Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2021, 11:43 AM

107 posts, read 138,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by compwiz02 View Post
This isn't about me but about someone I know. Is it normal to feel the side effects of the vaccine a few days after getting the dose?
I was sick for about 4 days after the first dose. I got the second dose and felt mostly ok the next day- until later that afternoon. Then I had a rough night, but was okay the next morning. It seems to be different for everybody.

Old 04-06-2021, 12:11 PM

365 posts, read 423,762 times
I'm hearing Moderna has the most negative effects. Is that what you had? I'm getting close to getting mine and requested Pfiser but they told me they have Moderna so im hesitant. I'm 62 and mostly healthy

Old 04-06-2021, 12:44 PM

1,341 posts, read 656,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kespen View Post
I was sick for about 4 days after the first dose. I got the second dose and felt mostly ok the next day- until later that afternoon. Then I had a rough night, but was okay the next morning. It seems to be different for everybody.
According to my friend, her arm felt really sore. She got Pfizer. The area where she got got injected at felt really sensitive. She couldn't even touch or lean on it but she could move her arm around. She felt fine the whole weekend (got the first dose on Saturday morning). Decided to do house cleaning on Monday and started to feel the side effects (fatigue) before going to bed. I'm guessing the side effects had a bit of a delay? She's worried about having COVID. Hasn't said anything about breathing problems, loss of taste/smell, or fever. The symptoms she reports seem to be aligned with getting the vaccine.

Old 04-06-2021, 12:45 PM

1,628 posts, read 1,712,982 times
I'm still dealing with shoulder pain (SIRVA) after the first shot. I started feeling bad (like a bad hangover) that night but it only lasted about 24 hours. I got the second shot and had no side effects. I may need to see my doctor about the shoulder pain. I got the Pfizer vaccine both times.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 04-06-2021 at 01:46 PM..

Old 04-06-2021, 12:47 PM

1,086 posts, read 746,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strato58 View Post
I'm hearing Moderna has the most negative effects. Is that what you had? I'm getting close to getting mine and requested Pfiser but they told me they have Moderna so im hesitant. I'm 62 and mostly healthy
My wife, son and I all got Moderna - both doses - no problems but some soar arms for 48 hours.

Old 04-06-2021, 12:54 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,832,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strato58 View Post
I had Moderna March 3rd. No effects at all. Not even a sore arm. (I'm 67.)

I had the second dose March 31st. Sore arm and a lump around the injection site. Four days later I developed mild headaches. Ibuprofen for 1.5 days.

Now I seem okay again.

Well worth it for the peace of mind.

Old 04-06-2021, 07:18 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,279,422 times
I got the first dose of Moderna. My arm was so sore I couldn't even lift it for a day or so. I also got the chills twice. The first time it woke me up in the middle of the night with shaking while under a down blanket with the heater on. I'm scared to get the second dose now later this month. Some people get really sick for three or four days while others are totally fine so maybe I'll get lucky.

I was reading the vaccine passport stuff. It suggests we may have to have four vaccines a year for boosters and variants. Nobody is going to want to get that many vaccines a year if it hurts this much. I mean I get that it's better than possibly dying but OUCH!

Old 04-07-2021, 12:45 AM

3,433 posts, read 3,754,691 times
My wife and I both received the first dose of Moderna and nothing but sore arms for a day or two. We were told side effects are can be more likely with the second dose.

Old 04-07-2021, 12:56 AM

37,109 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
I got the first dose of Moderna. My arm was so sore I couldn't even lift it for a day or so. I also got the chills twice. The first time it woke me up in the middle of the night with shaking while under a down blanket with the heater on. I'm scared to get the second dose now later this month. Some people get really sick for three or four days while others are totally fine so maybe I'll get lucky.

I was reading the vaccine passport stuff. It suggests we may have to have four vaccines a year for boosters and variants. Nobody is going to want to get that many vaccines a year if it hurts this much. I mean I get that it's better than possibly dying but OUCH!
There is no evidence that boosters will be needed every four months. Pfizer has six month data with better than 90% effectiveness for its vaccine and no evidence that it is waning.

Old 04-07-2021, 12:04 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,279,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
There is no evidence that boosters will be needed every four months. Pfizer has six month data with better than 90% effectiveness for its vaccine and no evidence that it is waning.
Good
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas