Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2022, 08:55 AM

20,664 posts, read 4,433,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Just found this a couple of days ago, and it's by far the best frozen pizza I've ever had: Trader Joe's Roasted Garlic and Pesto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Well, since the topic is frozen pizza, I'll ask a question I've been thinking of asking frozen pizza makers.

I can bring home a frozen pizza from a local Mom & Pop pizzeria, freeze individual slices, and when reheated in the toaster oven they're just like fresh pizzeria pizza. I have yet to have any brand of frozen pizza (and I've tried a fair number of them) that's remotely close to pizzeria pizza, the crust just isn't the same. I wonder if it's the difficulty of making a good pizzeria style crust on a production line, cost, or? I'd gladly pay what I pay for a pizzeria pizza IF the frozen pizza was really as good.

Well the best frozen pizzeria pizza I've found is Motor City Pizza. I get it at my local Wallyworld.

https://www.motorcitypizzacompany.com/our-products

It has the handmade style cut toppings, and right mix of spices. The "Supreme" has best mix of pizzeria
flavor, ease of cooking. The only thing as good is DiGiorno Crispy Pan Crust: Pepperoni Or Supreme (if you can find it).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2022, 09:27 AM

26,420 posts, read 46,591,155 times
Daiya Fire Roasted Vegetable Pizza is great quality pizza, only issue is that it is too salty for my liking. It gets extra points for having excellent flavor for being vegan and gluten free.

Old 05-12-2022, 10:35 AM

27,220 posts, read 43,942,133 times
Home Run Inn Classic Pepperoni or Cheese Pizza, from Chicago but available nationwide. https://www.homeruninnpizza.com/froz...oduct/classic/

Old 05-12-2022, 12:30 PM
KCZ

4,676 posts, read 3,669,799 times
Recommend some that aren't salty. DiGiorno's, Freschetta, and most of the others I've tried are so salty that I can't eat more than a couple of bites.

Old 05-12-2022, 12:41 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk4042C View Post
Well the best frozen pizzeria pizza I've found is Motor City Pizza. I get it at my local Wallyworld.

https://www.motorcitypizzacompany.com/our-products

It has the handmade style cut toppings, and right mix of spices. The "Supreme" has best mix of pizzeria
flavor, ease of cooking.
The only thing as good is DiGiorno Crispy Pan Crust: Pepperoni Or Supreme (if you can find it).

But is the crust remotely close to that of a good pizzeria's crust?

Old 05-12-2022, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meekawal View Post
My own homemade pizza. I make it and freeze it. Nothing compares because you can make it the way you like it.

I've tried, with no joy. I have to wonder if pizzeria quality crus can be produced in the limited temperatures of a home oven?

Old 05-12-2022, 12:44 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Well, since the topic is frozen pizza, I'll ask a question I've been thinking of asking frozen pizza makers.

I can bring home a frozen pizza from a local Mom & Pop pizzeria, freeze individual slices, and when reheated in the toaster oven they're just like fresh pizzeria pizza. I have yet to have any brand of frozen pizza (and I've tried a fair number of them) that's remotely close to pizzeria pizza, the crust just isn't the same. I wonder if it's the difficulty of making a good pizzeria style crust on a production line, cost, or? I'd gladly pay what I pay for a pizzeria pizza IF the frozen pizza was really as good.
I would think cost. Even the more expensive frozen pizzas aren't more than 10 dollars a pizza. A good quality pizza from a local pizzeria is going to be at least twice as much.

Old 05-12-2022, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I would think cost. Even the more expensive frozen pizzas aren't more than 10 dollars a pizza. A good quality pizza from a local pizzeria is going to be at least twice as much.

But if it could be produced on a production line it'd likely be a bit less due to economy of scale. And IF it truly duplicated pizzeria pizza I'd happily pay > $15 for a large.

Old 05-12-2022, 02:20 PM

2,997 posts, read 3,104,915 times
Screamin' Sicilian

Old 05-12-2022, 02:27 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
Quote:
I've tried, with no joy. I have to wonder if pizzeria quality crus can be produced in the limited temperatures of a home oven?
The highest my stove can go was 550. Unless it was in cleaning mode and then it was locked. My pizzas were good. Not great.

My niece has a home propane stone pizza oven. She makes her own pizza dough, it does require it be a small more personal size pizza. But she can cook one in about two minutes perfectly. It might be like a minute 30. She does have to turn it, but boy they were great.

She also used real Italian pizza dough flour. It does make a difference.

https://www.amazon.com/Stoke-Gas-Piz...dexMainSlot=32
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink