Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2019, 10:15 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,010,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberclaw View Post
As far as I know, only two former Jack in the Boxes here in Greenville were ever successfully re-tenanted and stayed that way. Those were Pelham and Haywood. I know the Simpsonville and Woodruff Rd locations were briefly re-tenanted by Taco Loko, and Metro Burger/Twisted Kitchen, respectively. But those didn't last. The former JitB/Taco Loko is still abandoned, and the Woodruff Rd. Metro Burger/Twisted Kitchen was leveled for Freddy's, which got leveled for Panda Express.

The former Laurens Rd location was leveled during the same mass demolition phase that took out the former Best Buy & Sam's Club.

Are there any others I'm forgetting?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau197 View Post
The one at Congaree and Halton is a Clock
The one on White Horse Rd across from the Berea Walmart was converted to a Verizon store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2019, 04:57 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,748,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitewaterVol View Post
That is just a terrible location for a restaurant. It is almost invisible from US-123 and even a lot of the traffic into that shopping center never sees that location in the far corner. It's an almost new building but I predict it will sit empty for a while and it's hard for me to imagine what would be successful there.
You are correct. It was in an odd area and easy to miss. I wonder if it were out on the main drag of 123, would that have made a difference? I liked their chicken fingers and rolls. I will miss the flavor

Old 11-23-2019, 06:36 PM

5,159 posts, read 7,349,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
You are correct. It was in an odd area and easy to miss. I wonder if it were out on the main drag of 123, would that have made a difference? I liked their chicken fingers and rolls. I will miss the flavor
Unfortunately Golden Chick lacked name recognition in the Upstate market, and never attracted a following. Unlike Texas where they are very popular and well established like Bojangle's is here. And Popeyes is more nationally known and will perform better. And there is still KFC and Chick-Fil-A.

Old 11-25-2019, 08:21 AM

401 posts, read 378,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Unfortunately Golden Chick lacked name recognition in the Upstate market, and never attracted a following. Unlike Texas where they are very popular and well established like Bojangle's is here. And Popeyes is more nationally known and will perform better. And there is still KFC and Chick-Fil-A.

I've said it a few times about Golden Chick, I just didn't like the food. I thought it was over priced and average at best. Chick Fila, Zaxbys, and Bojangles offer a much better product, imo. I think many others felt the same way, tried it once, and never went back.

Old 11-25-2019, 02:15 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,781,346 times
AC Moore to close all stores.

Old 11-25-2019, 06:00 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,010,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
AC Moore to close all stores.
Some will become Michael's.

Hobby Lobby and Michael's dominate that category anyway.

Old 11-26-2019, 07:18 PM

127 posts, read 100,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Some will become Michael's.

Hobby Lobby and Michael's dominate that category anyway.
I'll miss AC Moore, they had a pretty decent selection of model kits and some pretty awesome puzzles too.

Old 11-27-2019, 04:57 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,096,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I wonder if they would have changed their name, if that would have helped? When I first saw a Golden Chick, I was sure it was a Chinese restaurant. (Kind of like Golden Wok). Is it possible people did not stop because they did not like (or thought) it was a Chinese restaurant? (I happen to love Asian food) like if they would changed the name to Fried Chicken Junction or something similar.....just a thought...
They can't change their name, they're a national chain.

Old 11-27-2019, 05:13 PM

503 posts, read 692,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge71 View Post
I've said it a few times about Golden Chick, I just didn't like the food. I thought it was over priced and average at best. Chick Fila, Zaxbys, and Bojangles offer a much better product, imo. I think many others felt the same way, tried it once, and never went back.

Yeah Ill agree with you on the price, I did see where towards the end they started running a 5 buck box that was a good deal and I was eating that alot when I went. I will sadly miss those yeast rolls though.

Old 12-02-2019, 07:36 PM

127 posts, read 100,294 times
I know this is old news but just like every year, Halloween Express came and went from the old Eckerd/Rite Aid/Brown Roof Thrift on Woodruff Rd

Wonder what the future has in store for that building.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area