Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have You Taken a Firearm Safety or CCW Class?
NRA Basic Pistol or Rifle/Shotgun - OR BSA, 4H 24 40.68%
Hunter Safety 22 37.29%
Concealed Weapon Permit Class 34 57.63%
NRA Advanced Armed Defense Class - Prot. In/Out of Home 9 15.25%
Other Advanced Training Course(s) - Elaborate 13 22.03%
Military 25 42.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 04:02 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,237,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
You mean a ratings-based outlet and a bunch of companies whose lawyers advise them to place a PC warning in their materials?

Why single out California? Because using the AG of a state whose hostility toward the U.S. Constitution and American citizens not only undermines but utterly destroys your credibility. The AG of CA is not a credible authority on gun safety. A news channel is not. PC warnings included in materials by gun manufacturers are not: the "PC" aspect of them renders them inapplicable to anyone who has a brain and uses it.
You didn't answer the question:

Why focus only on CA and ignore the rest? Merely saying CA is hostile to guns makes no sense when other outlets are also saying the EXACT same thing. Are the other outlets hostile to guns too?

Quote:
Face it: You are here to impose your values on others. That's what your kind does. Take your moral superiority and keep it to yourself and hope like hell it's not your house an armed assailant chooses tonight.
I really don't give a hoot whether you follow the safety rules or not; and I've repeated said that it's your choice. You're offended because you didn't know the first thing about gun safety and you felt dissed.

I only provided the links because people like you didn't believe those safety rules existed, and then inexplicably the attacks started after I provided the proof. I honestly don't care if you follow them or not. And what I do to an armed assailant in my house is none of your business.

Old 11-10-2015, 04:06 PM

Quote:
If it makes you feel any better it's your arrogance and ignorance people are reacting too.
I can understand the arrogance, I can come off that way in real life too.

The ignorance I don't get. All I did was cited something that was in black and white; and I made no further besides these are the safety rules, here they are.

I'd say the ignorance part is from people who own guns but don't know the safety rules.

Old 11-10-2015, 04:13 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,008,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
You didn't answer the question:

Why focus only on CA and ignore the rest? Merely saying CA is hostile to guns makes no sense when other outlets are also saying the EXACT same thing. Are the other outlets hostile to guns too?
I did. I dismissed all of your sources and explained why. Between hostility toward the U.S. Constitution and other PC elements your sources are all tainted. You bring no experience of your own. You likely cannot explain from experience anything about gun safety.

Quote:
I really don't give a hoot whether you follow the safety rules or not; and I've repeated said that it's your choice. You're offended because you didn't know the first thing about gun safety and you felt dissed.
Nice try, but I'm not offended. More amused by your lack of understanding of the gun enthusiast community. I've noticed you still haven't offered any explanation as to why you have any grounds whatsoever to speak of gun safety. What is your experience with firearms and firearm safety? Why are you qualified to say anything on this thread other than seek advice from others?

Quote:
I only provided the links because people like you didn't believe those safety rules existed, and then inexplicably the attacks started after I provided the proof. I honestly don't care if you follow them or not. And what I do to an armed assailant in my house is none of your business.
You'd be surprised how much more than you the regulars on this forum know. You are not as smart as you think you are. Not even close.

Old 11-10-2015, 04:14 PM

Quote:
I can understand the arrogance, I can come off that way in real life too.

The ignorance I don't get. All I did was cited something that was in black and white; and I made no further besides these are the safety rules, here they are.

I'd say the ignorance part is from people who own guns but don't know the safety rules.
Ignorance of what gun enthusiasts are like. Go back and read your posts. Your mind is already made up about gun enthusiasts. Pure ignorance.

Old 11-10-2015, 04:23 PM

10,363 posts, read 7,993,227 times
Quote:
I've got to hand it you - you managed to say how wrong I am.... by using my point almost verbatim!

Did I say Household B MUST follow the same rule?? NO. Didn't I repeated said, "It's your choice!" How did you managed to miss that?

What I did say, is that if you choose to have a loaded gun in your home, then be cognizant you're not being safe.
And that is the point you simply don't seem to get. In the situation I live in, my method of storage IS SAFE!!! I am NOT in any way sacrificing safety by storing my pistol in the way that I do, because the safety risks I do actually face in my household are fully addressed simply by keeping the firearm locked up and out of sight. Unloading it doesn't add any additional level of safety in my situation, so it's not necessary.

Your "universal safety rule" isn't universal, but you keep insisting that it is. That's the problem. Now, the following four rules ARE universal:

1. Always treat every gun as if it is loaded.
2. Always be aware of where the gun's muzzle is pointing, and never allow the muzzle to point at anything you do not wish to destroy.
3. Never put your finger on the trigger of a firearm unless you are ready to actually fire the gun.
4. You are not ready to fire until you have positively identified your target and also know what lies beyond it.

Can you see the difference between those rules (which ARE universal; they apply at all times and in all situations) and the storage rule you keep insisting gun owners must follow or be viewed as unsafe?

(And in more than one reply you DID accuse me of being an unsafe gun owner, so you can't use that dodge. Own up to what you said.)

Old 11-10-2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
And that is the point you simply don't seem to get. In the situation I live in, my method of storage IS SAFE!!! I am NOT in any way sacrificing safety by storing my pistol in the way that I do, because the safety risks I do actually face in my household are fully addressed simply by keeping the firearm locked up and out of sight. Unloading it doesn't add any additional level of safety in my situation, so it's not necessary.

Your "universal safety rule" isn't universal, but you keep insisting that it is. That's the problem. Now, the following four rules ARE universal:

2. Always be aware of where the gun's muzzle is pointing, and never allow the muzzle to point at anything you do not wish to destroy.
3. Never put your finger on the trigger of a firearm unless you are ready to actually fire the gun.
4. You are not ready to fire until you have positively identified your target and also know what lies beyond it.

Can you see the difference between those rules (which ARE universal; they apply at all times and in all situations) and the storage rule you keep insisting gun owners must follow or be viewed as unsafe?

(And in more than one reply you DID accuse me of being an unsafe gun owner, so you can't use that dodge. Own up to what you said.)
You let him off the hook by introducing him to the 4 safety rules. If he's smart he'll learn something. I doubt it.

Old 11-10-2015, 05:06 PM

Quote:
I did. I dismissed all of your sources and explained why. Between hostility toward the U.S. Constitution and other PC elements your sources are all tainted. You bring no experience of your own. You likely cannot explain from experience anything about gun safety.
That settles it then. The sources I cited are hostile towards the Constitution therefore they are untrustworthy. Makes sense.

Quote:
Nice try, but I'm not offended. More amused by your lack of understanding of the gun enthusiast community. I've noticed you still haven't offered any explanation as to why you have any grounds whatsoever to speak of gun safety. What is your experience with firearms and firearm safety? Why are you qualified to say anything on this thread other than seek advice from others?

You'd be surprised how much more than you the regulars on this forum know. You are not as smart as you think you are. Not even close.
First of all, I never presented myself as an expert. I was merely citing the basic gun safety rules that all gun owners should know. Now, I never said all owners must follow them, but at the very least, they should know them. Which is not the case here.

As for my experience (I've repeated my experience several times already in other threads that I'm getting tired of repeating it), but anyway, in my younger days one of my friends' Dad was a gun trafficker (he got busted since) and guns were rampant in that circle. I have been shot at on two different occassions, I have witnessed people get shot, I have friends who used guns to commit crimes. I have also witness too many people get careless with guns when in their minds they think they were being perfectly safe and responsible.

In other words, where I'm coming from is the dark side of guns. Those armed assailants you guys talked about, they were my friends. The trafficking, the deals, etc; I was there.

Old 11-10-2015, 05:15 PM

Quote:

Those rules concern when a person is handling a gun. There is more to safety than just when a person is holding a gun you know. What to do when a gun is not being handled is also important. Somehow you keep protesting this fact.

Quote:
I said you can be safe or you can be ready. If you chose to be ready then of course you are sacrificing safety. I never said you can't make that choice. Am I not being clear?

If someone chooses to ride a motorcycle without a helmet (where law permits) that his choice. Maybe he is a hotshot who doesn't need helmet or maybe he has other reasons not to wear one; that doesn't negate the fact that it's unsafe not to wear a helmet.

Even you acknowledged that doing what the rule says makes it safer than not doing it. So exactly are we arguing here?

Old 11-10-2015, 05:18 PM

^ A liberal whose friends and family are thugs and potential armed assailants. Big surprise. But remember: Your experiences with guns are not universal. Not everyone is a thug. Not everyone is a trafficker. Not everyone is an armed assailant. Just because that's your background doesn't make it everyone else's. Just because you don't know how to properly employ a weapon or use it in a legal context doesn't mean others do not.

Your experiences are YOUR experiences. Your background is YOUR background. A lot of gun enthusiasts come from pretty solid stock so you should not make assumptions.

Old 11-10-2015, 05:19 PM

Quote:
You let him off the hook by introducing him to the 4 safety rules. If he's smart he'll learn something. I doubt it.
You really think someone who cited safety rules that you are not aware of, is not already familiar with these rules?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting