Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2018, 08:57 PM

35,262 posts, read 17,158,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Tell that to the Demobrats.
I am a lifelong, liberal Democrat and am incensed at the name-calling directed at my party. I am a third-generation Democrat. For the record, I agree that this and similar caravans must be kept out. At some level I even agree with a border wall.

I am not a Demobrat, Demonrat or any other such epithet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2018, 09:01 PM

35,262 posts, read 17,158,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Well it's funny how you and I can agree on that but I don't hear you complaining about the failure of the Republican house and Senate to pass a mandatory e-verify law with prison terms for employers who are caught hiring illegals a second time, a bill without huge carve outs for big agra, construction and poultry/meat processing. You remove the reason they come here (jobs) and it's unlikely that very many of the will make the journey. Don't hold your breath for that bill though because the industries who benefit the most from illegal labor pay off politicians to make sure that they will never have to worry about tough immigration laws.
I wasn't aware of that but I am probably in agreement with you. See post just above this one. I am actually a left-wing Democrat.

Old 10-23-2018, 09:13 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,617,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
How do you know they are "skilled"?

What do you think? That all these people have high IQs and multiple college degrees? If you think that, then I have some oceanfront property in AZ to sell to you.

Most of them are functionally illiterate. School is not mandatory in these countries. If they want to go past the 6th grade, it costs them money to do so. Get a clue.

Some of them don't even speak Spanish---instead they speak obscure native Indian languages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
If they are well dressed and well fed would that not indicate the means to do so?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
What are you getting at? You make no sense.

They are well dressed and well fed. If you don't know what that means, I'll tell you. It means that they are not starving and desperate. Period.
If people are going to be prejudice (pre judging) of people they really should figure out first what it is about the persons it is they don't like first.

I've seen comments that they are illiterate and uneducated, to, they are well dressed and not starving. Well dressed and not starving is an indication the people have a little bit more about them, than some one who is poor an uneducated. And if that is the case they would definitely be an asset to the u.s.

So which description of these people are we to believe? The comments are bouncing back and forth and no, they don't make any sense at all.

What are the conditions of Honduras, that would make these people want to leave, is the question I had; so I looked it up.

Forget Trump Hysteria, Here’s How the Migrant Caravan ‘Crisis’ Really Began

What I see is, if this was going on in America, we'd be hauling butt too. And then when I think about I wounder too, how many Americans migrate out of America each year? That's a question that is difficult to answer, because it isn't important enough to our politics for gov agencies to keep track. Or it could be our government doesn't want us to know, because more people might get the bright idea that the u.s. isn't all that and life elsewhere might be better had.

To be honest, imo, people are getting all red in the face over nothing ... they are 'people' tired of living a $hit life and decided to try and doing something about it. No different from any one else, if faced with the same conditions and the same choice. No different than the Americans that already do, migrate out of the u.s. each year. The only exception is ... no one talks about them.

Old 10-23-2018, 09:55 PM

22,511 posts, read 12,057,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
If people are going to be prejudice (pre judging) of people they really should figure out first what it is about the persons it is they don't like first.

I've seen comments that they are illiterate and uneducated, to, they are well dressed and not starving. Well dressed and not starving is an indication the people have a little bit more about them, than some one who is poor an uneducated. And if that is the case they would definitely be an asset to the u.s.

So which description of these people are we to believe? The comments are bouncing back and forth and no, they don't make any sense at all.

What are the conditions of Honduras, that would make these people want to leave, is the question I had; so I looked it up.

Forget Trump Hysteria, Here’s How the Migrant Caravan ‘Crisis’ Really Began

What I see is, if this was going on in America, we'd be hauling butt too. And then when I think about I wounder too, how many Americans migrate out of America each year? That's a question that is difficult to answer, because it isn't important enough to our politics for gov agencies to keep track. Or it could be our government doesn't want us to know, because more people might get the bright idea that the u.s. isn't all that and life elsewhere might be better had.

To be honest, imo, people are getting all red in the face over nothing ... they are 'people' tired of living a $hit life and decided to try and doing something about it. No different from any one else, if faced with the same conditions and the same choice. No different than the Americans that already do, migrate out of the u.s. each year. The only exception is ... no one talks about them.
Maybe YOU would be "hauling butt" and taking the coward's way out but for many of us, we would stay and push back. America has experienced many crisis points in her history and has pushed through them all. For example, instead of cutting and running, Americans fought in 2 world wars. They also volunteered to fight in other wars. They hung in there through the Great Depression instead of cutting and running. Why don't you hold people in this caravan accountable? Why don't you expect them to work to better their own countries?

Too bad those people "are tired of living a $hit life". That's not our problem. We have many Americans who live "$hit lives" that need help. Charity starts at home. We have poor, law-abiding people who live in gang infested areas and are constantly fearful. Do you think that they should form caravans and force their way into Canada? We have veterans who suffer from PTSD and end up homeless. Do you think that they should form caravans and force their way into Canada?

As for American expats, currently 9 million live outside the US for varied reasons. No doubt, most of them moved to other countries legally. In other words, they didn't band together and force their way into another country.

Once again---we can't take in the entire third world without descending into third world status ourselves. I want better than that for my descendants.

The question for you is: Why don't you want that for your descendants?

Do you seriously think that we have unlimited potable water and buildable land? How many people will be too many for you? 1 billion? In India, Bangalore doesn't have enough potable water for its population. Is this the future you want for the US?

Old 10-23-2018, 10:29 PM

1,378 posts, read 739,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
Lol, please. Your people can't even take care of the babies they have, let alone take care of or teach a mature society anything worth learning. [Indeed, Uncle Sam pays for well over half of these people to have their babies when they get here, and then takes care of all of their needs up through adult hood. Look it up. The government basically raises these kids. How utterly embarrassing.]

So nah bro, you aint teaching nobody ****.

Besdies, what's the lesson to be learned from a bunch of failed nations in Latin America? A collection of useless nations that are absolute unproductive and unnecessary ****holes with the highest murder and crime rates in the entire damned world? Central America could disappear tomorrow and the world wouldn't even know about it for all that region contributes to humanity.

No thanks. The descendants of the invaders to North America created the most powerful and prosperous country this world has ever seen. The Europeans also create the most equal and liberal societies on earth, protecting minorities better than anyone else. We aren't going to give that up in favor of turning into some garbage central American **** hole.

You all have a lot of lessons to learn yourselves before demanding anything or trying to take that which was built by someone else. Stay the hell out if that's your intention. You'll find more resistance than you think, as millions from all around the world have moved to the USA because it is the USA. Believe me, IMMIGRANTS in the US (legal ones) don't want to live in Mexico, Honduras, etc. Otherwise, they would have MOVED THERE.
Really? A quick google search turned up this.
https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...k-white-780252

Which makes sense that more white americans get welfare because well, there are more of them. So the whole, they all get welfare is bs.

Also, funny but the whole failed countries bit..i wonder how much stuff at your house is "Made in Mexico", better through all of that out too.

And thats ok, you can think what you want..ill be cheering them on when they cross the border..and they WILL CROSS...and you know why? Because its not an invasion, they are seeking refugee status. Sounds like a win for illegal immigration!

Old 10-24-2018, 05:58 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,855,601 times
We have a president, backed up by an administration, who is very aware of the political maneuvers being executed by the leftist Democrats right now.

I heard a call, I believe on Hannity, in which the caller is suggesting that Obama could very possibly be one of the "players" behind this, that he is chummy with Venezuela. Soros very likely provides bribes and money to "motivate' the invaders.
The unarmed troops are sent there to work doing the administrative duties, freeing up all ICE workers to be free to deal with these invaders.

Brilliant move.

Old 10-24-2018, 06:09 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,491,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I am a lifelong, liberal Democrat and am incensed at the name-calling directed at my party. I am a third-generation Democrat. For the record, I agree that this and similar caravans must be kept out. At some level I even agree with a border wall.

I am not a Demobrat, Demonrat or any other such epithet.
I receive the same dumb attitude when I don't exactly tow the republican/conservative line the way people think I should. Very annoying.

As for the wall, if we stopped the incentive to come here and we charged people with a crime for hiring illegals, we wouldn't need an expensive wall IMHO.

We should accept absolutely no excuse, political or otherwise, from our president for not stopping this caravan from crossing over into our country. I'm not yet convinced that Trump will keep them out. He tends to put too much blame on democrats for not getting things done.
I'm very concerned about this caravan and what it's entrance to America will spell for our future.

Old 10-24-2018, 07:00 AM

63,063 posts, read 29,263,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I receive the same dumb attitude when I don't exactly tow the republican/conservative line the way people think I should. Very annoying.

As for the wall, if we stopped the incentive to come here and we charged people with a crime for hiring illegals, we wouldn't need an expensive wall IMHO.

We should accept absolutely no excuse, political or otherwise, from our president for not stopping this caravan from crossing over into our country. I'm not yet convinced that Trump will keep them out. He tends to put too much blame on democrats for not getting things done.
I'm very concerned about this caravan and what it's entrance to America will spell for our future.

Actually, we'd still need a wall as criminals, terrorists and the drug cartels aren't looking for jobs. Those that are would still come without a wall to give birth on our soil so that they'd have an instant citizen which would entitle the whole family to benefit from all kinds of freebies.

Old 10-24-2018, 07:08 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,344,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Looks like a mob attack. Brought to you by Democratic Globalist
It's an invasion.

Old 10-24-2018, 08:37 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,491,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Actually, we'd still need a wall as criminals, terrorists and the drug cartels aren't looking for jobs. Those that are would still come without a wall to give birth on our soil so that they'd have an instant citizen which would entitle the whole family to benefit from all kinds of freebies.
Good point. I'm not sure that a wall would keep them out. Walls can be climbed and tunneled under. Maybe we'd do better to unshackle and expand our law enforcement departments rather than spend that money on a wall? Don't know. One thing is for sure. Our current system is useless and all Washington does is discuss it and argue back and forth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration