Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 12:36 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,751,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
In my face at a stop light.....meh. Ignore, drive away - just like you do with the street bums. What's the big deal? I ain't so much cave man that I'm gonna even react to some idiot screaming at me in the street.
If you saw the way that bum a few pages back advanced, gaining yardage, on that old man and plowed him cold...you might have to think about that a minute. He had cars behind and in front of him. There was no where to go. The biker who laid him out was near a curve/turn entering the bridge, and used that for his excape. I'm ready for his brother to come try it! Take this you SOB!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 12:45 AM

Power windows would have came in handy too...Veeeeeeeeeeerm!

Old 04-03-2012, 12:47 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
the good part of pepper spray u might get beat up, but u will not will not get sued or go to jail if u use it right.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:15 PM

8,070 posts, read 12,779,194 times
I carry pepper spray, sometimes deadly force is overkill.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:09 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,836,061 times
Guess I just don't get it....I have managed to avoid having to use any kind of spray - perhaps because I know that it's not very accurate, and in some instances can get you arrested/in trouble with the law. I avoid confrontation where possible - if not, then it's time to take care of business....funny thing is, that hasn't been necessary.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:49 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,065,654 times
After reading all the pro's and con's and arguements and chest thumping, I can certainly see some reasoning to using pepper spray or bear spray so that deadly force would not be necessary.

I remember a few years ago, a homeless man up in Billings carried bear spray because he couldn't buy a firearm, yet needed protection as being homeless doesn't allow you to live in the better neighborhoods. haha I read about him in the Billings paper after he got into a confrontation outside a bar he was walking past. Somebody started giving him a bad time so he bear sprayed his butt. It dropped the guy in his tracks and they ended up hauling him away in an ambulance. It was certainly better then getting his butt kicked for no reason, and a lot better than using deadly force, if he had the means.

This thread has got me to thinking about placing a can in my truck while traveling from state to state.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:29 PM

Keep in mind that most bear sprays specifically carry a warning that they are not to be used on humans - they are so strong that they CAN cause serious injury/death.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:36 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,065,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Keep in mind that most bear sprays specifically carry a warning that they are not to be used on humans - they are so strong that they CAN cause serious injury/death.
Yeah, kind of the same warning that is on the side of my box of Federal Premium .40 cal 165 grain JHP's.

My point being is that in some cases, the old saying rings true. Don't mess with an old guy. He can't run, he doesn't want an ass whoopin, so he'll just kill you. But it wouldn't necessarily have to ring true. You can disable and not have it weigh heavily for the rest of your life.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:11 PM

Philosophical difference, ah reckon...I'm gonna evade and avoid if possible. If not, then you've called the dance, an' ah'm fixin' ta strike up the band. Even when younger, I was known to be the type that if we were just havin' a good, old-fashioned fist fight I'd be right in there with the best of 'em. But if someone was lookin' for trouble, they'd be well advised to look elsewhere - because I didn't play.
There's no chest thumpin' here - I *have* had to pull a trigger, and I'd just as soon NEVER have to do so again. It does something to you that no one should ever have to live with - but by the same token, sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.
Another old saw is to avoid the guy that ain't interested in fighting you. He KNOWS what he can do, and just doesn't want the hassle involved with doing it to *you*.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Yeah, kind of the same warning that is on the side of my box of Federal Premium .40 cal 165 grain JHP's.

My point being is that in some cases, the old saying rings true. Don't mess with an old guy. He can't run, he doesn't want an ass whoopin, so he'll just kill you. But it wouldn't necessarily have to ring true. You can disable and not have it weigh heavily for the rest of your life.
It can never hurt. It's just one more thing in your grab bag to HELP YOU CHEAT AND WIN!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting