Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2019, 08:22 PM

6,157 posts, read 7,226,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCB-CD View Post
Those are some really nice pictures. I love how they change the lights on the LFG tower for holidays now after they redid the lighting a year or two back.
Thanks. I've noticed they started playing jazz music on the speakers throughout Center City Park tonight. It was quite nice. Street musicians playing the saxophone. Greensboro is looking like a real city. Hopefully the weather will be nice next weekend for the Folk Festival. We have been lucky the last four years with no rain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2019, 08:05 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,961,003 times
Was just Downtown the other Day, Greensboro's CBD is really starting to come together, I especially like seeing activity on the Westin site, for a second i thought the project was scrapped, but they are indeed tearing more down and digging out more of the lot, all the while there appears to be alot more construction vehicles. Does anyone know when they will break Ground on the Carroll south Lot? correct me if i'm wrong, but the city is supposed to build an 8 story parking garage first, correct?

Old 09-03-2019, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zensteel View Post
Was just Downtown the other Day, Greensboro's CBD is really starting to come together, I especially like seeing activity on the Westin site, for a second i thought the project was scrapped, but they are indeed tearing more down and digging out more of the lot, all the while there appears to be alot more construction vehicles. Does anyone know when they will break Ground on the Carroll south Lot? correct me if i'm wrong, but the city is supposed to build an 8 story parking garage first, correct?
Yes construction on the 8 story deck for Carroll's lot is suppose to begin any day now. It will be built first so it can be completed in time for Project Slugger.

Old 09-04-2019, 12:06 PM

Roads are being closed and tents are being set up for the Folk Festival. Something I enjoy going to every year. The transition from the National Folk Festival to the North Carolina Folk Festival was seamless. The local arts group have done a fabulous job and you can't tell the difference between the two. Surprisingly the North Carolina Folk Festival ranks as one of the world's largest music festivals thanks to the National Arts Council picking Greensboro to host their National for three years. Surveys show that the majority of the people who attended the North Carolina Folk Festival last year were not from The Triad area. 40% of attendees hailed from the Triad. That's great to hear because we know its not just a Greensboro or Triad event.

Old 09-04-2019, 02:42 PM

1,459 posts, read 1,165,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Roads are being closed and tents are being set up for the Folk Festival. Something I enjoy going to every year. The transition from the National Folk Festival to the North Carolina Folk Festival was seamless. The local arts group have done a fabulous job and you can't tell the difference between the two. Surprisingly the North Carolina Folk Festival ranks as one of the world's largest music festivals thanks to the National Arts Council picking Greensboro to host their National for three years. Surveys show that the majority of the people who attended the North Carolina Folk Festival last year were not from The Triad area. 40% of attendees hailed from the Triad. That's great to hear because we know its not just a Greensboro or Triad event.
I'm sure that it has international appeal and has put Greensboro on the map.

Old 09-04-2019, 05:51 PM

597 posts, read 449,923 times
17, 33, 58....... who cares outside of this thread.. its a good event for Greensboro.... and hope this year is as successful as last year. Glad to see that its expanding its musical footprint downtown .. and hopefully the shops on Elm Street get more foot traffic as a result.

Old 09-04-2019, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Action View Post
What is the difference between this kiosk and a smart phone ?
I am not trying to be sarcastic, but can't you get the same info on s smart phone?
Totally different experience. Just like people don't pull up smartphone apps to find stores in malls. They look at directories or digital kiosks in some malls now. A lot of people use them though. Otherwise these companies installing them wouldn't be in business. Also not everyone has a smartphone believe it or not. I have several relatives that still use push button cellphones because they just want a phone to talk on nothing more. Also these kiosks go far beyond typical downtown organization phone apps and they are interactive. In addition you can access public services and even take selfies with a friend. It has that cool factor and honestly if I were walking downtown, I'd use the kiosk over my phone. Eventually they will add more of these kiosk on sidewalks along Gate City Blvd near the UNCG village, the Coliseum and the Koury Convention Center so it will expand beyond downtown. Each kiosk will provide information about events that's nearby that kiosks. For example a kiosk near the Coliseum will provide information about events at the coliseum complex and info about nearby restaurants and retail along Gate City Blvd. A Kiosk at LeBauer Park downtown will provide information about events happening in the park with dates and times.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 09-04-2019 at 11:17 PM..

Old 09-05-2019, 09:15 PM

Officials clear way for construction to begin on Eugene Street Parking deck. The deck will serve the parking needs for Project Slugger and the ballpark across the street as well as the Carroll South of the ballpark development

https://www.greensboro.com/news/loca...5d7b6de80.html

Old 09-05-2019, 09:44 PM

171 posts, read 159,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Officials clear way for construction to begin on Eugene Street Parking deck. The deck will serve the parking needs for Project Slugger and the ballpark across the street as well as the Carroll South of the ballpark development

https://www.greensboro.com/news/loca...5d7b6de80.html
Cant wait to see all the construction soon !

Old 09-06-2019, 02:33 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,961,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOCitizen View Post
Unless everything is built at once.
I'm sure there is a possibility that it can be pulled off, just need the right amount of workers, and you can achieve anything. It all comes down to the city and how they push a certain or particular project, demand will also speed up projects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point