomad How are you today? Did you sleep well?

I have a ? what is (My ETA is about 2 hours.)...ETA???
ECG that stands for "Estimated Time of Arrival"

For dinner tonight I don't really know at this point. So much right now to choose from and nothing sounds good. Lasts night's cheese sandwiches and tomato soup was good. Most likely we will eat the rest of the chili tonight over a baked potato. Nothing fancy but tasty.

A special thanks to all for your concerns and prayers now for our families. Don't know what I would do without all my CD friends going through this now. This is by far worse than when I went through the cancer diagnosis and then the surgery. This is the biggest battle I've ever faced.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:34 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,214,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I'll be honest HG...if I were only moving 2 miles I'd probably just toss a lot of the stuff in my car and make trips back and forth---at least for the small stuff. I probably wouldn't even bother packing some of it! Of course for the big stuff you need a truck.
That is what I was going to say, I'll add to it, use laundry baskets, load them up. Alot easier than than packing boxes. Pull the drawers out of dressers and load the dresser into the truck then put the drawers back in. Repeat process when you get to the place.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:40 AM

48,149 posts, read 22,016,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post

For dinner tonight I don't really know at this point. So much right now to choose from and nothing sounds good. Lasts night's cheese sandwiches and tomato soup was good. Most likely we will eat the rest of the chili tonight over a baked potato. Nothing fancy but tasty.

A special thanks to all for your concerns and prayers now for our families. Don't know what I would do without all my CD friends going through this now. This is by far worse than when I went through the cancer diagnosis and then the surgery. This is the biggest battle I've ever faced.
Nomadicus, I am holding you and your son in my prayers for health and healing and strength. I know that we all want to "be here" for you. I will see you here to discuss menu and food stuff, in the Cozy Inn for comraderie and at the word game for distraction.....Please know how much we all care.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:44 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,062,865 times
Quote:
This is the biggest battle I've ever faced.
Hopefully you don't feel you are facing it entirely alone. We are here for you and will do whatever we can to help

Look after yourself, too. Eat.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:03 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,636,683 times
Quote:
My dinner tonight is meatloaf. I took out one of those I froze a couple of months back. Now what to have with it............
I love meatloaf but it never seems to taste right in the UK !
Any good recipes or tips for it ?

Old 12-04-2008, 10:05 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,322,780 times
Quote:

It always seems easier to face our own pain and problems then our childrens. It hurts us so much more when it's them! We are here for you Nomadicus...and not just here on this thread but on different threads throughout the forum. People sincerely care!!

Old 12-04-2008, 10:17 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,747,076 times
I second what Cyn says Nomad.....when it is your child/children I don't care how old they are it is horrible. You never stop worrying.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:54 AM

849 posts, read 1,953,756 times
I'm thinking chicken...Maybe Tequila lime chicken, except that I'd use lemon instead of lime because I have a lemon tree and have lemons coming out of my ear...some sort of pasta on side with broccoli.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:55 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,947,287 times
Quote:
I'll be honest HG...if I were only moving 2 miles I'd probably just toss a lot of the stuff in my car and make trips back and forth---at least for the small stuff. I probably wouldn't even bother packing some of it! Of course for the big stuff you need a truck.
That's pretty much the plan. We did rent a truck for furniture and to clean out our storage unit that has our washer, dryer, more beds, treadmill, etc.

I am so excited to have our own washer/dryer back. I can do laundry whenever I want now! And ... ahem ... get back on the treadmill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink