Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2020, 06:03 PM

3,754 posts, read 4,239,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
This is what I have. I've had a slightly elevated temperature, aches and pains, and chest congestion for 8 days. The OTC drugs finally cleared up the chest scum. I hope that I feel better tomorrow. I'm tired of shoving food into my mouth to eat enough calories so that I don't die.

I seem to be in a holding pattern the last couple days... Neither getting worse, nor getting better. There's something still going on in my chest, but I have no fever and I've been able to eat better now and very little nasal congestion the past several days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2020, 06:22 PM

11,443 posts, read 625,823 times
I do hope you feel better soon

Old 03-22-2020, 06:59 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,017,890 times
OP I have been wondering this aloud for the last couple of weeks now .

I go between LA ( West Hollywood ) and where I live in Bakersfield alot and was so sick in the middle of Jan I thought I might die . Seriously .

I have had some very serious illnesses and injuries but this was weird . I am just now sort of OK . I came home tired from a drs appt at 4pm and by 3 am I was sick with what I thought was pneumonia - I have had it (pneu) five times . I had a fever BAD deep cough , could not breathe, my lungs felt horrible and my body hurt like **** . It took about a week or a little longer to get out of the worst part . No upper respiratory at all. Straight to my lungs . Coughed for a very long time

I would also have these bizarre torrential body sweats , not just break fever sweats I would have to get up and change me and the sheets they were so soaked .

Last edited by DutchessCottonPuff; 03-22-2020 at 07:18 PM..

Old 03-22-2020, 07:51 PM

5,713 posts, read 4,286,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonesuch View Post
My point was to counter the lies that " it can't be detected as having occurred" to confirm whether a particular (currently healthy) patient had COVID-19 back in January.

So you want to just ignore the data collected from SARS and MERS patients?

So back to my original point -- if you suspect you had an early case of COVID-19, the upcoming serological antibody test would answer that question.

Or you might have had just mild symptoms, or even caught it and never suspected, according to Forbes.

We do not know how long immunity to the current virus lasts. Period.

Old 03-22-2020, 08:25 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
We do not know how long immunity to the current virus lasts. Period.
Not yet. Those studies will take months to years to complete.

However, antibodies to SARS-CoV-1 have been found to persist for some time.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...386v1.full.pdf

"Anti SARS-CoV IgG was found to persist for up to 12 years. IgG titers typically peaked in 2004,
declining rapidly from 2004-2006, and then continued to decline at a slower rate. IgG titers in SARS-CoV-infected healthcare workers remained at a significantly high level until 2015."

Old 03-22-2020, 08:52 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
I had a bad bug at the end of January. I even passed out I was so sick. I didn't think it could be Covid because I didn't have respiratory problems. But now I heard not everyone has that. I could have had it and not known it. I had traveled to Boston where there was an early outbreak.
May well have been. One of my secretaries had a cold so bad during the last two weeks of February that she said she "felt like a truck hit her." I suspect there are many subclinical cases of Covid. I am healthy and I strongly encourage others to do what I did yesterday; find a blood center and donate.

Old 03-22-2020, 09:06 PM

1,042 posts, read 874,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
A 2009 type virus was included in this year's vaccine.

Did he have an MRI or a CT scan? CT would be more often used.
I thought it was an MRI but he said a CT scan and that he did not have pneumonia

Old 03-22-2020, 09:07 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky3vicky View Post
I thought it was an MRI but he said a CT scan and that he did not have pneumonia
Thanks for the clarification.

Old 03-22-2020, 09:42 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
May well have been. One of my secretaries had a cold so bad during the last two weeks of February that she said she "felt like a truck hit her." I suspect there are many subclinical cases of Covid. I am healthy and I strongly encourage others to do what I did yesterday; find a blood center and donate.
Feeling like you've been hit by a truck can be a symptom of flu.

Old 03-22-2020, 09:46 PM

21,752 posts, read 28,086,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The SARS-CoV-2 virus emerged in China in late November or early December 2019. Whatever anyone had earlier than that was not COVID-19, no matter how sick you were, and if you had no history of contact with anyone from China in January, odds are you did not have COVID-19.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9
"But experts believe that the United States still isn’t testing enough people to detect the outbreak’s true spread. The virologist Trevor Bedford has found evidence that the coronavirus began spreading in the United States in January."

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...bruary/608521/

Methinks this is way more widespread and mild than the extremely limited tests suggest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness