Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 12:55 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,602,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBBARK View Post
Yeah, but if you "mace the face" you wouldn't have to do anything except peel out and get outta there. He's NOT going to the COPS. How's he going to explain that? "Well, this guy didn't turn right on red fast enough, so I tried to punch him."
But you're tough and brave. I'm a coward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2012, 01:06 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,751,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
But you're tough and brave. I'm a coward.
I'm also middle aged. They kind of expect you to avoid taking someones life if you possiably can. Now, I'll fist fight with about anyone. It's not fair when I'm belted in and I'm sitting while he is standing. For older folks, just shoot. They don't expect you to do anything physical. I'm built like a Rottie and tough as nails. I'm gonna have a hard time blowing some unarmed perp away.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:14 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,475,197 times
Quote:
I'm also middle aged. They kind of expect you to avoid taking someones life if you possiably can. Now, I'll fist fight with about anyone. It's not fair when I'm belted in and I'm sitting while he is standing. For older folks, just shoot. They don't expect you to do anything physical. I'm built like a Rottie and tough as nails. I'm gonna have a hard time blowing some unarmed perp away.

I have a buddy, who was punched through the car window, grabbed the guy's arm and floored the car down the berm. The guy was very seriously injured and my buddy got sued over it. I would have shot the guy if he punched me.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
I have a buddy, who was punched through the car window, grabbed the guy's arm and floored the car down the berm. The guy was very seriously injured and my buddy got sued over it. I would have shot the guy if he punched me.
Something like that could have been avoided with the pepper spray. The same with me punching someone. I hit VERY hard and don't know how to hold back. I think I didn't swing very hard and the guy falls on his ass seeing stars with the first punch. Hmmmm...I thought I held some of it back.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:26 PM

The same could be said about flooring it and running over the roadrage guys foot. You'll get a call for that. Trust me! The pepper spray, he will be mad but not dumb enough to turn himself in when no injury lasts over an hour and he doesn't require any medical attention. If he does, he does though. You had every right to pepper spray him. You MAY not have the right to take his life though.

Old 03-25-2012, 07:54 PM

3,244 posts, read 7,448,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
This could also bury you in a court room.
Using reloads could place you in a 24/7 cot and hot if a lawyer can say you wanted a KILLER round rather than a factory round.
Imagine what a attorney would say if you chose to defend yourself with a gun shot over the pepper spray?

Oh come on.... 'reloads'? Golden Saber, Gold Dot, and about a half dozen other rounds I can just go buy in the store.... (I know, Black Talons were removed from the market, but there are numerous others that perform just about as well).

A jacketed hollow point with a pin can be bought right over the counter, and they are factory rounds.

I have reloaded for 2 decades, and the stuff I can buy over the counter is way more destructive than what I reload. (I just shoot holes in paper).

Also over the counter (for the larger bore rifles) you can buy AP, tracer and incendiary.

Old 03-25-2012, 07:56 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
sort of stupid to do so.
since anybody that would jump on me would use a weapon and cops are trained to react with a glock if a weapon is used.
pepper spray stinks (sorry just had to say that)

Old 03-25-2012, 08:05 PM

3,244 posts, read 7,448,554 times
Quote:
The same could be said about flooring it and running over the roadrage guys foot. You'll get a call for that. Trust me! The pepper spray, he will be mad but not dumb enough to turn himself in when no injury lasts over an hour and he doesn't require any medical attention. If he does, he does though. You had every right to pepper spray him. You MAY not have the right to take his life though.
That is why mace is a better option (against people). Will give him a nice trip to the Emergency Department. (so will bear spray).

Old 03-26-2012, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
That is why mace is a better option (against people). Will give him a nice trip to the Emergency Department. (so will bear spray).
Pepper spray is more effective though. It's more powerful. The mace just could do more long term damage to the eyes and skin. You are hurtin' BAD with LE 10% 2,000,000 pepper spray. You can't even breath and the snot is gushing out of your mouth and nose. It burns like holy hell and your eyes are on fire. All LEOs are required to get sprayed at least once to be able to get certified to carry and use it. Ask any of them. It's a real MO-FO!!

Old 03-26-2012, 04:29 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
And when would you use pepper spray? When your life is in danger? If my life is in danger I meet it with lethal force, period.
When you carry a firearm you are aware you need to de-escelate situations, you need to retreat, etc. You don't get into fights, you don't engage in name calling, you don't flip off drivers. The proplem with less than lethal force is you are even more likely to use it when you don't need to, and that will get you into the greybar hotel as well, because it's a weapon regulated in some municipalities. I can tell you, I can anticipate very few situations were I would need pepper spray, particularly when you carry a firearm and stick to the legal use of force doctrines that gun carry requires. It's either going to be some kind of life threatening engagement, or nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting