Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2016, 04:14 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,722,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
Therrien's not even qualified to coach in the AHL! I'd like to see a Montreal paper and their comments about this. PK is loved in the city and has done so much on and off the ice including donating 10 Mil to the children's hospital. This isn't going to sit well for the fans (it's not with me) and hopefully they'll be calling for some heads on this one!
Not sitting well with the majority of the Preds fans either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 04:25 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,810,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
Not sitting well with the majority of the Preds fans either.

Not sure why seeing they got the better of this deal by far! A slow,aging Weber for PK is a steal considering they just picked up 3 of the best defenseman in last weeks draft. Bergevin should've at least got one of those three in return but being the moron he is,he didn't!

Old 06-29-2016, 05:29 PM

17,203 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Not sure why seeing they got the better of this deal by far! A slow,aging Weber for PK is a steal considering they just picked up 3 of the best defenseman in last weeks draft. Bergevin should've at least got one of those three in return but being the moron he is,he didn't!
Molson must have a high alcohol content

Old 06-30-2016, 07:10 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
Quote:
As if I needed another reason to hate Bergevin! Besides Patch & Price,he trades his only elite player for a slower,aging Weber!

Another blockbuster! Habs trade Subban to Preds for Weber – ProHockeyTalk
The Predators win this trade, but they traded the wrong player. Why part with Shea Weber? In regards to the Canadiens, Bergevin has another legitimate reason to be discharged.

Old 06-30-2016, 09:47 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,181,366 times
I've been a Habs fan for most of my life. Ever since I started to think for myself and escaped the group-think, "must be a Red Wings fan".

But something shifted yesterday afternoon.

I saw this on TSN this morning and it summed up how I was feeling;

"Montreal is like that relative you want to like but you just can't because they keep making idiot decisions so you just have to wash your hands of them."

I'm not walking away but stop begging me to, Montreal!

Old 06-30-2016, 12:51 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,989,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
I've been a Habs fan for most of my life. Ever since I started to think for myself and escaped the group-think, "must be a Red Wings fan".
You escaped "group-think" by turning away from your home state team and jumping aboard the most storied franchise in NHL history?

Old 06-30-2016, 03:45 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,181,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
You escaped "group-think" by turning away from your home state team and jumping aboard the most storied franchise in NHL history?
Joke's on you. I'm from Ohio .

Old 06-30-2016, 05:02 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,869 times
Bergevin has firmly cemented himself as one of the worst GM's in the league with that move. And there's quite a few very horrid ones in the league right now. Benning and Roy/Sakic in Colorado are really bad as well.

Nashville is looking good, I think they're actually a legit contender. It's just that their goaltending is trash. Pekka Rinne is not good anymore, time to upgrade in net or they won't get too far before his contract is up. He had the one good year, two seasons ago and has been bad for the other 3 of the last 4.

I'm a Devils fan, a die hard Devils fan (since 93-94) and VERY happy with the Larsson for Hall trade. I'm not even sure why other GM's bother to take Ray Shero's calls anymore, he's always robbing somebody.

I am a big Adam Larsson fan though, I do think he's better than he's being portrayed. It was time for Edmonton to make a move, after sitting status quo for years and years and the ineptitude there. I just think the Devils should have probably added a pick and a decent prospect to this trade or traded Nugent-Hopkins instead straight up for Larsson. I'm not complaining though.

Good to see Stamkos re-sign in Tampa, the hype of him going to Toronto was becoming BRUTAL, just absolutely brutal. I swore he was going there too. It was almost just like the Babcock situation last year, where you knew he was going there months and months before it happened. Only it didn't happen this time with Stamkos.

Old 06-30-2016, 05:39 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
I'm fed up hoping the Habs will do better next season when all they do is to continue to make themselves even more mediocre, Hey Bergevin wake me up when the Habs are in the Stanley Cup final,until then you've lost me as a fan of the Montreal Canadians.

Old 06-30-2016, 09:16 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
Bergevin has firmly cemented himself as one of the worst GM's in the league with that move. And there's quite a few very horrid ones in the league right now. Benning and Roy/Sakic in Colorado are really bad as well.
There have been worse general managers in the National Hockey League. Darcy Regier is an example of what not to do as a general manager during his tenure with the Buffalo Sabres.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey