Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 06:55 PM

266 posts, read 300,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWW View Post
I love the sound of Greenville South Carolina...Music to my ears...
Moving from Stuart two years ago,I can definatly say,Greenville will make you wonder why you were in Palm beach! As was said earlier, I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could. Oh, bye the way I have never looked back nor would I ever want to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 07:03 PM

182 posts, read 492,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadstreet View Post
Hey toolbox - this isn't a thread about traffic.

I love fluor field. I love the climate. I love the people. I love the lakes. I love the mountains.

hahahaha! and I LOVE honest and outspoken people...well done Broadstreet!

Old 02-27-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadstreet View Post
What a great post! Well done.
Thanks Broadstreet...all from the heart! I lived there nearly 18 years, moved away 5 years ago and have been homesick since...I live in Charleston now and as much as I thought I would love the ocean, you simply can not beat the smell of clean fresh air on a beautiful day in Greenville, South Carolina...it will ALWAYS be my home!

Old 02-28-2011, 11:55 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,760,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
I don't see how it is about being rude. It's polite to wait until traffic has cleared to pull out, and not pull out when someone is driving toward you at 50mph. Its polite to wait until someone waves you on to pull out like that at a stop light. People don't wave, they don't even look at me and they cut me off, all the time. Especially on woodruff rd.
People pull out in front of me everyday at the stop light by the old walmart(123 and S pendleton). They must think they have the right of way because of the big white x in the middle of the road,but in fact the intersection is supposed to be clear so that people can pull INTO the parking lot, not out. they act like I have a stop sign. it is aggravating and I have almost been in more than one accident there.

and don't get me started on merging, I never realized the turn signal was optional until I moved to South Carolina.
I did not say force your way out................ Okay you are waiting to get out onto Woodruff Road . When the traffic completely stops, you try to make eye contact with the street driver and smile. The driver waves you out ( he / nor you ..are impeding traffic in this manuever ).

Maybe because I am female that I am let out ? lol...( guessing ) I don't know. I can't see the sex of the driver, whether they male or female sometimes ( tinted windows ) and all are equally * let out * by me....I have never had someone just suddenly pull out in front of me, assuming I was going to let him out. Driving is a dance you know. You make a move, they make a move. I find it a pleasant dance. I never let the outside drivers affect my mood. Play some good music and be friendly to all the drivers

I am sure we have ALL had someone pull out in front of us * up ahead * misjudging the traffic and causing you to put on your brakes suddenly but as far as someone forcing their way out 5 feet in front of me, no.

Are you truly that upset at drivers in South Carolina ?

Last edited by WannaliveinGreenville; 02-28-2011 at 12:44 PM..

Old 02-28-2011, 12:38 PM

2,261 posts, read 5,843,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I did not say force your way out................ Okay you are waiting to get out onto Woodruff Road . When the traffic completely stops, you try to make eye contact with the street driver and smile. The driver waves you out ( he / nor you ..are impeding traffic in this manuever ).

Maybe because I am female that I am let out ? lol...( guessing ) I don't know. I can't see the sex of the driver, whether he male or female sometimes ( tinted windows ) and all are equally * let out * by me....I have never had someone just suddenly pull out in front of me, assuming I was going to let him out. Driving is a dance you know. You make a move, they make a move. I find it a pleasant dance. I never let the outside drivers affect my mood. Play some good music and be friendly to all the drivers

I am sure we have ALL had someone pull out in front of us * up ahead * misjudging the traffic and causing you to put on your brakes suddenly but as far as someone forcing their way out 5 feet in front of me, no.

Are you truly that upset at drivers in South Carolina ?
I guess you touched a nerve. I apologize my intention wasn't to make you feel attacked or anything like that, and I didn't want to derail this great thread.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:43 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,864,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabin View Post
What I love about Greenville:

I love the seasons.
I love that it can snow on Tuesday, but you can be golfing by Saturday.
I love that a 300k house here costs over a million dollars in the city i moved from.
I love that a round of drinks costs less than $50.
I love that people wave at you even if they don't know your name.
I love that you can send your kid to public school and not have to worry.
I love that the first question asked when you meet someone isn't "what do you do"
I love that before people come visit they say "why did you move to Greenville" and when they leave they say "what an amazing place"
I love that I can see the stars at night
I love that people go to church...even though I'm a huge liberal and not a churchgoer myself
I love how close the mountains are
I love how close the beaches are
I love that I can find a redneck hick bar and a four star restaurant within ten minutes of one one another
I love that I forgot my wallet at a place here once and they told me not to worry about it
I love that people hold the door for you and say thank you when you hold it for them
I love that we're Yankees and people don't give us any **** for it...well they give us some ****...but thats ok.
I love that every single day my wife and I look at each other and say "wow...that would have never happened back where we're from"

Ok...you're turn. Go!
^ Great post.

I love the fact that the area has attracted so many people from all over the nation (a small example would be how many C-D posters in the Greenville are from other places).
The diversity of people who have moved here, helped create a vibrant place. It seems that all share the common trait of enjoying a high quality of life and improving the quality of life.

Old 02-28-2011, 04:58 PM

Just curious? has anyone moved to Greenville from Charlotte, NC recently? Why did you move? I don't think there's a better place to live than Western NC and Upstate SC and Greenville is certainly a jewel of a city! Just a curiosity on my part, nothing more...

Old 02-28-2011, 05:38 PM

58 posts, read 96,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Sunshine View Post
Just curious? has anyone moved to Greenville from Charlotte, NC recently? Why did you move?
*raises hand*

Well, we actually came from the Lake Norman area, just north of Charlotte. Company transferred my husband, and our sons, here. When my husband told me he was asked if we would be interested in a transfer, I said YES before he could even finish his sentence or was able to say where would be going. We all were ready for a change and to get out of NC where the kids, and I, were all born, so when he said Greenville, we got on the internet immediately and began researching. That was April 2, 2010. We moved here on June 18, 2010 and couldn't be happier! I was ready to come, sight unseen, and pretty much did so (unless viewing pictures and videos count!)! lol The younger kids, and I, didn't even see our house, or neighborhood, (other than via Google) until we arrived! We had never been to this area of SC before and now we never plan on leaving!

BTW - Husband, and sons, occasionally have to go up to the Charlotte area, for meetings or to help with a job, and all three of them say that it only makes them love it here even more. When one of the Company Bigwigs comes down here, all he can say is how lucky we are to be here and how much he wishes he could be here, too!

Last edited by CarolinaBorn; 02-28-2011 at 05:47 PM..

Old 02-28-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBorn View Post
*raises hand*

Well, we actually came from the Lake Norman area, just north of Charlotte. Company transferred my husband, and our sons, here. When my husband told me he was asked if we would be interested in a transfer, I said YES before he could even finish his sentence or was able to say where would be going. We all were ready for a change and to get out of NC where the kids, and I, were all born, so when he said Greenville, we got on the internet immediately and began researching. That was April 2, 2010. We moved here on June 18, 2010 and couldn't be happier! I was ready to come, sight unseen, and pretty much did so (unless viewing pictures and videos count!)! lol The younger kids, and I, didn't even see our house, or neighborhood, (other than via Google) until we arrived! We had never been to this area of SC before and now we never plan on leaving!
Nice post! I absolutely love Greenville and lived there 18+ years and have narrowed my next move down to Greenville or Charlotte for the same reasons you stated...just thinking I need a change. But it's pretty hard to beat Greenville, SC! What's your favorite thing about Greenville (trying to get the thread back on track.. )

Old 02-28-2011, 06:00 PM

58 posts, read 96,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Sunshine View Post
What's your favorite thing about Greenville (trying to get the thread back on track.. )
We love everything but, if I have to list anything, it would be Falls Park, Cleveland Park, the Festivals, the hospitality, Mast General Store (lol!), living in Taylors but not feeling "out of the loop", mountain views...oh gosh, I could go on forever! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area