Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2023, 10:59 AM

6,156 posts, read 7,218,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
I went to lidls location in Winston, and to me, it was just Aldi with a different name ... Haven't been to the new one here in Greensboro, but the way that small parking lot and traffic is, I'll pass...
Its like a slightly larger upscale version of Aldi. Both are the same kind of stores with a similar layout. At Lidl you don't have to put a quarter in the carts. But Lidi has a nice bakery section. Don't think Aldi had bakeries. But I'm addicted to Lidl's banana chips lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2023, 06:17 AM

385 posts, read 288,510 times
Oh yeah, Lidl did have the small bakery section upfront.. both Aldi and Lidl have the small "nick nack home" decor aera in the middle with cheap looking items .. its like Olies merchandise in the center of a grocery store ... But it really does cheapen the esthetic of the grocery stores . They should stick to all food /beverage items only . Wonder how Sprouts is doing over in the Kohls Shopping center?. I'm sure Fresh Market won't be hurting with Lidls opening as they cater to two different clientale! As for me, I'll still wth Walmart!

Old 07-13-2023, 07:55 AM

20 posts, read 17,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Construction Journal's website says Construction on first phase is "expected in August of 2023" . The first phase according to the website will be the construction of a 12-story AC Hotel, retail and an 80 unit apartment building. There will be a total of 348 apartment units.

https://www.constructionjournal.com/...b32a9acab.html

I noticed today there was some heavy equipment placed on the Carroll South of the Ballpark site with a little site work going on as well. I wonder if this perhaps a signal that construction could soon be under way for this project?? Something to definitely keep an eye on.

On a side note you would think that developers in the downtown market would want to get moving (showing a sense of urgency) on their residential projects considering that downtown Greensboro is basically between the Toyota plant being constructed and all of the projects coming to the airport area.

Old 07-13-2023, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinzer1976 View Post
I noticed today there was some heavy equipment placed on the Carroll South of the Ballpark site with a little site work going on as well. I wonder if this perhaps a signal that construction could soon be under way for this project?? Something to definitely keep an eye on.

On a side note you would think that developers in the downtown market would want to get moving (showing a sense of urgency) on their residential projects considering that downtown Greensboro is basically between the Toyota plant being constructed and all of the projects coming to the airport area.
They did say construction would begin on Carroll Ballpark South by the end of the year so it looks promising

Old 07-15-2023, 07:00 AM

Greensboro downtown trolley begins next week. Interesting. Some years ago when I talked about downtown Greensboro needing a trolley, I said it should be called the Hopper. Either its an amazing coincidence or we have a number of city and local organization leaders reading these urban forums lol. Appears to be a good place to drop ideas.

The service will be free.

https://www.greensboro-nc.gov/depart...wntown-trolley

Old 07-15-2023, 11:09 AM

385 posts, read 288,510 times
It's nice to have. But me personally love to walk downtown and take it all in.. I can walk from Bellmeade parking deck all way up to boxcar and love taking in the sites and sounds !!! Plus good exercise.

Old 07-16-2023, 10:04 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,958,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
It's nice to have. But me personally love to walk downtown and take it all in.. I can walk from Bellmeade parking deck all way up to boxcar and love taking in the sites and sounds !!! Plus good exercise.
Greensboro has in my opinion the most walkable downtown area in the state, not too big and not too small, just right for a stroll on the strip.

Old 07-16-2023, 03:02 PM

113 posts, read 110,929 times
I dunno if I'd say it was the most walkable, but it's certainly one of the more walkable ones. Not having freeways ripping through the urban core certainly helps a lot.

Old 07-16-2023, 06:08 PM

676 posts, read 492,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YinXyang View Post
Greensboro has in my opinion the most walkable downtown area in the state, not too big and not too small, just right for a stroll on the strip.
I think Asheville is pretty walkable from the times I've been there.

Old 07-21-2023, 02:01 AM

More on the Hopper trolley which is now in service. Its cool how they put a map of the route in the inside top of the bus and historical images of the city inside.

https://myfox8.com/news/north-caroli...into-downtown/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point