Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2013, 06:58 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,004,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post
I think In-N-Out is great (vastly superior to Whataburger), but it's not a life-changing thing. The freshness and quality is remarkable for the price and I like the California vibe. The people who work there are young, intelligent, upwardly mobile people who are not going to make a career out of In-N-Out, unlike at many Whataburgers, where it seems like they hire people who can't get a job elsewhere. No frozen BS or processed veg., either. Fresh. That's their thing. Whataburger quality is around Dairy Queen in my book and their fakey-folksy attitudes and slow service have never appealed to me.

That all said, I live within easy walking distance of the In-N-Out near Fisherman's Wharf and have been there about three times in two years. So, like I said, don't be surprised if it doesn't change your life. Here in San Francisco, In-N-Out is more for tourists and suburban dwellers, as they are located in the hotspots for these groups.

It's a good value. It's clean. The people are bright and genuine and the food quality is high. What's not to like? It's still just a cheeseburger, though.

I like mine mustard-grilled with grilled onions and substitute ketchup and mustard for spread. Plus, I like my fries well-done. Basically, that's "Animal-style" without the spread, which I think is gross.
Texas chains > California chains

Lee's Sandwiches suck speaking of California chains in Texas. Remains to be seen if Jollibee will be any better, however they aren't originally from California.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 07:38 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,138,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Texas chains > California chains

Lee's Sandwiches suck speaking of California chains in Texas. Remains to be seen if Jollibee will be any better, however they aren't originally from California.
This is a bizarrely random response.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXT View Post
I'd rather have a 'Cease and Desist' burger from Underbelly. In-and-Out may have a good burger, but their attitude screwed them in the Houston market.
Sure, plenty of great restaurant burgers out there. In-N-Out is a freshness for value play, pure and simple. What do you mean about their attitude in Houston? I must have missed this.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:43 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,819,005 times
Nothing else matters but my chances of getting an In-N-Out burger before I move in 2014. Is this going to be possible?

Old 08-13-2013, 07:52 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,242,936 times
I would MUCH rather have In-n-Out than all this Carls Jr. nonsense.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:32 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,961,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown2013 View Post
Yeah that place is not good.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:36 PM

2,367 posts, read 4,697,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXT View Post
I'd rather have a 'Cease and Desist' burger from Underbelly. In-and-Out may have a good burger, but their attitude screwed them in the Houston market.
You are comparing one of the best restaurants in Houston to fast food? How has their attitude screwed them? They had a drive through line over a mile long when they opened in Dallas. I am sure it will be no different here.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:41 PM

998 posts, read 1,326,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown2013 View Post

Carl's Jr is a lot better than In and Out

Old 08-13-2013, 08:59 PM

I've never understood why Beck's Prime doesn't do better business. That's a good burger. There are 3-4 very similar local chains here in San Francisco that all do killer business:

Super Duper burgers in San Francisco serving quality fast food style burgers, fries, and shakes.
Gott's Roadside
Roam Artisan Burgers | Delicious Burgers from Pasture to Plate

These are all relatively close to one another, yet are never dead like Beck's is almost all the time, other than lunch. Their prices are similar to Beck's too.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:06 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,961,448 times
The best burgers in Houston are found here (closed Sunday and Monday like the barber shop):

Chief's Cajun Snack Shack - MacGregor - Houston, TX
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston