Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2023, 07:25 PM

113 posts, read 111,101 times

Advertisements

https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/ne...-deadline.html Not to come off like an ass, but I'm so glad this horrible project is dead. While the idea of a grocery chain downtown is nice, the design of this one was absolutely insulting and we're better off just restarting from scratch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2023, 08:00 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,057,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCB-CD View Post
https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/ne...-deadline.html Not to come off like an ass, but I'm so glad this horrible project is dead. While the idea of a grocery chain downtown is nice, the design of this one was absolutely insulting and we're better off just restarting from scratch.
I'm shocked....

I figured it would take a few months before they finally admitted the inevitable. Just two weeks after being "committed", and they're out.

Old 07-22-2023, 06:36 AM

6,160 posts, read 7,229,334 times
"officials were still interested in building a store at the site, though a new agreement and timeline would be needed"

The article states they are still interested but it looks like another delay. Its off for now but not completely dead. Hopefully it will be delayed enough to transform the project into a true urban development instead of the typical property layout and design of the store for that site which I did not like.

Old 07-27-2023, 02:27 PM

171 posts, read 159,202 times
https://www.rhinotimes.com/news/term...downtown-lidl/

Hmm interesting read i guess they arent going to give up!

Old 07-28-2023, 05:39 AM

385 posts, read 291,240 times
Good if anything. They can at least get the ball rolling on cleaning up and clearing out what ever the need to and have the site prepped and ready for an easy build for who ever wants to build there in the future! Interesting to see that alot of downtown sites have these hidden environmental issues that u can't see above the surface! then again I guess we were a textile factory city shouldn't be that much of a surprise I guess ...

Old 07-28-2023, 08:09 AM

6,160 posts, read 7,229,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
Good if anything. They can at least get the ball rolling on cleaning up and clearing out what ever the need to and have the site prepped and ready for an easy build for who ever wants to build there in the future! Interesting to see that alot of downtown sites have these hidden environmental issues that u can't see above the surface! then again I guess we were a textile factory city shouldn't be that much of a surprise I guess ...
What makes me nervous is the News and Record site. Hopefully there won't be any major environmental issues that get in the way of the Ryan Companies plans for that site.

Old 07-28-2023, 03:35 PM

511 posts, read 511,344 times
This is another reason why I’m against new gas stations like over in the Buc-ees thread. Gas stations rarely become anything else due to the environmental impact. The buildings on this site were torn down almost 20 years ago and it’s still not ready to build on top? Maybe we should try to get a sheetz there. Sheetz with a parking garage and apartments up top. Sounds sick.

Old 07-28-2023, 06:17 PM

379 posts, read 206,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebermudatriad View Post
This is another reason why I’m against new gas stations like over in the Buc-ees thread. Gas stations rarely become anything else due to the environmental impact. The buildings on this site were torn down almost 20 years ago and it’s still not ready to build on top? Maybe we should try to get a sheetz there. Sheetz with a parking garage and apartments up top. Sounds sick.
Well, that's a possibility. In Morrisville, there is a former gas station site that turned lemons into lemonade.

The Triangle's first three-story gas station is opening soon. It is called the RDU Galleria, and it is right off Aviation Parkway about a mile from Raleigh-Durham International Airport.

There are 16 gas pumps.

On the ground floor, there is a large convenience store that features a food court.

The top two floors are office space.

Last edited by Mr. Big; 07-28-2023 at 06:33 PM..

Old 07-28-2023, 07:18 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,057,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Big View Post
Well, that's a possibility. In Morrisville, there is a former gas station site that turned lemons into lemonade.

The Triangle's first three-story gas station is opening soon. It is called the RDU Galleria, and it is right off Aviation Parkway about a mile from Raleigh-Durham International Airport.

There are 16 gas pumps.

On the ground floor, there is a large convenience store that features a food court.

The top two floors are office space.
And then you have Black Powder BBQ... one of the best BBQ joints in the Triad built in a *checks notes* converted gas station.

Or Campus Gas in Winston-Salem... a restaurant/bar in a converted gas station.

Old 08-03-2023, 07:40 PM

677 posts, read 495,790 times
Former Greensboro News & Record building where woman found dead littered with trash, human waste
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point