Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2023, 07:12 PM

676 posts, read 493,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
Just saw where Mrs winners is closing and will open in it's place a chicken salad chic restaurant.. Im shocked that the owners of Mrs winners is same as chicken salad chic . Talk about a night and day difference!!!! Nice to see something upscale go in summit ave location!
From what I inferred is that they aren't putting chicken salad chicks where former mrs winners were located. They were using the capital from closing them down to place chicken salad chicks in other locations in the Triad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2023, 05:15 AM

385 posts, read 289,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr BLT View Post
From what I inferred is that they aren't putting chicken salad chicks where former mrs winners were located. They were using the capital from closing them down to place chicken salad chicks in other locations in the Triad.
That makes sense, even thou it would of been nice to start upscaling that aera that's so close to downtown, I don't think they would of had of of business with all the sketchyness around it.

Old 09-16-2023, 10:19 AM

Wow City Beats has a good article on green bean closing down town...that's is a staple fo downtown for sure. I feel for all the parties involved.. But honestly a person over age 25 should not think they are gonna make a professional living as being a coffee cashier.. aka (Barista) . Thats like also trying to make a adult living off working at a movie theater. Those jobs are great for high schoolers and college students and the pay scale for those types of jobs are great for that age group! Those jobs are not meant to be for an adult... those are for students and college kids still living at home and only need money for gas and maybe a text book here and there and some clothing. Not sure why people can think they can live as an adult on these types of jobs.

Old 09-16-2023, 01:39 PM

113 posts, read 111,002 times
If you get rid of all the other blue collar jobs what else is there to do? Greensboro used to have thousands of well paying textile jobs and they were all shipped overseas and replaced with retail work.

"We've replaced your well paying job with a poor paying job and this is your fault for some reason"

Old 09-16-2023, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCB-CD View Post
If you get rid of all the other blue collar jobs what else is there to do? Greensboro used to have thousands of well paying textile jobs and they were all shipped overseas and replaced with retail work.

"We've replaced your well paying job with a poor paying job and this is your fault for some reason"
There are plenty of office jobs in aera. That at least pay 13.00 to start out. Heck most call centers around here start at 18.00.. I love animals, there was a time I wanted to work at a doggy daycare type place where I could play with puppies all day and get paid 10 a hr.. but I had to put on my big boy pants and realize there's no way I could have an adult life with that type of job... I'm just saying there are ways to get into a office type setting with out a college degree... temp agencies are a good way for a person to get their foot into the corporate world and learn skills that could transfer to other office "adult type work " jobs. Start in a mailroom , file room , receptionist. There's lots of opportunities but these better paying jobs are gonna have a bit more responsibility then retail and restaurants positions... you will be expected to show up on time, alchole and drug free and be professional. You probably won't be able to have every color of the rainbow in your hair, but they might let u get away with one or two colors.. and you might have to take ur nose ring out during office hours!!! Geez I'm only 42 but sound likes old geezer.. but this is true!!!

Old 09-18-2023, 06:44 PM

6,157 posts, read 7,222,091 times
NC A&T reveals autonomous shuttle route in downtown Greensboro. Self driving shuttles are coming to downtown.

https://www.ncat.edu/news/2023/09/dtgso-aggie-auto.php

Youtube video link

https://youtu.be/vPznZwcn1Us?si=lkgxxCmLDeSxYPNa

Old 09-19-2023, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
NC A&T reveals autonomous shuttle route in downtown Greensboro. Self driving shuttles are coming to downtown.

https://www.ncat.edu/news/2023/09/dtgso-aggie-auto.php

Youtube video link

https://youtu.be/vPznZwcn1Us?si=lkgxxCmLDeSxYPNa
Oh this is neat ! I hope UNCG can also offer a service like this in the future .. UNCG seems so close yet so far way from downtown (walk ability) wise..

Old 09-19-2023, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
Oh this is neat ! I hope UNCG can also offer a service like this in the future .. UNCG seems so close yet so far way from downtown (walk ability) wise..
It is neat. Similar services started about the same time in Cary and UNC Charlotte

Old 09-20-2023, 04:21 AM

Construction on the final leg of the downtown greenway will begin in a few months now that funding is in place. It will be complete this time next year. The final leg is on the western side of downtown between Spring Garden Street and Battleground Ave. It will be the most elaborate leg of the greenway costing $14 million.

https://myfox8.com/news/north-caroli...ay-project/amp

Old 09-20-2023, 07:42 PM

676 posts, read 493,986 times
New Asian inspired restaurant has opened on North Greene. Seems to be doing extremely well so far. I read on their instagram account that they ran out of food the other day it was so busy. Between this new place, recently opened Neighbor's, Fisher's, The Corner Slice, Machete, The Sage Mule, Acropolis, and Luxe... this part of downtown is definitely a viable option for meals.

https://triad-city-beat.com/yokai-preview/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point