Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2020, 11:45 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,640,168 times

Advertisements

^Its true. Went grocery shopping today and lots of empty shelves. Many things were gone completely with entire aisles empty. But some elements were weird, like how the family frozen dinner section was completely empty yet the normal frozen dinners were basically untouched, which is what I always eat anyway. That was a pleasant surprise, I guess people can’t stockpile as much with their freezer space. You see what’s left on most shelves is crap nobody will eat and shouldn’t even be stocked. It’s the apocalypse out there and yet still nobody will buy vanilla almond milk. They’re all out of every good normal almond milk practically (I found just 4 higher calorie, 60/serving almond milks) but completely stocked on the vanilla crap nobody wants and nobody asked for. Now is a good time to evaluate that if someone doesn’t sell out right now, it should go the way of the dinosaur and never return to shelves because even the end of the world isn’t enough reason to buy it lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2020, 11:49 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,120,926 times
I went to an albertsons. Quite a few people. But the weird thing is how quiet it was. No one was talking. No one was laughing. No one was making any noise. It was like watching a movie on mute. Only noise was the in store music.

Old 03-21-2020, 11:53 PM

386 posts, read 262,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
^Its true. Went grocery shopping today and lots of empty shelves. Many things were gone completely with entire aisles empty. But some elements were weird, like how the family frozen dinner section was completely empty yet the normal frozen dinners were basically untouched, which is what I always eat anyway. That was a pleasant surprise, I guess people can’t stockpile as much with their freezer space. You see what’s left on most shelves is crap nobody will eat and shouldn’t even be stocked. It’s the apocalypse out there and yet still nobody will buy vanilla almond milk. They’re all out of every good normal almond milk practically (I found just 4 higher calorie, 60/serving almond milks) but completely stocked on the vanilla crap nobody wants and nobody asked for. Now is a good time to evaluate that if someone doesn’t sell out right now, it should go the way of the dinosaur and never return to shelves because even the end of the world isn’t enough reason to buy it lol
I only use unsweetened vanilla almond milk. So this pleases me.

As someone that does keto, it's insanely versatile. I use it in everything from cooking to protein shakes to good ole fashioned chocolate milk.

Old 03-22-2020, 12:03 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,640,168 times
Yuck! The vanilla stuff is useless. I only want unsweetened 30 calorie almond milk, works for cereal and protein shakes. Vanilla doesn’t work for either - I don’t want my Fruit Loops or Golden Graham’s or whatever to taste like vanilla, that’s just gross. And vanilla doesn’t go with my strawberry - banana protein shakes either. It’s all around useless. I think it could work maybe with a chocolate shake, that might not be gross, and it could work with like Cocoa Crispies I guess. But it has almost no normal uses unless you want everything to taste like vanilla, which I don’t.

Old 03-22-2020, 02:38 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,492,383 times
I went to CVS on the Strip and got 2 small containers of bleach. They were selling Lysol spray for $9+ a can so I passed. Oh the store was empty and the shelves nearly full, no toilet paper, hahahaha!

Old 03-22-2020, 07:34 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,580,400 times
Went to Trader Joes the other day and literally the only thing in the frozen section was a neat pile of Tilpia. You would think their computer system could tell them that no one buys that nasty trash fish and wouldn't need the apocalypse to make this clear.

Old 03-22-2020, 02:39 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,058,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Went to Trader Joes the other day and literally the only thing in the frozen section was a neat pile of Tilpia. You would think their computer system could tell them that no one buys that nasty trash fish and wouldn't need the apocalypse to make this clear.
Find a UK style fish n' chips recipe. Fries right up nice for that and its cheap. Make a little tartar sauce and you'll never know the difference.

I bet if these shortages keep up, even the less desirable species are going to become food.

Old 03-24-2020, 11:01 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,580,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
Find a UK style fish n' chips recipe. Fries right up nice for that and its cheap. Make a little tartar sauce and you'll never know the difference.

I bet if these shortages keep up, even the less desirable species are going to become food.

I'm sure, but if you saw how and what tilapia are fed at the fish farms you might refrain until that time. The are often part of a secondary harvest setup below other more desirable fish and feed off the waste of said fish. Besides being filthy trash fish, they have no real flavor and are considered unhealthy to eat. YouTube it if you don't believe me.

Old 03-24-2020, 12:49 PM

10,609 posts, read 5,655,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
I'm sure, but if you saw how and what tilapia are fed at the fish farms you might refrain until that time. The are often part of a secondary harvest setup below other more desirable fish and feed off the waste of said fish. Besides being filthy trash fish, they have no real flavor and are considered unhealthy to eat. YouTube it if you don't believe me.
Agreed. I think I'd resort to eating cardboard first.

Old 03-24-2020, 05:47 PM

2,114 posts, read 2,347,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juxtaposition109 View Post
So Las Vegans freaked out. There is hardly any food in any of the grocery stores.
I went into the Skye Canyon Smiths a week ago Sunday. I could have fit everything left in the meat department in my basket, and it would maybe have covered the bottom of it. The frozen vegetable aisle was so gutted that employees blocked it off so that they could restock. As a couple of people have mentioned, you could really tell what is unpopular by seeing what was left in places like the soup section.

I went into Vons Sky Pointe on Sunday to pick up a prescription. A lot of empty spaces on the aisles still. There was a sign saying that hand sanitizer purchases are limited to one per person - but that was out of the zero bottles on the shelf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas